Josh Allen has lost a step.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

He seems slower. He’s still elusive in the pocket (barely). 

Is he showing his age already? Or didn’t he work out this past summer?

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

He literally had the longest TD run of his career 6 games ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

Are you ignoring the first game? 

3 hours ago, teef said:

oh you!

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

And to think he was MVP just 3 days ago. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I remember my first day drinking binge, too. Good times.

The key is to take a break around noon and drink some water. Then start powering through around dinner, again.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

This really summarizes the TBD experience.  

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

We should have a “dumb jar” on TBD. Every time someone says something ***** idiotic, they put $5 in the jar and it goes towards website upkeep. 

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Let’s trade him and tank.  

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I miss the days when not everyone had the internet.

When I read the OP, I was immediately curious what the responses would be. Y'all did not disappoint.

I didn't even really have to go past page 1 and all angles were pretty much covered.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Because he hasn't lost a step. 

The next time Josh gets chased down and caught from behind by a defender this season would be the first. 

He's playing smarter and sliding more

We'll see as the season unfolds.  No one can say one way or the other with the sample size thus far.  

37 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Because it’s not true? 🤦‍♂️

You don't know that anymore than the OP.  

We're talking about scrambling.  Nobody is saying Josh Allen is a bum. 

The Stan culture around here is weird.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Spector of all people caught Lamar escaping the pocket for a sack on Sunday, I think Lamar has lost a step as well...

Allen is actively trying to save/heal his body right now.  He had his hand injury in Week 1, and the offense prior to the Ravens game was flowing well enough that he didnt NEED to run for 80 yards a game.

Allen mentioned in multiple interviews that he has lost 10-15 pounds compared to previous years, and is in a very good physical state.  The dude was ROCKED by a massive DT on that trick play and didnt miss a snap.  His body (while sore) is still a damn tank.

In the 4th quarter, he laterally sprinted away from Marlon Humphrey while he was escaping the pocket.  He has plenty of speed still in his legs.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Points from OP:

He seems slower. He’s still elusive in the pocket (barely). He moved away from Marlon Humphrey to escape the pocket last night who is plenty quick.  He also has used his legs to get around defenders, especially in weeks 1 and 2 for first downs and touchdowns

Is he showing his age already?  Bills had the number 1 offense in the league through the first 3 weeks and it wasn't really close.  Allen was the most efficient player weeks 1-3

Or didn’t he work out this past summer? Allen mentioned losing 10-15 pounds this offseason and being in great shape leading into camp

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   Allen ran for a touchdown Week 1 of this year where he hurdled Budda Baker for the score.  

there is an opinion, and then there is a fallacy.  If OP said "Allen seems to be sliding more, maybe he is protecting his body" that's something I can understand.  But Allen "losing a step" and "we may never see a 15-20 yard run" are just insane statements.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

I love threads that rouse the rabble. They are great popcorn threads.  I look forward to them actually.  The emojis will be rainbow in color lmao

What is a rabble anyway?

7 minutes ago, Lost said:

What is a rabble anyway?

it's a cool word. For me it invokes thoughts of shenanigans and or protesters. Inciters of mayhem and merriment LOL

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

Go Bills. 

I'm not a physicist and cant's speak to the accuracy of this, but these guys registered him at nearly 23mph in a game a couple weeks ago.

Josh Allen top speed

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

We should have a “dumb jar” on TBD. Every time someone says something ***** idiotic, they put $5 in the jar and it goes towards website upkeep. 

@BringBackFergyyou have the honor of being the first person to put money in the jar! 

I respectfully suggest you don’t let @HOUSE within a country mile of that jar. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

His speed seems so underrated because he had the worst 40 yard dash form of all time haha 

Yeah, it was so ridiculous I'm surprised it didn't go viral. :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I’m not a Stan. It’s stupid that any time the Bills lose there’s all these ‘hot takes’. It’s attention seeking. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Idk I’ve seen a lot of valid josh criticisms after this game and ‘he lost a step scrambling’ is not one of them imo.  I don’t think it’s Stan culture to call out one specific critique of how he’s been playing lol 

he definitely bails clean pockets too early when his oline has struggled in the game, he’s probably having issues setting protections, but in a regular season game where your team is getting absolutely manhandled and you have an injured hand it makes absolutely zero sense to take crazy risks scrambling even if it is available.  Doesn’t mean he can’t do it when it makes sense to.  A lot of these plays were instant pressure from all sides lol I don’t think he’s gonna scramble out of a lot of those