Josh Allen has lost a step.

Apparently, you can’t admire the QB but make an honest critique. 
I love JA. Don’t want any other QB. 
And it wasn’t the Ravens game (loss) that brought about this post. 
The last three games he has not shown that breakout speed from two years ago. 
He needs some time on the treadmill. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Looks to me like once he injured that hand he knows he can not be all out running outside of the pocket and looks to get down so he doesn't get hit.

Which I am all for.  We have excellent running backs, let them run the ball.  Allen has been hurt in three straight seasons now and is always battling an injury.

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He still has that strong right arm to sling the ball all over the field. As long as he has that then we are fine. Like others have mentioned the injured left hand probably has limited his running. No big deal just let Cook run more. 

What a crazy take.  What you are seeing is an older QB who knows all too well about the bumps and bruises that come from taking hits for a full season.  He’s been sliding way more and a little less wreckless when running.  But no one would say he “lost a step” when he flew over the defender for a touchdown against the cardinals.

He knows when to turn it on and off now rather than being on every minute of every game before.  You should be applauding this for the longevity of your franchise QB, not saying he’s lost a step.

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hes sliding more often and protecting himself these days which is what you want in the regular season…hasn’t lost a step at all

im sure it’s an honest critique it’s just wrong 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I didn’t realize a broken finger can affect the speed at which you move your feet. 
You guys must have backgrounds in kinesiology. Kudos. 

OR

He has a broken finger(s) on his left hand and he does not feel comfortable tucking the ball in that hand and using his right hand to stiff arm and therefore he runs until there is a chance at contact and then he gets down because he doesn't want to get hit, so he doesn't fumble or injure the fingers(hand) worse.

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I didn’t realize a broken finger can affect the speed at which you move your feet. 
You guys must have backgrounds in kinesiology. Kudos. 

The same guy who 8 months ago outran the entire Steelers defense in a playoff game. At 240 lbs what do you want him to turn into Michael Vick?

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Let’s trade him and tank.  

What do you think we can get for Allen and Cook? Maybe Houston will send us Diggs back.

I admit I didn't post here much last season, but the meltdown around the board from this loss is very scary.  It's one friggin loss to a good team on the road and that is a bad matchup for us.  Ok, move on.  

Remember this is a very young team is spots with 3 key defenders out.  We are getting 2 back soon.  Things are going to be just fine.

And by the way Josh hasn't lost a step.  His own line stunk against the Ravens and he is protecting his injured hand.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan

We have two early round recently drafted running backs and everybody has been hand wringing over Josh’s long term health for years now. Now that he’s taking it easier despite making cross body scramble throws that absolutely nobody else can make, he’s “lost a step”.

Some of you should only have access on game days.

Just now, uticaclub said:

Josh is here for a good time, not a long time

So sprinting recklessly like a madman actually increases your longevity? Hmm that seems to counter about 7 years of message board complaints 

42 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

See guys this is just an honest question. Saying your QB needs to get on a tread mill and dissing his pocket presence is just a totally honest benign question so why the overreaction guys??