Josh Allen has lost a step.

51 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

He seems slower. He’s still elusive in the pocket (barely). 

Is he showing his age already? Or didn’t he work out this past summer?

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

I don’t think he’s lost a step at all. The coaches have been in his ear about getting down, sliding, and not taking big hits. He’s trying to follow the plan.

This exact same thing happened last year and was abandoned by like week 8, we’ll see if it sticks this year.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

He seems slower. He’s still elusive in the pocket (barely). 

Is he showing his age already? Or didn’t he work out this past summer?

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

I have noticed the same thing. Moves almost like Fuzzy Zoeller at the 1984 Masters. 

maybe the Bills can bring back Rusty Jones to work with him?

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I don't think he is slower.  He probably has a broken left hand. He is just playing more cautiously.  He is sliding more than he ever has. On the pocket escapes he is trying to find guys downfield instead of just taking off.

That said, he also looks a little thicker around the middle. He might be 5-10 pounds heavier. 

I agree. He’s a bit banged up and being more cautious. I think he looks skinnier than last year though. 

I don't think he's lost a step, but i think he is being more conscious about not running as much or taking hits while running.  The irony is that the hardest hits he takes and the nagging injuries seem to be when he gets nailed in the pocket or behind the line of scrimmage.

My other Josh observation, and i haven't mentioned it on this board yet, is that JA17 looks thinner.  He's still a big guy but they used to say he was 6'5" 245,,, He looks more like 220 now at best.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I noticed it over the summer on his golfing pictures and then in recent interviews.  Hope that doesn't affect his durability.  He's probably eating more healthy and more nutrition conscious.. who knows. 

he was running hard for yards and TDs the first two weeks then he mashed his hand to pieces so that he couldn't even use it for a handoff vs miami.  it's good enough for a handoff now, but if you aren't confident holding the ball w the left hand, it changes where you can run, and you don't have that hand to help break tackles.  also, he prolly doesn't want to make it worse.

so he's likely less super fast than he was years 1 and 2 (i think he broke like 21mph a couple times in those seasons) but still a monster runner.  right now he's not running the same cuz he's hurt.

He is nursing broken bones(best guess) in his left hand.  He has not lost a step, he is limited.....not sure why that is not getting discussed more TBH.  It did not matter vs the fish and Jags but it did vs the Ravens.   Hopefully the glove comes off soon.