Josh Allen has lost a step.

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

He seems slower. He’s still elusive in the pocket (barely). 

Is he showing his age already? Or didn’t he work out this past summer?

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 11
  • Haha (+1) 17

Well, if Brady keeps designing this stupid ass calls, expect JA to get beaten up out there.....i'm sure the accumulation of hits over the past couple of years is piling up and that has to take its toll, im thinking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

We all remember him sprinting down the field, fast, elusive. Stiff arming Kiko Alonso or others. 

I know they want him to stay in the pocket, but he’s been sliding 15 yards short of where he used to when faster. Perhaps we’ll never see the 15-20 yard designed runs to the end zone   

Go Bills. 

I remember my first day drinking binge, too. Good times.

The key is to take a break around noon and drink some water. Then start powering through around dinner, again.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't think he is slower.  He probably has a broken left hand. He is just playing more cautiously.  He is sliding more than he ever has. On the pocket escapes he is trying to find guys downfield instead of just taking off.

That said, he also looks a little thicker around the middle. He might be 5-10 pounds heavier. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I don't think he is slower.  He probably has a broken left hand. He is just playing more cautiously.  He isxlsiding more than he ever has. On the pocket escapes he is trying to find guys downfield instead of just taking off.

That said, he also looks a little thicker around the middle. He might be 5-10 pounds heavier. 

Dump Hailee. Those committed relationships really add on the pounds 🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just my own observation. 

Go Bills. 

Why is it that after one loss fans start making irrational pronouncements about how a great QB,who clearly has changed his attitude about risking injury, has been diminished (lost a step). For three weeks he was the odds on favorite to be MVP without meaningful designed runs or scrambles that didn’t end in slides. You don’t want Josh exposed to debilitating injuries because this offense is nothing without his direction. Why would you question his training regimen or even want him to extend runs at risk of taking hits like the other night? Do you realize the offensive strategy against the Ravens allowed free rushers all night and he was able miraculously to avoid them. He should have been sacked at least 5 times. Our defense wasn’t prepared physically or coached to deal with Henry or their wide open receivers at any point in that game. It is not sustainable to ask Josh to play.  throwing caution to the wind, like he did against Arizona when he almost broke his wrist. Our coaching staff has to take a good look in the mirror because that disastrous performance will be copied by every future opponent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

We should have a “dumb jar” on TBD. Every time someone says something ***** idiotic, they put $5 in the jar and it goes towards website upkeep. 

@BringBackFergyyou have the honor of being the first person to put money in the jar! 

I mean seriously, “lost a step” looks like… scrambling to his right being chased by multiple defenders, being pushed out of bounds and throws an absolute dart across his body to Khalil Shakir 40 yards down field.

Unfortunately for Josh Allen, he does that 3-4 times a year, so clowns here think it’s normal. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think he lost a step. At least not in some meaningful way. 

But Josh’s longevity was always going to be dependent on his ability to throw the ball from the pocket and be opportunistic with his legs. As he pushes 30 this will start to become drastically more important. 

Guys who play the game like Josh cannot survive in the league playing that way forever. 

• Like (+1) 1