The Bills future looks great

DeepPass

I still think THIS year looks very positive.  I believe we're more like the team of the 1st 3 weeks than the one we saw on Sunday night.  

The Ravens game was a Murphy's Law kind of game.  They're a great team & deserved the win, but I won't be nervous about playing them again if we meet them in the playoffs. I think that game will serve us well if that does happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If we dont let 1 loss turn into 3 in a row we are fine... we have got to at least split the next two preferably win them both. At minimum the Jets is going to be critical to win.  I said in the beginning of the year if we went 4-2 in the first 6 I was ok... 5-1 super happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ive been saying all offseason, this team is headed in a good direction right now.  Most of our core players and starters moving forward are young and on the right side of 30.  We have a lot of draft capital this next year, we won't have $31M in dead cap to a player who isn't playing for us, and the icing on the cake is we can get out of Von's deal this offseason.  The biggest moment of our 2024 offseason was when Von just flat out took a pay cut and Beane did not need to rework his deal that would have prevented us from getting out of it this next offseason.  

Cap space...youth...3 additional picks in first 4 rounds plus all our original picks.  I don't know what this year will result in, but next year we are really set up to be aggressive on building up our key weak points on the roster and putting the team in position to continue to be a SB contender/favorite for years to come.  

Honestly, I think we will own this division still a min of another 5 years assuming Josh stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I don’t believe that KC is going to stand pat on that front 

Idk who they can add that’s a big impact without a huge trade that will sink them in the future when rice/hollywood brown can play.  Rice could miss the next season too though if they tack a suspension on so they might potentially go that route 

they REALLY need OTs also…the issue for bills/chiefs is when the oline doesn’t show up it exposes the wr talent.  I don’t think the needle would’ve moved much dumping an all pro wr on the bills for that ravens game with how bad the offensive line played.  And when the oline holds up, you can roll with a bunch of solid role players at wr 

difference between the two games this week is the chiefs played an absolutely comically injured chargers team so they hung on to that undefeated record.  I think they’ve got major issues beyond wr that people aren’t digging into too much since they’re undefeated 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

As long as Mahomes and Reid are alive and well and playing/coaching on Sundays, it doesn't really matter what any team does honestly. We're all just here for the ride. We're in Patriots 2001-2018 dynasty part 2 right now...unfortunately at about the 1/3 mark of that dynasty.

• Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

As long as Mahomes and Reid are alive and well and playing/coaching on Sundays, it doesn't really matter what any team does honestly. We're all just here for the ride. We're in Patriots 2001-2018 dynasty part 2 right now...unfortunately at about the 1/3 mark of that dynasty.

I don’t think the chiefs are anywhere remotely close to the pats dynasty personally…if they weren’t the healthiest team by a wide margin last season they were not winning the superbowl and that luck seems to be evening out this year 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the present is fine for the Bills. They’re flawed (no wrs, bad kicking game, key injuries, coaching lapses) but everyone is flawed. As long as they have 17, they can win as soon as this year.

In terms of the future, one of the most underrated positives, is that the division is about to fall off a cliff. The Jets are all in on a 1 or 2 year timeline. They don’t look good enough now. Miami is all in as well and it hasn’t worked. They paid $55M a year to an average QB. New England is miles away but did take Maye early. If Maye is the guy, they’re probably the competition for the 2nd half of this decade. If he can’t play, they stink forever. 

I thought about this last night while the Dolphins kicked FGs and Tua sat on the sideline.

They may be royally screwed for the next few years depending on how that shakes out. He didn't look good prior to the injury, either. Waddle and Hill are already grumbling on the sidelines, Achane sustained another injury, and the shine has started to wear off of McDaniels. 

5 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I thought about this last night while the Dolphins kicked FGs and Tua sat on the sideline.

They may be royally screwed for the next few years depending on how that shakes out. He didn't look good prior to the injury, either. Waddle and Hill are already grumbling on the sidelines, Achane sustained another injury, and the shine has started to wear off of McDaniels. 

I think McDaniel is victimizing himself tbh

He appears to be more of a problem solver than a thinker...he took Tua's fairly limited skill set and magnified the best parts w/out trying to improve the offense holistically 

Whether that was entirely his decision or not is kind of up for debate, apparently the power struggle between Ross/Grier and Flores left a lot of messy personnel choices in its wake

• Agree 1

Our future would be better if the damn undefeated Vikings would start self-destructing. The 2025 2nd round pick we got for moving Diggs (Minnesota via Houston) is falling lower every week they keep winning.

• Agree 1

How can we have faith that McD & Beane will develop a championship-caliber team? They had draft capital and cap room before, yet we haven't seen the results we expected. If by great you mean division titles and playoff exits with a generational talent at QB, ok.

On 10/2/2024 at 12:31 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Um, yeah. Really. Without the slightest question. Vegas has us this week as the fourth favorites.

But nice work on the GIF.  Works great even if your point was dumb.

On 10/1/2024 at 7:21 AM, Sweats said:

I think we have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft for next year, so that will help build a little more reliable foundation for the roster for a few more years yet, but i don't really see too many stand-out AFC teams to threaten us this year.

What positions do you see them prioritizing  next year in the draft and free agency?

On 10/1/2024 at 4:51 PM, Sweats said:

I think this is the year to make a SB run......i know our roster may not be the best or functioning 100% with the growing pains of all the new added pieces, however, the AFC looks wide open right now, with our only true tests being Baltimore and KC IMO.

I think we have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft for next year, so that will help build a little more reliable foundation for the roster for a few more years yet, but i don't really see too many stand-out AFC teams to threaten us this year.

We need better coaching...to cover some of the deficiency in talent.