The Bills future looks great

DeepPass

I think all serious Bills fans knew this season would be a challenge.  The Salary Cap caught up to us!  Too many good veterans released and limited money to spend on Free Agents. Our wide receiver core had to be rebuilt on the cheap.

Looking ahead to 2025.  7 draft picks in the first 4 rounds!!  

I believe we'll make the Play-offs because of the unbelievably weak teams in the AFC East.  They all are sub-par NFL teams. Any play-off wins will be great.  

GO BIL:LS!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, DeepPass said:

I think all serious Bills fans knew this season would be a challenge.  The Salary Cap caught up to us!  Too many good veterans released and limited money to spend on Free Agents. Our wide receiver core had to be rebuilt on the cheap.

Looking ahead to 2025.  7 draft picks in the first 4 rounds!!  

I believe we'll make the Play-offs because of the unbelievably weak teams in the AFC East.  They all are sub-par NFL teams. Any play-off wins will be great.  

GO BIL:LS!

In addition, DP, our dead cap will be primarily cleared so we’ll have a great deal of $ for extending those who need it, and possibly getting one big FA.  Pegula has been known these last several years to spend to the cap, and willing to go in cap to cash, meaning use his personal $ to afford these contracts.

We just need to have a solid year, this year, and of course every year is the SB, but that is a tough order this year.  I think we can get to at least the AFCCG, as a number of teams have flaws even the Ravens and Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

And our amazing draft scouting staff in conjunction with our philosophy of drafting high character JAGs coupled with our amazing coaching philoso…… Oh wait, this isn’t a reality thread, it’s a make excuses feel good thread.

Sorry, I’ll show myself out😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

3-1 atop the AFCE

Sadly that 3 were the easy stretch...Bills have a nightmare of a schedule. Id rather barely make the playoffs for the next two years, focus on 2026 and give us a more favorable SOS. 

Texans and Jets on the road will not be easy. Seahawks look good. 

then we have Chiefs, 9ers, Rams, Lions all back to back. 

I'd say, through the first 4 games, I couldn't imagine it going much better.

I thought this was a year the bills would be relegated to a second class in the afc, and try to hang on for a playoff spot.  

The dolphins are fundamentally broken.  The jets look like the bark was way worse than the bite.  Both are in extreme win now modes.  The patriots, if it works, still need a year or 2.

The other beasts of the afc look pretty ordinary for the most part.  It's possible/probable someone gets it together and goes on a roll.

So the bills can be serious contenders this season.  I think for a rookie, Coleman has looked good.  

Moving forward with all the young players, picks, and cap room, that gives beane and McDermott a great opportunity to build a 3 year powerhouse.  In a division that may have 2-3 rebuilding teams in it.  

• Like (+1) 2

I think this is the year to make a SB run......i know our roster may not be the best or functioning 100% with the growing pains of all the new added pieces, however, the AFC looks wide open right now, with our only true tests being Baltimore and KC IMO.

I think we have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft for next year, so that will help build a little more reliable foundation for the roster for a few more years yet, but i don't really see too many stand-out AFC teams to threaten us this year.

Well considering a popular sentiment around here during the off-season and training camp was the Bills would start the season 1-3 and the Super Bowl window was firmly shut, this is a refreshing topic. Amazing what a couple of wins can do for fans outlooks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think that the present is fine for the Bills. They’re flawed (no wrs, bad kicking game, key injuries, coaching lapses) but everyone is flawed. As long as they have 17, they can win as soon as this year.

In terms of the future, one of the most underrated positives, is that the division is about to fall off a cliff. The Jets are all in on a 1 or 2 year timeline. They don’t look good enough now. Miami is all in as well and it hasn’t worked. They paid $55M a year to an average QB. New England is miles away but did take Maye early. If Maye is the guy, they’re probably the competition for the 2nd half of this decade. If he can’t play, they stink forever. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we can still be in the mix if we can get Bernard, Taron Johnson and then eventually Milano back in the fold.  The Chiefs might be 4-0 but they are very lucky to be 4-0 and they are dealing with their own injury issues.  I'll give credit to Baltimore for the beatdown they just gave us but once again it could be a different game with TB,TJ, and MM.  Plus Lamar always chokes in the playoffs.  There isn't any other team in the AFC that even worries me this year.  It's a wide open year which bodes well for us.