If The Bills Add One Position, Where Do you Spend the Money?

If The Bills Add One Position, Where Do you Spend the Money?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If The Bills Add One Position, Where Do you Spend the Money?

19 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

It seems that everyone wants something here and the Bills have limited cap space. So if you can shore up one position where are you spending the money??

Biggest bang for your buck is going to be a decent wideout but w limited funds kicker is probably the responsible choice

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Biggest bang for your buck is going to be a decent wideout but w limited funds kicker is probably the responsible choice

I picked kicker even though you know I have defended Bass in the past.  I'm sick of watching other teams kick 55 yd + FG's and holding my breath on every Bass kick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

You left off Defensive End. That would be my pick.

And a top flight safety would make a huge difference.  Imagine Kyle Hamilton on the Bills.  Going from back-up level at best, to an All-Pro would be a game changer.

if Bills had a defense that.could hold Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Lions,etc to 20 or less, Josh Allen could lead the team to the SB with the offense they have now.

• Like (+1) 1

You can create schemes to help your Safeties ...

You can help your QB get the ball to guys, like protecting him (cough)

If your Kicker is bad you can't hide it ... The way Bass is going it's a matter of when, not if he costs the team a game.

38 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

You left off Defensive End. That would be my pick.

And a top flight safety would make a huge difference.  Imagine Kyle Hamilton on the Bills.  Going from back-up level at best, to an All-Pro would be a game changer.

if Bills had a defense that.could hold Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Lions,etc to 20 or less, Josh Allen could lead the team to the SB with the offense they have now.

3/4 games we did hold teams to that and dominated.. Geez , the hot takes/Overreaction is so wild on here.. A 3-1 team had a bad night!

Happens literally every week to elite teams..

And I'd choose DE. Or Aaron Donald/Quinen Williams DT to answer the OP

Add 'other' option if possible bro

Edited by JerseyBills

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

3/4 games we did hold teams to that and dominated.. Geez , the hot takes/Overreaction is so wild on here.. A 3-1 team had a bad night!

Happens literally every week to elite teams..

And I'd choose DE. Or Aaron Donald/Quinen Williams DT to answer the OP

Add 'other' option if possible bro

I added DE and DT to the choices

WR would be nice and McManus (get him here tomorrow).

Only 2 or 3 teams are really out of it.  Don’t count on much by deadline day.  

DT is my next pick and it seems every year there are a few that are available that can contribute.  

Kicker.

Bass is on a fast decline. Getting worse from distance with every year his leg ages. Most kickers make it 4 years in the NFL. Bass is in year 5, and is not as good as he was year 1. Justin Tucker is in decline, but he’s almost 35 years old and started out with a much stronger leg than Bass. 

Let’s take out FGs under 40 yards, because an NFL kicker should make these in their sleep.

Bass career 40+

Reg 41/55 = 74.5%
Playoffs 5/9 = 55.9%

Total 40+ 46/64 = 71.9%

Butker (KC)

Reg 79/99 = 79.7%
Playoffs 13/16 = 81.3%

Total 40+ 92/115 = 80.0%

McPherson (CIN)
Reg 49/64 = 76.6%
Playoffs 5/5 = 100%
Total 40+ 54/69 = 78.3%

Tucker (BAL)

Reg 175/218 = 80.3%
Playoffs 8/12 = 66.7%
Total 40+ 183/230 = 79.6%

In a league of 1-score games teams can’t afford a kicker who is -8% worse than top competition. 

Bass cost us 1 playoff game. And the chances are he will cost us a game or two every season at his rate of success.

• Thank you (+1) 1