Alphas week 4 recap and review

Alphadawg7

It happens...flush it and move on...now how do Babich and Brady respond is all the matters

Trenches...you win in the trenches...and Balt dominated them and took us to the wood shed

Samuel APB is officially out, its like they have no plan for him and they need to get him going

How does Bass still have a job?  Like seriously...

OMG was that trick play stupid at that time when we had momentum...very Daboll-esque

We needed to keep calm and play our game with that momentum, not try a high risk play

Your silver lining is that may be Keon's mini breakout to where they get him involved more

Offense shot itself in the foot too much every time we started to move the ball

Unfortunately our injuries caught up with us on D finally, need Taron & Bernard back ASAP

Rookies will make mistakes, but seeing how Coleman responded was impressive

Expect to see Brady come out with a different look and game plan for the offense this week

Second down and short play calling this week felt predictable, needed some more play-action

Punch back now. You came out flat and got punched in the mouth, now go out and punch back

Open up the offense earlier, don't wait until we are down 2 scores

Not going to panic after a short week, tough opponent, on the road missing 3 critical defenders

Demar is a good story, but may be time to see what Edwards looks like back there

GO BILLS!

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

To the last point, I think Damar secured his spot when Trevor threw the ball directly into his numbers. I’m 44 and out of shape and I would have caught that at least 27% of the time. 

Great story of perseverance. Below average safety, if I’m being kind. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lest not forget how Van Noy abused Spencer Brown!! 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

To the last point, I think Damar secured his spot when Trevor threw the ball directly into his numbers. I’m 44 and out of shape and I would have caught that at least 27% of the time. 

Damar is no good in run support at safety. Poyer used to bring the hammer. I still say Cam Lewis has no business on the field except for maybe special teams 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Lest not forget how Van Noy abused Spencer Brown!! 

Damar is no good in run support at safety. Poyer used to bring the hammer. I still say Cam Lewis has no business on the field except for maybe special teams 

How easy it was to take them out on run plays was disturbing to say the least 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

i was on board with Damar and Rapp, assuming we had Milano, Taron, and Bernard in front of them. They are being asked to do too much with their talent and with the entire middle of the D out. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How easy it was to take them out on run plays was disturbing to say the least 

I'm not going to panic, I think the big fellas just didn't have the juice this week. You can't fake desperation, and that's what the Ravens were. If there's a rematch in the playoffs, they don't scare me. Moving on to Houston.

Had to wait my response, by adding that I agree that Brady didn't stick to the game plan enough. Lack of play action and motion, really hurt us. 

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I'm not going to panic, I think the big fellas just didn't have the juice this week. You can't fake desperation, and that's what the Ravens were. If there's a rematch in the playoffs, they don't scare me. Moving on to Houston.

Had to wait my response, by adding that I agree that Brady didn't stick to the game plan enough. Lack of play action and motion, really hurt us. 

Yeah, for the Ravens the game was as close to a must win as it gets this early in the season.  Starting 1-3 with 3 losses to the AFC would have really put them in a tight spot rest of the season and they came out like it was a playoff game.  That Henry TD run to open up just electrified that stadium and team and our guys just didn't seem to be up for the challenge to match the intensity.  It was also a short week and coming off some big wins.  

Didn't help that we had not faced much push back or adversity really since a few mistakes first half week 1 where as Balt had already gone through some battles this year.  

But like I said above, its about how we respond that matters now.  I expect to see some different things out of the offense this week, and if we are lucky I am hoping we can at least get Taron back this week and even better if Bernard too.