McD not ruling out bringing in Hyde: “You know he we feel about Micah”

Big Blitz

Edwards...Bishop...Cine...please...because this is not the same Micah who we know and love and will be 34 in two months...no training camp or practices as well...and most importantly his neck-cervical injury is significant that there is no way we want him to stick his upper body into D Henry and other runners going full-speed into our secondary...safety first...

• Agree 1

Honestly he’ll only return if we truly need him.  

He’s a millionaire.  His money is likely invested properly.  He’s well. He doesn’t need to play. 

But in a (true) pinch, I think he’d come thru for us.  

Edited by Blackbeard

17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I get the feeling a conversation has already taken place and come later in the season if we need him for a playoff drive, he'll sign.

I think this is true.  But Micah loves the Bills and may come back earlier if needed.  

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think this is true.  But Micah loves the Bills and may come back earlier if needed.  

I think you're probably right and before it comes down to starting Bishop and Cine we'll see him. I also get the feeling he's working out and keeping himself in top condition.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

Edwards...Bishop...Cine...please...because this is not the same Micah who we know and love and will be 34 in two months...no training camp or practices as well...and most importantly his neck-cervical injury is significant that there is no way we want him to stick his upper body into D Henry and other runners going full-speed into our secondary...safety first...

The issue is that we have way too much turnover in the back 7. Damar Hamlin isn’t just starting he’s lining up the secondary. The same with Spector. 

There are zero players capable of taking on that role right now. Zero. 

Then on top of all that we have Cam Lewis getting abused. Allowing 72% completion, 6+ yards per target, and 9+ yards per completion. 

Without Taron, Milano, and Bernard, we need Hyde to get these kids in place live/pre-snap. 

• Agree 1

I knew that we were not going to sign Justin Simmons, but don't understand why. Dude is one of the best safeties in the league, and is like the Mahomes whisperer. He was on the market for like ever, and signed for a very reasonable amount. Here we are not even out of September, talking about bringing Hyde back....pft

• Like (+1) 2

Hyde at 20% is better than Rapp or Hamlin at 100%

8 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I knew that we were not going to sign Justin Simmons, but don't understand why. Dude is one of the best safeties in the league, and is like the Mahomes whisperer. He was on the market for like ever, and signed for a very reasonable amount. Here we are not even out of September, talking about bringing Hyde back....pft

Couldn’t afford Simmons because we spent $$$ on Samuel & MVS

I think bringing back Hyde has been the plan throughout the year.  I'm not sure his body could really take the grind of training camp and early season games, but he should have enough to help when it really matters.  If the new safeties stayed healthy and exceeded expectations that plan couple change, but we all know injuries are inevitable.  I fully expect to see him in December and January.

While it would be interesting to see what Hyde has left (watching a 250 lb 30 year old Henry outsprint our young safeties last night was painful), McD shouldn't put him in the position of risking his neck (literally) to play a few more games....