Brandon McManus reinstated - Bass replacement?

On 9/30/2024 at 3:54 PM, uticaclub said:

Bass hasn't looked like a professional kicker for almost a full year now, he started trending down at the end of last season. If you regularly attend a Bills bar, none of the regulars were surprised when he missed against KC. Yes, he might get his ***** together and be reliable on another team in the future.

So, because fans at any random Bills bar know the truth, this is the proof we need?

Edited by foreboding
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, foreboding said:

So, because fans at any random Bills bar know the truth, this is the proof we need?

Bills down by 2, 0:03 left in the game, ball is on the 30, on the left hash mark, how much confidence do you in Bass?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:06 PM, Blank Stare said:

Put him on IR for mental health. Or bring in a kicker on PS and activate him for 3 weeks (deactivating Bass) and then make a call. May the best man win. 

Also, I realize this is mostly on Bass and his mental, but where the hell is Smiley on all this. Dude is completely out of his depth as the ST coordinator. He can go. 

This is smart plan of attack and I'd maybe only dress McManus for home games to ensure he can deal with the Winds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Bills down by 2, 0:03 left in the game, ball is on the 30, on the left hash mark, how much confidence do you in Bass?

I do not disagree. I was just busting on you for using a Bills bar as your barometer. I think his mental state is shot, he looks terrified out there. Feels like evey kick is a coin flip.

No Bills bar needed! See?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, foreboding said:

I do not disagree. I was just busting on you for using a Bills bar as your barometer. I think his mental state is shot, he looks terrified out there. Feels like evey kick is a coin flip.

Oh, you didn't know the Bills Bars have the most perceptive and analytical fans in the nation? 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Why would you feel better with him? He isn't very consistent. Letting a crappy kicker go to sign another crappy kicker (while taking on a lot of dead cap) doesn't seem like a smart decision.

Honestly, I would feel better with just about anyone at this point. For me, when it comes to Bass, it has more to do with how and when he misses.  I remember before the miss against KC, everyone in our section had zero confidence he was going to make that kick. There was little doubt. It's not about percentages (career 81 vs. career 84). But it's when he's missing, and how he's been trending over the back half of the year last year, through now. And when he misses badly, and it's not from a block or slip, you can't help but think he has the yepps 

Edited by Allen2Moulds

52 minutes ago, paulmm3 said:

Would I take McManus over Bass? Probably yes. I don't know that Bass is going anywhere with that contract though.

And there is the truth.. since that contract is pretty hefty Beane and Co. have no other choice but to state that they have confidence in Bass. They have no choice and they certainly can’t bench a player that’s sporadic. 

Personally , for the sake of this franchise and fans, I am not taking a chance. I’ll find a way to cut his a$$ ASAP rather than to wait for a crucial moment where Bass would miss.

14 hours ago, foreboding said:

now, place forty of you in a room to watch… not an ideal barometer for nuance but whether a kicker has turner scary is actually a pretty solid scorecard 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2024 at 3:14 PM, Cray51 said:

Bills need to bring him in for a workout.  Guy kicked for years in Denver, and understands windy/cold conditions.  

I'll fill in the blanks for Bass supporters:

* The air is heavier here than in Denver

* McManus has lost a step and already had a slow 40 time

* Bass doesn't miss wide right much

• Haha (+1) 1