Brandon McManus reinstated - Bass replacement?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is supposed to be about winning and wining big. You don’t keep a kicker that sucks over 3 million dollars. Do we want to win games or what?

exactly.  So what’s the big deal :)

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I'd feel a lot better with McManus as our kicker. How long are we suppose to give Bass to turn it around? Enough is enough.

He shouldn't even have gotten retained this season if it wasn't for that stupid extension. 

Put him on IR for mental health. Or bring in a kicker on PS and activate him for 3 weeks (deactivating Bass) and then make a call. May the best man win. 

Also, I realize this is mostly on Bass and his mental, but where the hell is Smiley on all this. Dude is completely out of his depth as the ST coordinator. He can go. 

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

The Falcons/Bucs kickers combined for 6/6..five of those kicks were between 48-54 yards.  We are well behind league standard for a field goal kicker.  Will we wait until he misses another big playoff kick to pull our heads out of the sand? C'mon Bills.

McLaughlin was 3/3 and Koo  3/5

combined 6/8

On 9/30/2024 at 11:06 PM, Blank Stare said:

Put him on IR for mental health. Or bring in a kicker on PS and activate him for 3 weeks (deactivating Bass) and then make a call. May the best man win. 

Also, I realize this is mostly on Bass and his mental, but where the hell is Smiley on all this. Dude is completely out of his depth as the ST coordinator. He can go. 

Ridiculous that Smiley is still here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

The Falcons/Bucs kickers combined for 6/6..five of those kicks were between 48-54 yards.  We are well behind league standard for a field goal kicker.  Will we wait until he misses another big playoff kick to pull our heads out of the sand? C'mon Bills.

I mean that’s definitely not true the falcons kicker struggled all night and then got redemption at the end

I don't foresee them signing another kicker in season.  What needs to happen though is Brady needs to be smarter about his play calling on 3rd down when we're in field goal range.  Call plays that get us closer to 4th & 1 (tush push) instead of pushing throws downfield.  4th and long yardage situations force McDermott's hand to send Bass on the field.  

On 9/30/2024 at 7:08 PM, Allen2Moulds said:

I'd feel a lot better with McManus as our kicker. How long are we suppose to give Bass to turn it around? Enough is enough.

Why would you feel better with him? He isn't very consistent. Letting a crappy kicker go to sign another crappy kicker (while taking on a lot of dead cap) doesn't seem like a smart decision.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why would you feel better with him? He isn't very consistent. Letting a crappy kicker go to sign another crappy kicker (while taking on a lot of dead cap) doesn't seem like a smart decision.

I don’t ever remember him being of quality so I took a look at his career. 

81% conversion rate on his career. 
84% for Bass. 

think youre right about that not seeming like a smart decision. 

crappy kicker for a crappier kicker one might say. 😬

• Agree 1

Rather than pay for another kicker who may or may not be better, I would bring in a personal kicking coach, which wouldn't count against the cap. I don't believe they have one. He's like an excellent golfer with the yips. 

10 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

I don’t ever remember him being of quality so I took a look at his career. 

81% conversion rate on his career. 
84% for Bass. 

think youre right about that not seeming like a smart decision. 

crappy kicker for a crappier kicker one might say. 😬

He also had a season at 88% for extra points! That's really bad.

• Shocked 1

On 9/30/2024 at 8:06 PM, Blank Stare said:

Smiley has the position to be a scapegoat

• Haha (+1) 1