Brandon McManus reinstated - Bass replacement?

56 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ve been defensive of Bass so far, but I think he’s mentally shot. Missing kicks like last night’a 48-yarder that badly is pretty unfixable. 

McManus was excellent with Denver and was looking good with Jacksonville until he was accused of sexual assault. I think we should give him a look.

Agree. Imagine that 48 yarder was the kick to decide the game. We can’t wait for that to happen, because it will, at some point. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ve been defensive of Bass so far, but I think he’s mentally shot. Missing kicks like last night’a 48-yarder that badly is pretty unfixable. 

McManus was excellent with Denver and was looking good with Jacksonville until he was accused of sexual assault. I think we should give him a look.

Maybe Beane learned something from watching the kid go to KC that they let go . Bass was just resigned so they would be out his contract money so i'm not sure we will see a new kicker unless Bass just really stinks up the joint . There has been a smell developing though .

27 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It was strange last night in warmups as I was watching Bass and Tucker warm up towards the same direction (the direction Bass made his FG).   Bass was making kicks from midfield, which is a 60 yarder with no rush.  Tucker was actually short on a couple from the same distance. Clearly Bass' leg is not weak,  his mechanics and mental makeup are weak at the moment.

I’ve watched him in warmups in Buffalo each chance I’ve had, too.  

Frankly, and I hate to say this, a big part of me thinks that Bass is done here.  He’s very inconsistent.  Sometimes he hits it low.  Sometimes he powers up and pulls it.  Sometimes he has the horrible fade.  I believe during the AZ game he made about half of his kicks during the halftime “reheat” period.  

Take this for what it’s worth, and I know nothing about kicking, so it’s not worth very much.  The longer he stands to wait for the kick the more he starts to lean toward the snapper.  I wonder if that’s throwing his rhythm off a bit.  It’s probably undetectable on TV, but noticeable live. I didn’t notice it before last year, and it struck me as kind of odd.  

If there's an area where McDermott's faith in his players is going to extract a cost, it'll be with Bass, likely in a game the Bills will need to have.

1. Bills should be trying out every available kicker.  
  2. And if the entirety of the Bass issue is he prefers Matt Haack to hold the ball, go sign Haack and deal with it.  

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe Beane learned something from watching the kid go to KC that they let go . Bass was just resigned so they would be out his contract money so i'm not sure we will see a new kicker unless Bass just really stinks up the joint . There has been a smell developing though .

Need to send Bass to some of Watson’s massage places or to Araiza’s parties. 

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We are stuck with him I would imagine. Cutting Bass adds over 3 mill in dead cap money for next year. 

They bit the bullet for a lot more with Diggs’ contract and Bass could have a much more direct effect on their record. I can see them eating it when Bass eventually cuts himself. 

Bass's problem on last night's kick was all technique.  Watch the replay.  A good kicker's plant foot will be next to the ball as the kicking leg comes through.  Bass crow-hopped on his left leg and jumped up and to the left as he hit the ball, and that's the way it went.  It was a complete mess, completely off-balance, and I'm the biggest Bass-o-Matic fan out there.  He's definitely on a short leash.  If they ate 32 million dead cap for a Prima Donna, they'll eat 3 million for a kicker with serious issues. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It was strange last night in warmups as I was watching Bass and Tucker warm up towards the same direction (the direction Bass made his FG).   Bass was making kicks from midfield, which is a 60 yarder with no rush.  Tucker was actually short on a couple from the same distance. Clearly Bass' leg is not weak,  his mechanics and mental makeup are weak at the moment.

Honestly, currently I don’t trust the whole unit. From 13 seconds, to too many men to the bass yips and a couple kicks tipped… 

Count me in for a new ST Coordinator if we are refusing to address bass directly. 

he’s got talent, maybe someone else can unlock it again 

25 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If there's an area where McDermott's faith in his players is going to extract a cost, it'll be with Bass, likely in a game the Bills will need to have.

1. Bills should be trying out every available kicker.  
  2. And if the entirety of the Bass issue is he prefers Matt Haack to hold the ball, go sign Haack and deal with it.  

I feel like the haack thing is completely made up by fans, unless I’ve missed something. 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For any ex kickers out there, would it help Bass more to feel pressure or to keep the status quo? 

With no pressure on the roster he ***** the bed figuratively.  We bring in competition he might do it literally.  We need to do something because he seems rattled something bad.  

I blame it on him not wearing his stupid eye black under one eye.  

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bass's problem on last night's kick was all technique.  Watch the replay.  A good kicker's plant foot will be next to the ball as the kicking leg comes through.  Bass crow-hopped on his left leg and jumped up and to the left as he hit the ball, and that's the way it went.  It was a complete mess, completely off-balance, and I'm the biggest Bass-o-Matic fan out there.  He's definitely on a short leash.  If they ate 32 million dead cap for a Prima Donna, they'll eat 3 million for a kicker with serious issues. 

That first 50 yarder Bass struck perfect, right down the middle, and it would of been good from 60.  More pressure on this kick, we needed points bad.

Then Bass gets sloppy when game is lopsided.  What is going on?  It’s all mental imo

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

That first 50 yarder Bass struck perfect, right down the middle, and it would of been good from 60.  More pressure on this kick, we needed points bad.

Then Bass gets sloppy when game is lopsided.  What is going on?  It’s all mental imo

It's only 90% mental, the other half is physical.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We are stuck with him I would imagine. Cutting Bass adds over 3 mill in dead cap money for next year. 

Or... Bass magically now has a toe injury that's going to keep him on IR for the rest of the season 😉

• Thank you (+1) 1