Brandon McManus reinstated - Bass replacement?

I’ve been defensive of Bass so far, but I think he’s mentally shot. Missing kicks like last night’a 48-yarder that badly is pretty unfixable. 

McManus was excellent with Denver and was looking good with Jacksonville until he was accused of sexual assault. I think we should give him a look.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Bills need to bring him in for a workout.  Guy kicked for years in Denver, and understands windy/cold conditions.  

I was going to write the same.  A tryout hurts no one, and if worthy, a PS spot.  All teams have their main guy, but he would probably be a good in the wings option.

It was strange last night in warmups as I was watching Bass and Tucker warm up towards the same direction (the direction Bass made his FG).   Bass was making kicks from midfield, which is a 60 yarder with no rush.  Tucker was actually short on a couple from the same distance. Clearly Bass' leg is not weak,  his mechanics and mental makeup are weak at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It was strange last night in warmups as I was watching Bass and Tucker warm up towards the same direction (the direction Bass made his FG).   Bass was making kicks from midfield, which is a 60 yarder with no rush.  Tucker was actually short on a couple from the same distance. Clearly Bass' leg is not weak,  his mechanics and mental makeup are weak at the moment.

His mental state seems to be the same as the teams mental state when they have to play a good team. So much for our drafting character guys. 

Bass hasn't looked like a professional kicker for almost a full year now, he started trending down at the end of last season. If you regularly attend a Bills bar, none of the regulars were surprised when he missed against KC. Yes, he might get his ***** together and be reliable on another team in the future.