I'd love for us to trade for Amari Cooper

I don’t think Cooper is gonna commit to the work it takes to be good. Anywhere. What about Brandin Cooks? Although honestly after last night i feel like line help may be the bigger issue. Both lines are pretty healthy and they both got smoked. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not against Cooper, he would probably do anything to get out of Cleveland and anything he was asked here for a chance at winning.  I would prefer him over a me first guy like Adams who was complaining about not getting enough targets in a game they won last year.  Adams is a beast of a WR, but he will not like his role in an offense like this and would become an issue as soon as we lost a game where he didn't get the most targets.

But...our biggest issue against the Ravens was the domination we saw in the trenches.  Coleman got open deep multiple times and had Allen not been crushed at least one of them would have been a TD.  

Our next biggest issue IMHO is WTF is up with Samuel?  Hollins was not signed to be a key target, he was always slated to be the 5th or 6th target at best and his primary role was his elite ability to block in our run game and quick strike short passing game focused on YAC...and he has done that quite well in weeks 1-3.  But when we are going up tempo and pushing the ball downfield, it was always supposed to be Coleman, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel with Cook in the backfield.  Or even 12 personnel with Knox and Kincaid out there and some combo of Coleman, Shakir, and Samuel.  

Right now, I don't know if Samuel is still being slowed by Turf Toe or what...but it looks like they don't have a plan for him right now.  He seems to be more of a gadget player than a WR they signed for 3 years to contribute.  

Agree on all of this, and thinking Samuel's turf toe has to be the reason he's not involved more.  Most offseason, he's been a standout at practices. 

Unfortunate with his injury, I don't know if he'll be healthy most of this season.  Turf toes linger and easily aggravated if not 100% healed/enough rest.

Coop would be the ideal trade candidate, low $ and wants out.  He'd immediately fill a vital role in the offense.

3 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

For the most part, the Ravens D had 8 to 9 men in the box which took away what we do best which is the short passing game, the running game, and Allen's running ability. The Ravens begged us to throw the ball downfield

I know we all have different furniture but that is not at all what it looked like from my couch.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No. Go get Garret Wilson instead. Rogers hates him and he’s being wasted there.

Is this a real thing between him and Rodgers?  Doesn't matter, Jets would never send Wilson to the Bills regardless, but wasn't sure if this was just your guess or is there some trouble brewing there.

3 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

The Ravens exposed the weakness to our offense which is not having a true number 1 WR who can do it all on all parts of the field. For the most part, the Ravens D had 8 to 9 men in the box which took away what we do best which is the short passing game, the running game, and Allen's running ability. The Ravens begged us to throw the ball downfield which we couldn't take advantage of. We desperately need a outside WR who stretches the field which is what Amari Cooper does best. Mack Hollins hurts the Bills far more than he helps since he gives the Bills virtually nothing as a pass catcher which renders him irrelevant. Coleman is a nice complement to Cooper as opposed to Hollins. Cooper consistently posts 1,100 to 1,200 yards and 8 to 9 TD'S per season, and has a career average of 14.1 yards per reception. Amari already has 2 TD's on the season despite playing with bad QB. Another reason why we should trade for Cooper now is to prevent him from getting traded primarily to the Chiefs or Ravens, or other contending teams we could face in the playoffs.

The Browns are 1-3 and the remainder of their schedule is hard which most likely means they're going nowhere. I fully expect the Browns to trade away pieces sooner rather than later so they can start preparing for the future by stockpiling draft picks. Cooper is an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2025 which makes him a 1 year rental which won't cost much in trade compensation. I'm sure the Browns wants to get something in return for Cooper while they can. The cost for trading for Cooper should be as low as a 4th or 5th round pick but no higher than a 3rd which is well worth it.

The Bills currently have nearly $3.9M in cap space. The Browns converted all but $1.21M of WR Amari Cooper's 2024 salary into signing bonus, making him an extremely affordable trade candidate. Trading for Cooper only costs the Bills $941,111 in cap space. 

Get'er done Brandon Beane.

Cooper is not all that happy in Cleveland. This is the first year that he has been there where the offense isn’t clicking at all. He held out for a new deal but only got incentives added for this season, his last under contract. I think he’d welcome coming to Buffalo, but an extension might be something he pushes for. Cleveland would probably move him for the right price. They’re going to want to factor in the amount of his salary that they already paid as a signing bonus when it comes to calculating compensation. 

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Dude has no heart.

That's possible, and he's had these questions asked about him before. But it is just a half season rental with zero commitment beyond this year. You take a chance that a change of scenery to a real contender with a real QB gets his mind back straight.

I know people praised Joe Flacco for his play down the stretch last year but a lot of that was just Amari Cooper making ridiculous contested catch after ridiculous contested catch downfield. Adding his skill set immediately transforms our offenses's biggest weakness into somewhat of a strength. This is a no brainer IMO if Cleveland is willing to punt on their season.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's possible, and he's had these questions asked about him before. But it is just a half season rental with zero commitment beyond this year. You take a chance that a change of scenery to a real contender with a real QB gets his mind back straight.

I know people praised Joe Flacco for his play down the stretch last year but a lot of that was just Amari Cooper making ridiculous contested catch after ridiculous contested catch downfield. Adding his skill set immediately transforms our offenses's biggest weakness into somewhat of a strength. This is a no brainer IMO if Cleveland is willing to punt on their season.

100% agree. Flacco would have had the highest INT/attempt rate in the league last year if he had enough attempts. Then he throws two picks in the playoff game.  

Cooper wants out after Cleveland tried to trade him.  I don't blame Cleveland for wanting to get younger and not wanting to extend him.  They just traded for Jeudy and gave him a big deal and Cooper is 30.  I would expect him to play well with the Bills, for no other reason than he wants to get one more big payday and a good run with the Bills might lead to Bills giving him an extension or some other team signing him.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Ravens destroyed our offensive line. Last nights debacle had absolutely very little to do with the wide receiver position.

The TV feed doesn't necessarily show what's going on downfield, but this is more how I saw things.  The Bills were dominated in the trenches and Allen was running for his life on most of the pass plays.  He didn't have time to sit in the pocket and go through his reads like he has the last couple of games.

That's not to say that getting some veteran WR help on the cheap wouldn't be welcomed, but I don't think it's the biggest issue from last night.  In addition to the failure to contain the pass rush, the Bills have been able to get away with backup players on defense for the last few weeks (and I'd put Hamlin in that category), but the Ravens were too talented and too well-coached for the Bills to get away with it this week and, as such, the got steamrolled.

Edited by msw2112

2 hours ago, Floydboy12 said:

I don’t think Cooper is gonna commit to the work it takes to be good. Anywhere. What about Brandin Cooks? Although honestly after last night i feel like line help may be the bigger issue. Both lines are pretty healthy and they both got smoked. 

He’s coming off of a 1,250 yard season. He’s had 1,100+ yards in 4 of the last 5 seasons. What are you talking about, “work it takes to be good?”

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is this a real thing between him and Rodgers?  Doesn't matter, Jets would never send Wilson to the Bills regardless, but wasn't sure if this was just your guess or is there some trouble brewing there.

My opinion, but if you watched the Jets game you should have seen the absolute DAGGERS that Rogers was shooting at Wilson after incomplete passes. Plus he didn’t see a target for a whole quarter after his fumble.

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

My opinion, but if you watched the Jets game you should have seen the absolute DAGGERS that Rogers was shooting at Wilson after incomplete passes. Plus he didn’t see a target for a whole quarter after his fumble.

Gotcha, I was cooking all day for my wifes Niners game as this was like her last big football day with friends for a little bit before our baby is due.  So I was mostly just checking the TV's to see the scores and only really watched the final 2 Jets drives that lost them the game.  Nothing would make me happier than to see them continue to lose and implode haha

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

No. Go get Garret Wilson instead. Rogers hates him and he’s being wasted there.

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Are you suggesting that the Jets would trade, a productive, 24 year-old, top 10 pick? Are they doing this to appease their 40 something QB? Of course not

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s coming off of a 1,250 yard season. He’s had 1,100+ yards in 4 of the last 5 seasons. What are you talking about, “work it takes to be good?”

Poor choice of words on my part. To be a True #1. In my opinion that’s not what the team needs anyway. They just need a deep threat. 

12 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Poor choice of words on my part. To be a True #1. In my opinion that’s not what the team needs anyway. They just need a deep threat. 

So you think that they just need a guy to get down the field? Basically a replacement for MVS? From what I’ve seen he’s been open down the field.