I'd love for us to trade for Amari Cooper

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not against Cooper, he would probably do anything to get out of Cleveland and anything he was asked here for a chance at winning.  I would prefer him over a me first guy like Adams who was complaining about not getting enough targets in a game they won last year.  Adams is a beast of a WR, but he will not like his role in an offense like this and would become an issue as soon as we lost a game where he didn't get the most targets.

But...our biggest issue against the Ravens was the domination we saw in the trenches.  Coleman got open deep multiple times and had Allen not been crushed at least one of them would have been a TD.  

Our next biggest issue IMHO is WTF is up with Samuel?  Hollins was not signed to be a key target, he was always slated to be the 5th or 6th target at best and his primary role was his elite ability to block in our run game and quick strike short passing game focused on YAC...and he has done that quite well in weeks 1-3.  But when we are going up tempo and pushing the ball downfield, it was always supposed to be Coleman, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel with Cook in the backfield.  Or even 12 personnel with Knox and Kincaid out there and some combo of Coleman, Shakir, and Samuel.  

Right now, I don't know if Samuel is still being slowed by Turf Toe or what...but it looks like they don't have a plan for him right now.  He seems to be more of a gadget player than a WR they signed for 3 years to contribute.  

The Ravens confused Josh and OL with their pressure - mostly without blitzing much.   But at the end of Sunday, Josh had the 3rd longest time to throw.  While there was pressure Josh wasn’t getting the ball out like he did in past weeks.  

Baltimore covered everything short and dared the Bills to throw deep and make their WR’s win.  They couldn’t do it.  

This is going to be a problem throughout the season with this WR room.  

Shakir is their best WR but doesn’t threaten downfield.  Teams are going to put their best defender like Humphrey to cover him.  

When you take Shakir out of the equation the options are four receivers in Coleman, Hollins, Samuel and MVS who don’t separate.  

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

The Ravens exposed the weakness to our offense which is not having a true number 1 WR who can do it all on all parts of the field

I don't have the same conclusion at all.......but keep pounding the square peg into the round hole.

• Like (+1) 1

I still think this is a year of ifs... righting the ship, look I was yelling at the TV saying ridiculous things too but in the end I knew there would be struggles this year... I  just think we need to stick with the plan and not mortgage the future for 30 plus players on big contracts after jettisoning so many and taking huge dead cap hits to do so... You can get Cooper for 1mm as a rental and he doesnt move the cap needle that much ok... fine if thats what they think they need to do... I am never against improving the team ever...  but are we doing it for the short term in a re tool year? Not so sure I want to sign up for that. 

The Ravens look to be one of the best teams, and we had a bad night. While I wouldn't mind bolstering the WR corps, I think what we have will continue to develop. 

I mean, if Coleman can keep building on last night, he stands a chance of being a true #1 kind of guy by the end of the season. Shakir is very solid.  Samuel has more potential than he has shown so far.

What hurt us yesterday more than anything was getting away from Cook.  Our offense can still be a top 5 unit without a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

The Ravens look to be one of the best teams, and we had a bad night. While I wouldn't mind bolstering the WR corps, I think what we have will continue to develop. 

I mean, if Coleman can keep building on last night, he stands a chance of being a true #1 kind of guy by the end of the season. Shakir is very solid.  Samuel has more potential than he has shown so far.

What hurt us yesterday more than anything was getting away from Cook.  Our offense can still be a top 5 unit without a trade.

They looked pretty ordinary through 3 weeks until they played us and looked like the 85 Bears.

Cooper or DHop should find their way here, it’s clear that real D’s have no worries about getting beat deep, they just took away the middle and said “good luck” there was no answer after that.  Cooper may not be a legit 1 anymore, but at basically get min, he’s a heck of an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe they should try using Curtis Samuel as a WR.

Don’t disagree, but if he really can’t take Mack Hollins spot, there are larger issues afoot (pun intended).

50 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He's 31 with a MASSIVE contract.

I can't speak to the contract, but we shouldn't be looking for a longterm solution here.  

Just a go-to guy for a season or 2, until Coleman hits his stride.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Cooper is dropping so many balls.  His drops are so bad that its getting funny. At least it would be funny if he wasnt killing my fantasy team.

Check out the ball that hit him in the chest yesterday but ended up an INT. He is quitting in Cleveland.  Dude has no heart.

Yeah I seen that too but he's still a massive upgrade over Hollins at this point and most likely will give it his all playing with Allen. 

I also seen that 83yd TD that was called back on a borderline holding call. Cooper is over 31yrs old I bet he wants a chance to finally win something and he knows his best bet is to get traded out of Cleveland. With that being said I'll give them anywhere from a late 3rd to 5th for him no problem 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I can't speak to the contract, but we shouldn't be looking for a longterm solution here.  

Just a go-to guy for a season or 2, until Coleman hits his stride.  

His cap hit this year is 25 million. There is no move that the Bills could make to absorb that. But you know who can? The New York Football Jets.

52 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The Ravens confused Josh and OL with their pressure - mostly without blitzing much.   But at the end of Sunday, Josh had the 3rd longest time to throw.  While there was pressure Josh wasn’t getting the ball out like he did in past weeks.  

Baltimore covered everything short and dared the Bills to throw deep and make their WR’s win.  They couldn’t do it.  

Shakir is their best WR but doesn’t threaten downfield.  Teams are going to put their best defender like Humphrey to cover him.  

When you take Shakir out of the equation the options are four receivers in Coleman, Hollins, Samuel and MVS who don’t separate.  

Coleman was though.  He’s the key.  Let’s hope this was a mini breakout to where they realize that they need to get him going early and we start seeing him consistently getting 7+ targets each week at least.  If Coleman and Allen start clicking, they can’t cheat their top CB to Shakir.

1 hour ago, Trust The Process said:

The Ravens exposed the weakness to our offense which is not having a true number 1 WR who can do it all on all parts of the field. For the most part, the Ravens D had 8 to 9 men in the box which took away what we do best which is the short passing game, the running game, and Allen's running ability. The Ravens begged us to throw the ball downfield which we couldn't take advantage of. We desperately need a outside WR who stretches the field which is what Amari Cooper does best. Mack Hollins hurts the Bills far more than he helps since he gives the Bills virtually nothing as a pass catcher which renders him irrelevant. Coleman is a nice complement to Cooper as opposed to Hollins. Cooper consistently posts 1,100 to 1,200 yards and 8 to 9 TD'S per season, and has a career average of 14.1 yards per reception. Amari already has 2 TD's on the season despite playing with bad QB. Another reason why we should trade for Cooper now is to prevent him from getting traded primarily to the Chiefs or Ravens, or other contending teams we could face in the playoffs.

The Browns are 1-3 and the remainder of their schedule is hard which most likely means they're going nowhere. I fully expect the Browns to trade away pieces sooner rather than later so they can start preparing for the future by stockpiling draft picks. Cooper is an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2025 which makes him a 1 year rental which won't cost much in trade compensation. I'm sure the Browns wants to get something in return for Cooper while they can. The cost for trading for Cooper should be as low as a 4th or 5th round pick but no higher than a 3rd which is well worth it.

The Bills currently have nearly $3.9M in cap space. The Browns converted all but $1.21M of WR Amari Cooper's 2024 salary into signing bonus, making him an extremely affordable trade candidate. Trading for Cooper only costs the Bills $941,111 in cap space. 

Get'er done Brandon Beane.

I agree after seeing what Hollins did last night it's no wonder he was a free agent the thing that bugs me is though they didn't utilize all of their personal Skantling was brought in for his speed didn't see his number called, Samuel is a fast guy didn't see him trying to stretch the field at all, Knox might have sat the bench, Ty Johnson scored and they didn't call his number again ??

If they could get Cooper for the price you say  they can yah sure let's go but how about trying to use what is available before you restock the cupboard . 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Cooper is dropping so many balls.  His drops are so bad that its getting funny. At least it would be funny if he wasnt killing my fantasy team.

Check out the ball that hit him in the chest yesterday but ended up an INT. He is quitting in Cleveland.  Dude has no heart.

This

I watched him basically quit in a huge game because of the weather years ago and said I'd never want a player like that on my team 

You want a real wideout, go get Davante

58 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Agreed.

Teams are going to force us to go deep and we are very limited in that respect.  

It's interesting we tried with Coleman a bit last night, but nothing with MVS.  He was on the field, right?

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Coleman was though.  He’s the key.  Let’s hope this was a mini breakout to where they realize that they need to get him going early and we start seeing him consistently getting 7+ targets each week at least.  If Coleman and Allen start clicking, they can’t cheat their top CB to Shakir.

Yeah, my only concern about Coleman is that he wins downfield with contested catches and I’m not sure how sustainable that will be. 

Either way, we need to see more snaps from Coleman, Shakir, and Kincaid and less of Hollins, MVS and Knox

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Agreed.

Teams are going to force us to go deep and we are very limited in that respect.  

It's interesting we tried with Coleman a bit last night, but nothing with MVS.  He was on the field, right?

He played 42% of snaps and Hollins played 61%.  Coleman was at 73% and Shakir at 59% partly due to injury.  

• Like (+1) 1