I'd love for us to trade for Amari Cooper

The Ravens exposed the weakness to our offense which is not having a true number 1 WR who can do it all on all parts of the field. For the most part, the Ravens D had 8 to 9 men in the box which took away what we do best which is the short passing game, the running game, and Allen's running ability. The Ravens begged us to throw the ball downfield which we couldn't take advantage of. We desperately need a outside WR who stretches the field which is what Amari Cooper does best. Mack Hollins hurts the Bills far more than he helps since he gives the Bills virtually nothing as a pass catcher which renders him irrelevant. Coleman is a nice complement to Cooper as opposed to Hollins. Cooper consistently posts 1,100 to 1,200 yards and 8 to 9 TD'S per season, and has a career average of 14.1 yards per reception. Amari already has 2 TD's on the season despite playing with bad QB. Another reason why we should trade for Cooper now is to prevent him from getting traded primarily to the Chiefs or Ravens, or other contending teams we could face in the playoffs.

The Browns are 1-3 and the remainder of their schedule is hard which most likely means they're going nowhere. I fully expect the Browns to trade away pieces sooner rather than later so they can start preparing for the future by stockpiling draft picks. Cooper is an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2025 which makes him a 1 year rental which won't cost much in trade compensation. I'm sure the Browns wants to get something in return for Cooper while they can. The cost for trading for Cooper should be as low as a 4th or 5th round pick but no higher than a 3rd which is well worth it.

The Bills currently have nearly $3.9M in cap space. The Browns converted all but $1.21M of WR Amari Cooper's 2024 salary into signing bonus, making him an extremely affordable trade candidate. Trading for Cooper only costs the Bills $941,111 in cap space. 

Get'er done Brandon Beane.

Edited by Trust The Process
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

They'll trade for a S or a CB instead because that's what McDermott asks Terry for. 

It wouldn't be a bad move to get a guy like Cooper, but I doubt they will make any sort of moves like that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

The Ravens exposed the weakness to our offense which is not having a true number 1 WR who can do it all on all parts of the field. For the most part, the Ravens D had 8 to 9 men in the box which took away what we do best which is the short passing game, the running game, and Allen's running ability. The Ravens begged us to throw the ball downfield which we couldn't take advantage of. We desperately need a outside WR who stretches the field which is what Amari Cooper does best. Mack Hollins hurts the Bills far more than he helps since he gives the Bills virtually nothing as a pass catcher which renders him irrelevant. Coleman is a nice complement to Cooper as opposed to Hollins. Cooper consistently posts 1,100 to 1,200 yards and 8 to 9 TD'S per season, and has a career average of 14.1 yards per reception. Amari already has 2 TD's on the season despite playing with bad QB. Another reason why we should trade for Cooper now is to prevent him from getting traded primarily to the Chiefs or Ravens, or other contending teams we could face in the playoffs.

The Browns are 1-3 and the remainder of their schedule is hard which most likely means they're going nowhere. I fully expect the Browns to trade away pieces sooner rather than later so they can start preparing for the future by stockpiling draft picks. Cooper is an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2025 which makes him a 1 year rental which won't cost much in trade compensation. I'm sure the Browns wants to get something in return for Cooper while they can. The cost for trading for Cooper should be as low as a 4th or 5th round pick but no higher than a 3rd which is well worth it.

The Bills currently have nearly $3.9M in cap space. The Browns converted all but $1.21M of WR Amari Cooper's 2024 salary into signing bonus, making him an extremely affordable trade candidate. Trading for Cooper only costs the Bills $941,111 in cap space. 

Get'er done Brandon Beane.

The problem is there is this little team in Kansas City that is pretty desperate for a WR right about now. That will drive the price up. 

• Like (+1) 3

I absolutely agree with your post Amari Cooper would be a great addition to this offense. He also doesn't command a ton of targets to make a difference in a game which helps keep our everyone eats theme going. 

There's definitely going to be games where we need certain players to be just better then the opponent. Scheming and game planning can only get you so far in this league sometimes you just need guys that can win games and Cooper at this point would go along way to helping us with that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cooper is dropping so many balls.  His drops are so bad that its getting funny. At least it would be funny if he wasnt killing my fantasy team.

Check out the ball that hit him in the chest yesterday but ended up an INT. He is quitting in Cleveland.  Dude has no heart.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He has some quirky issues which is why Dallas dumped him for a 5th round pick.  

Not sure he would enjoy playing in the Buffalo weather (yes I know he is in Cleveland).  When He was in Dallas he basically was  different guy in road games.  

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Cooper is dropping so many balls.  His drops are so bad that its getting funny. At least it would be funny if he wasnt killing my fantasy team.

Check out the ball that hit him in the chest yesterday but ended up an INT. He is quitting in Cleveland.  Dude has no heart.

I’d quit if I were in Cleveland too. You can only play in the factory of sadness for so long before it begins to affect you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Not sure he would enjoy playing in the Buffalo weather (yes I know he is in Cleveland).  When He was in Dallas he basically was  different guy in road games.  

At the cost there is zero risk. He would be here for 4 months. 

Im not against Cooper, he would probably do anything to get out of Cleveland and anything he was asked here for a chance at winning.  I would prefer him over a me first guy like Adams who was complaining about not getting enough targets in a game they won last year.  Adams is a beast of a WR, but he will not like his role in an offense like this and would become an issue as soon as we lost a game where he didn't get the most targets.

But...our biggest issue against the Ravens was the domination we saw in the trenches.  Coleman got open deep multiple times and had Allen not been crushed at least one of them would have been a TD.  

Our next biggest issue IMHO is WTF is up with Samuel?  Hollins was not signed to be a key target, he was always slated to be the 5th or 6th target at best and his primary role was his elite ability to block in our run game and quick strike short passing game focused on YAC...and he has done that quite well in weeks 1-3.  But when we are going up tempo and pushing the ball downfield, it was always supposed to be Coleman, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel with Cook in the backfield.  Or even 12 personnel with Knox and Kincaid out there and some combo of Coleman, Shakir, and Samuel.  

Right now, I don't know if Samuel is still being slowed by Turf Toe or what...but it looks like they don't have a plan for him right now.  He seems to be more of a gadget player than a WR they signed for 3 years to contribute.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Is it quirky to be traded because you didn’t get vaccinated?   Thats a large part why Jones traded him.  

Seems in 2024, that shouldn’t be an issue for an NFL team.  

Given how affordable he is, it just depends what type of player he is right now.  

Just now, SCBills said:

Is it quirky to be traded because you didn’t get vaccinated?   Thats a large part why Jones traded him.  

Seems in 2024, that shouldn’t be an issue for an NFL team.  

Given how affordable he is, it just depends what type of player he is right now.  

I don't think it was just that.  He had some weird issues.  They claimed he did not want to play hurt and he was a different player on the road.

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The problem is there is this little team in Kansas City that is pretty desperate for a WR right about now. That will drive the price up. 

agreed.  almost like we should have taken care of this WR problem before KC became desperate, you know, when we didn't have a #1 but had "hope" for a #1.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not against Cooper, he would probably do anything to get out of Cleveland and anything he was asked here for a chance at winning.  I would prefer him over a me first guy like Adams who was complaining about not getting enough targets in a game they won last year.  Adams is a beast of a WR, but he will not like his role in an offense like this and would become an issue as soon as we lost a game where he didn't get the most targets.

But...our biggest issue against the Ravens was the domination we saw in the trenches.  Coleman got open deep multiple times and had Allen not been crushed at least one of them would have been a TD.  

Our next biggest issue IMHO is WTF is up with Samuel?  Hollins was not signed to be a key target, he was always slated to be the 5th or 6th target at best and his primary role was his elite ability to block in our run game and quick strike short passing game focused on YAC...and he has done that quite well in weeks 1-3.  But when we are going up tempo and pushing the ball downfield, it was always supposed to be Coleman, Shakir, Kincaid and Samuel with Cook in the backfield.  Or even 12 personnel with Knox and Kincaid out there and some combo of Coleman, Shakir, and Samuel.  

Right now, I don't know if Samuel is still being slowed by Turf Toe or what...but it looks like they don't have a plan for him right now.  He seems to be more of a gadget player than a WR they signed for 3 years to contribute.  

the Coleman issue is perplexing.  I figured he'd come out and be a pro-bowler here.  How is it he was better in DC!??!?!