Ed Oliver - MIA

LabattBlue

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Ed is talented. He is also undersized which results in him being swallowed up by big, physical offensive lines 

I think Oliver will always be inconsistent because of his size. It’s just part of the package.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

He is too good of a player to be invisible for entire games. Different season, same player.  

😞

It’s always the same story with him.. Seems like he only shows up when we’re playing crap teams …Wasn’t impressed with 50 either last night..

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The people moaning about the Dline are underestimating the cleverness of the Ravens plan. They designed their offense specifically to neutralise the Bills DLine. 

Could they have played better? Could one of them have made a play? Sure. But the Ravens plan was to take them out of the game and make the Bills 2nd level the critical point of failure.

Ty Dunne knows seriously F**k all about Xs and Os.

It was essentially the same exact game plan Indy used against Buffalo in 2021.  Oh yeah… also the last time they were blown out. 

Bills defense figured it out then and I think the DL is better this year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I think Oliver will always be inconsistent because of his size. It’s just part of the package.

Well that’s a problem isn’t it. Giving him a big second contract 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

IDK why the need to single out Oliver. Who performed well on the DLine last night? 

When the ravens run for over 200 yards. And the two guys youre COUNTING on and paying top $ for on the DL. DQ and ED O. And they combined have 1 assisted tackle. That’s a problem. Not once. Once - either could shed a block and make a tackle! Not once !?

especially with the back 7 a bunch of backup JAGS. 

Need more play making from interior DL. 

Edited by balln

1 minute ago, balln said:

When the ravens run for over 200 yards. And the two guys youre COUNTING on and paying top $ for on the DL. DQ and ED O. And they combined have 1 assisted tackle. That’s a problem. Not once. Once - either could shed a block and make a tackle! Not once !?

It seems most runs were on the outside. Anyway, so many players underperformed, that singling out a player feels wrong to me ha ha.  

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

It seems most runs were on the outside. Anyway, so many players underperformed, that singling out a player feels wrong to me ha ha.  

You’d have to show the play breakdown. They ran it plenty up the gut . It’s the nfl. They gotta make plays

8 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He wasn’t always in a spy role.  Don’t be fooled Oliver had a bad game, as did DaQuan and the rest of the DL.  

Here he gets blasted out of the picture on this wham block.  Reminds me of the Indy game from a few years back.  

True but none of them have the Henry - Lamar combo.  

It’s just a terrible matchup for us - mostly bc Henry is there and the Ravens WRs aren’t utilized much - our strength is CB.  The Ravens strength is TE RB Lamar and Zay Flowers.  

Without the horses on D we can’t do much if the Ravens play like that.  Perfect storm.  Home in prime time and they needed a win. 

I legit couldn’t care less and will not overreact one bit especially bc we’re 3-1, have been overall fantastic and the division is trash.  

Edited by Big Blitz

11 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

To think we could have had Metcalf in that draft. Imagine Allen with an actual stud like him....

They actually drafted Cody Ford in the 2nd when Metcalf was still on the board, now that’s a tragedy

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oliver was a top 10 pick.  Metcalf was a second round pick.  It was Cody Ford over DK Metcalf and not Oliver over DK Metcalf.

A Brendan Beane special; the guy is so overrated as a GM. Take away striking gold with Allen, and he his mediocre at best.

• Agree 2

A lot of it is on coaching. Ed's role is penetrating at 3-tech. The Ravens said, go ahead and penetrate, but we'll wham block you with their 300 lb FB while Henry runs right by on the other side of the FB. It happened over and over again.

10 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

It’s always the same story with him.. Seems like he only shows up when we’re playing crap teams …Wasn’t impressed with 50 either last night..

Aaron Schobel carved out a nice career loading up on sacks against bottom feeder opponents 

11 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

A Brendan Beane special; the guy is so overrated as a GM. Take away striking gold with Allen, and he his mediocre at best.

He’s really good at finding guys who are good in the later rounds, but outside of the obvious first round pick, his ability to find true difference makers is suspect 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, balln said:

You’d have to show the play breakdown. They ran it plenty up the gut . It’s the nfl. They gotta make plays

They attacked the edges more than the middle. Sure, it's fair to say the Dline should have made more plays... but the gameplan was designed to prevent them doing exactly that. I put it more down to excellent gameplan from the Ravens than the dline "going missing." 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Simon said:

You realize he spent most of the night in a spy/contain role making sure Jackson couldn't hurt us with his feet?

And that the majority of the Ravens success in the run game came on the edges.

You want to complain about him being invisible (to you), talk to the coaches who assigned him that role.

He was getting wham blocked all night.  Can you imagine Ed Oliver in a spy?  Sometimes I think you just comment without watching the game

• Eyeroll 1