Defense Playing Undermanned Due To Performance Issues.

Buffaloflash

• Buffaloflash changed the title to The Bills Played With 10 Players On Defense Last Night!

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

…and Hamlin is no better.  They are both practice squad fodder.  

Agreed.  As for Hamlin,  I've said this before his injury.  Dude can't cover and often takes bad angles.  He's always late to the party!   Watch most of the completions or even incompletions and he will show up just after the play ends.  Cam Lewis had a tough game but he's made a few plays here and there.  But when you have these guys on the back end and Damar is your starting safety?  That's just awful.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Agreed.  As for Hamlin,  I've said this before his injury.  Dude can't cover and often takes bad angles.  He's always late to the party!   Watch most of the completions or even incompletions and he will show up just after the play ends.  Cam Lewis had a tough game but he's made a few plays here and there.  But when you have these guys on the back end and Damar is your starting safety?  That's just awful.

Don't forget slow as molasses. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Buffaloflash changed the title to Defense Playing Undermanned Due To Performance Issues.

Even on a night where mostly everyone on the billslooked awful, it still stuck out to me how bad Hamlin is. He is without the doubt the worst starting safety in NFL. I refuse to believe that today  bishop, Edwards, Cline are all not at least one level above. I’m happy he is alive, I’m not happy he’s a starting safety on this team. Congrats on his first interception last week that only happened because Lawrence missed a wide open target and there was Hamlin. He takes awful angles, unbelievably slow and can’t cover. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFooteball said:

Even on a night where mostly everyone on the billslooked awful, it still stuck out to me how bad Hamlin is. He is without the doubt the worst starting safety in NFL. I refuse to believe that today  bishop, Edwards, Cline are all not at least one level above. I’m happy he is alive, I’m not happy he’s a starting safety on this team. Congrats on his first interception last week that only happened because Lawrence missed a wide open target and there was Hamlin. He takes awful angles, unbelievably slow and can’t cover. 

While I don’t totally disagree, Hamlin also has the mic which means he’s calling the defense for the secondary. I assume it’s because McD doesn’t trust another safety to do it/other guys are struggling to do it. 

Athleticism aside I think this team is missing the football IQ on the defensive side to have somebody reliable lining them up. We have two backups QB’ing the defense.

I think this is the biggest reason to bring Hyde back in sooner rather than later. (If willing)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

While I don’t totally disagree, Hamlin also has the mic which means he’s calling the defense for the secondary. I assume it’s because McD doesn’t trust another safety to do it/other guys are struggling to do it. 

Athleticism aside I think this team is missing the football IQ on the defensive side to have somebody reliable lining them up. We have two backups QB’ing the defense.

I think this is the biggest reason to bring Hyde back in sooner rather than later. (If willing)

Might be time to dust off kareem jackson as well if rapps going to miss time.  

Hamlin looks painfully slow.  He looked like he was running in sand after his INT and it was almost comical watching a 250 lb RB pull away from him in the open field.  If hes not decisive and instinctual then he simply does not have the athleticism to do his job.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 8BallSippin said:

Did Von Miller play yesterday?  I saw him suited up and his jersey was prestine... 

He played 9 snaps. The defense couldn't get them in many obvious passing situations for him to get out there 

2 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

Cam Lewis can not tackle to save his life. He must have a record, for the most missed tackles in the entire league

He had a couple bad missed tackles for sure.  Overall though, he’s been average.  There’s a reason why Cam is a backup and not a starting NCB.  Fortunately Johnson will be back soon

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

Very late in the game, I saw Hamlin’s jersey was perfectly white.  The guy was tentative and nearly invisible. 

He's been like that all season.  Nothing against the guy, but he's not a starter.  He's a backup who is starting.  I hope this changes soon.

• Like (+1) 1