Baltimore did what they do please take a moment and understand this

MikePJ76

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They played terribly but all teams, even the greats, get blown out.  We are the best at not getting blown out and last night we got punched in the face over and over with no answers.  

Ravens attack the middle and we were weak there.  Our middle of the defense was on the sidelines.

Agreed. 

But that is much different than “this is what Baltimore does”. No, we got our ass beat. For the reasons you listed above. 

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is where I am.  “Bring on the Texans”. 

Does this team bounce back from the worst loss they’ve had in years?

Did we find an answer in Keon Coleman to be a guy we can lean on if teams take away Shakir and we stay confused as to how to use Kincaid and Samuel?

Is Damar Hamlin still starting when he has proven to be a below average starter and was utterly dominated by the Ravens - easily being the worst player we had on the field last night.  We can’t just make guys healthy at LB/Slot, but we can make changes at Safety. 

Damar is not good and has the starting job because Mike Edward is worse.  Maybe if Lewis Cine can actually play he can make a difference.

Sometimes you just gotta take your medicine. It happens. They got their asses handed to them in every phase of the game last night. Coaches and players alike had no answers. Derrick Henry continues to be McDermott's daddy... oh, and Bass shouldn't get any more chances.

I wonder if we got an answer to the question of if we had beaten KC and went to BMore last year, would the Bills have won that game as well? I don’t think we would’ve taken down Baltimore AND San Francisco for the Lombardi. We don’t have the “ice in his veins” kicker, or the guy on defense to come through in the clutch for us like KC does. 

Edited by Brand J

A lot went right for the Ravens and a lot went wrong for the Bills. 

I mean Coleman dropped a perfect pass at the end of the 2nd. Poasibly 7 there and then Brady's terrible play call. It felt like up until that late call the Bills were cruising and the Ravens were in their own heads. Completely flipped after that.

Meh, we weren't going undefeated, and it was a tall task to go into Baltimore against a 1-2 team, that started slow and had their back against the wall.

Hate to say it, but that Brady trick play will be the one we look back on that killed our chances of playing at home in the postseason.  Worst decision I have seen in a very long time in professional football.  Superstar Joh Allen driving, life in the offense, and you dial that up.  There are no words.

Edited by 8BallSippin

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is where I am.  “Bring on the Texans”. 

Does this team bounce back from the worst loss they’ve had in years?

Did we find an answer in Keon Coleman to be a guy we can lean on if teams take away Shakir and we stay confused as to how to use Kincaid and Samuel?

Is Damar Hamlin still starting when he has proven to be a below average starter and was utterly dominated by the Ravens - easily being the worst player we had on the field last night.  We can’t just make guys healthy at LB/Slot, but we can make changes at Safety. 

How could you tell who was the worst player last night ?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, transient said:

Sometimes you just gotta take your medicine. It happens. They got their asses handed to them in every phase of the game last night. Coaches and players alike had no answers. Derrick Henry continues to be McDermott's daddy... oh, and Bass shouldn't get any more chances.

why was Bass playing at all.  How many chances does he get?  How many does McD get having teams unprepared for big games?  This looked like the Bengals playoff game again.  

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Listen People when the Ravens are at home and they are on their game they blow people out this is what they do.  Just look at last year, without Derrick Henry mind you...Check out the blowouts they handed out last year. 

So if you want to get crazy and say the Bills are soft and not physical enough well, Is Detroit physical?  How about Cleveland?  San Francisco...the answer is yes.  If you want to attack their Wide Receivers and the offensive coordinator well, Does Detroit, Seattle, Miami or SF have good WR?  This website has told me everyday for two years now that those teams have great wr....and OC's yea Houston, Detroit, SF, Miami and Cleveland have pretty good ones.

Credit the Ravens, Hope we are healthy next week and move on.  Baltimore did what they do at home in the regular season.  Find some great music and enjoy the Mets-Braves doubleheader.....

I have Jackson Browne's Running On Empty at the moment go find yours!

Week 1 - Baltimore 25 Houston 9

Week 4 -Baltimore 28 - Cleveland 3

Week 7 - Baltimore 38 - Detroit 6

Week 9 - Baltimore 37 - Seattle 3

Week 16 - Baltimore 33 - San Francisco 19

Week 17 - Baltimore 56 - Miami 19

Divisional Round - Baltimore 34 - Houston 10

I get what you’re saying here but I want to know something. I’m a pretty avid fan of this game, the Bills had a week to prepare for this game knowing full well it will be run heavy. If I am just every fan knows the Ravens will run heavy how in the world on the first play are our safeties back deep? They have been beat by getting thrown on with deep and intermediate throws yet we try bubble screens and some wacky ass trick play. This happens far too often with teams that are of the Bills talent level. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I get what you’re saying here but I want to know something. I’m a pretty avid fan of this game, the Bills had a week to prepare for this game knowing full well it will be run heavy. If I am just every fan knows the Ravens will run heavy how in the world on the first play are our safeties back deep? They have been beat by getting thrown on with deep and intermediate throws yet we try bubble screens and some wacky ass trick play. This happens far too often with teams that are of the Bills talent level. 

The Bills are a nickel based zone team.  They pretty much always play their safeties deep.  Its the defense they have been running for 8 years.

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why was Bass playing at all.  How many chances does he get?  How many does McD get having teams unprepared for big games?  This looked like the Bengals playoff game again.  

You didn't want their kicker to be in the game at all yesterday?

So before the game you wanted the team to make him inactive and go for it on every 4th down and go for two on every touchdown?

I expected them to have some success running the ball, I did not expect Henry to get 150 yards before contact.......their OL is new this year and they were struggling and hurt...I expected more from out DL.   I get the data from last year but those teams are not the Bills caliber.  Having said that I am good, not going to over react, just move on, the only thing that really matters is playoff success at this point, lose by 1 or 40 in week four...who cares.

The sad part is the Ravens could have definitely scored more points throughout that game......the only bright spot is they didn't completely and utterly shellac us. This game could have been so much more worse for us.

17 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I expected them to have some success running the ball, I did not expect Henry to get 150 yards before contact.......their OL is new this year and they were struggling and hurt...I expected more from out DL.   I get the data from last year but those teams are not the Bills caliber.  Having said that I am good, not going to over react, just move on, the only thing that really matters is playoff success at this point, lose by 1 or 40 in week four...who cares.

Really was alarming how our DL was getting manhandled. Getting pushed back 3-4 yards right at the snap. Haven’t seen that in awhile. We were physically outmatched by an OL that had been having issues coming into the game.

I totally get the point of when the Ravens get rolling.  I made that point in another thread.  But the thing most alarming to me was how our Oline got dominated.  I thought we had the best Oline in the NFL and they were bully-proof,.  but they got bullied.   The other big concern was the secondary WRs beyond Shakir.  Just not getting separation for Josh whatsoever.

The Bills knew Baltimore would smack them in the mouth and we should have been better prepared for that. Not only was the trick play a bad call at bad timing, Connor McGovern getting held out bc the spotter saw something really chapped my a** too. I'm 100% for player safety, but that happening during that drive was just confusing and lacked real-time communication. And everyone was standing around with their hands up looking for someone to explain what was going on. I think those types of things added up, team couldn't get refocused, I think we're a tougher team than what we showed last night. I really thought it would be one of those ground and pound games, but I think we got ahead of ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan585 said:

They laid out the blueprint on how to destroy the check down offense Brady runs. He’s been exposed.  

Same with D. Other teams will use this against us. It’s going to be a long season. 

The Ravens have an excellent D, particularly the back seven. Most teams don't have a D that can replicate what the Ravens did.  It is worriesome that the best teams (read playoff teams) do have such Ds.