The Bills lost to the Ravens because of you... (superstition/karma reasons)

Just Jack

5 hours ago, US Egg said:

Put out a negative vibe thinking the Allen is better than Mahomes mob that erupted in here last week were half cocked.

It’s almost like they should’ve waited until something substantial was accomplished before chest-beating.

I have an old lucky shirt that I’ve been trying to replace for years, but EVERY time I try to start a new thing, Bam, Bills do something stupid or have a bad game. 

Last year, my busty/sexy wife offered to wear it instead, without a bra. An obvious upgrade for the shirt, and it seemed to work, with very few exceptions. 

Last night, before the game, she got upset while wearing the shirt. Ended up wiping her tears with the shirt. 

Instantly I thought “Fuuuuuuudge”

I tried to pretend I didn’t know what happened but deep inside I knew. 

The Henry TD cemented it, so I sat there and accepted my fate. 

Sorry Mafia 😞

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShakAttack said:

The only drive I wasn’t watching last night was the Bills TD drive… and the ensuing 3-and-out with Spector’s sack of Lamar Jackson. 

Everything before that, and after that, was terrible. 

I think I win (it’s my fault).

Next time watch it all haha 🤣 

Here wore my Saint Bonaventure shirt instead Bills shirt. Changed it half time 😔. I'll do better next time all 👍 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I have an old lucky shirt that I’ve been trying to replace for years, but EVERY time I try to start a new thing, Bam, Bills do something stupid or have a bad game. 

Last year, my busty/sexy wife offered to wear it instead, without a bra. An obvious upgrade for the shirt, and it seemed to work, with very few exceptions. 

Last night, before the game, she got upset while wearing the shirt. Ended up wiping her tears with the shirt. 

Instantly I thought “Fuuuuuuudge”

I tried to pretend I didn’t know what happened but deep inside I knew. 

The Henry TD cemented it, so I sat there and accepted my fate. 

Sorry Mafia 😞

What did you do before the game that made her cry?

....or should I say didn't do? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

What did you do before the game that made her cry?

....or should I say didn't do? 

lol I was a bystander witnessing a train wreck.

It was all back rubbing and pretending that I didn’t mind that she was drying her tears with the lucky shirt through clenched teeth. 

I failed the Team. 😔

The shirt has been washed…I hope it’s enough. I’ll let you know next week 🤞

This game was honestly my fault.  I broke complete normal tradition of where I watch and who I watch it with because my brother-in-law said he wanted to hang out and watch a game.  So and his wife (my wife's sister) invited us over to hang out and watch the game.  They cooked.  It was more of a social event.

And even going in to watch this with them, I resigned myself to a loss since I was doing something completely different.  I just kept telling myself that 3-1 is still good...

but how come I feel so depressed today  :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

The first 3 games, I had my wings and Labatt Blue Light (in the Zubaz cans!) ready just in time for kickoff. Last night my air fryer crapped out, so I did not have them ready until after the second touchdown. They did not seem to taste as good as the previous 3 weeks. I guess my guilt affected my taste buds. So, is it my fault or the air fryers?

• Like (+1) 1

For reasons I won't bore you with I was holed up at a vrbo rental this weekend with not much to do but a rooting interest in a football game each day. Friday night was a great game that didn't end well, Saturday afternoon was an OK game that didn't end well and we all know what happened on Sunday night. 

The real proof of the curse of the vrbo rental came on Monday when we left it for a hotel tonight and the Mets beat the Braves in Atlanta to make the playoffs. Afaik, that's unprecedented.

That vrbo was a house of horrors for me sports-wise and I apologize to everyone that I've wronged.

• Like (+1) 1

I overplayed my hand. Week 1 - Kyle Williams jersey and faded red Bills hat which is my old standby. Week 2, got caught up pregame and started watching in sweats and a t-shirt and they annihilated the Dolphins. 🤔 Week 3, gotta go with the hot hand… sweats and a t-shirt. Last night… wasn’t sure. Kyle and the hat haven’t been washed in forever (don’t judge), whereas I didn’t know if the sweats and t-shirt were… but they were the hot hand, right? After the Henry run it was clear the sweats and t-shirt were washed 😠 and it was too late. 

Because I knew they would lose this one. My gut feeling is my silly superstition. But my brain tells my guts the secrets. And my brain told me that the Ravens simply could not lose that game. That, to my brain, was the overriding factor of prediction. 

On 9/30/2024 at 7:33 AM, Just Jack said:

How did your actions yesterday help the Bills lose?  Something you ate?  Did you change your shirt at halftime?  Kick that annoying friend/relative out of the house? Start planning your trip to the Super Bowl?  I’ll start…

I used one of my Bills drink coasters in the afternoon.  Normally these just sit on the TV cabinet, but I had a drink with condensation on the outside of the cup and did not want to clean up a water ring on the end table.  I'm sorry.  I'll put it right back today, and never use them again till the season is over.  

I made a comment in one of the pre-game threads, that it was great to no longer feel like we are being out-coached, on either side of the ball.  I put that out there in the universe, and we paid the price.  For this, I am sorry...

p.s. As an added bonus, I changed up my pre-game routine, since we had a later game, instead of sticking with what worked the previous 3 games.  I am am not gonna make that mistake again.  

I wore my Pancho Power shirt which I was 0-5 in.  Took it off at halftime.  And…they started playing better until Joe Brady did his thing with that trick play.  

I will never wear that shirt on gameday again.