The Bills lost to the Ravens because of you... (superstition/karma reasons)

Just Jack

Definitely feel like you can hang this loss on my shoulders.  I got messy yesterday.

1.  I did fall cleaning in my Bills man cave.  Moved items all over the place

2.  My 4 foot tall standing Bills gnome fell down at kickoff and I decided to stay locked into my recliner rather than get up, and stand him back up

3.  My television feed was running exactly 2 minutes behind the live feed as I forgot to click “join live” so my phone was going off about how insane Derrick Henry was on that initial drive while the bills were still punting.

I can’t make these mistakes moving forward.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Look, it’s my fault 💯 

I started the game off still wearing my Niners hat that I wore to support my wife’s team in the afternoon game while her friends and parents were here to watch game.  I cooked up a storm for them as this was my wife’s last chance to prob hang with friends to watch a game for a few months as she is due to give birth here in next  week or two to our 2nd boy.  
I was just planning to relax and enjoy leftovers during the Bills game and was so tired I forgot I still had a Niners hat on rather than the new Bills hat I had wore weeks 1-3.  In fact it was my wife who noticed it right after Henry’s TD run and ordered me to change it.  She’s the best.

My bad.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Look, it’s my fault 💯 

I started the game off still wearing my Niners hat that I wore to support my wife’s team in the afternoon game while her friends and parents were here to watch game.  I cooked up a storm for them as this was my wife’s last chance to prob hang with friends to watch a game for a few months as she is due to give birth here in next  week or two to our 2nd boy.  

If she gives birth on game day and the Bills lose because you are there, it's on you again.  I recommend checking with friends and family who is willing to stand in for you so you can watch the game.  After all, it's your second, so it's not like a momentous occasion as it would be with your first.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I stupidly changed my routine which had been to wear my 17 jersey and eat wings during the game.  We were undefeated this season with that simple combo.  

I was worried about the Ravens so to add some extra juju, yesterday I also wore my Bills socks, Billz zubaz sweatpants, and my "Just One Before I Die" sweatshirt despite  the warm temps here.  

There was something wrong in the magical alchemy of that combination.  Or maybe the Gridiron Gods were displeased that I  overcompensated for my lack of confidence. 

Next week: Josh Allen Jersey and Buffalo Wings.  Nothing more.  As McDermott says during every halftime interview: it's about the execution of the fundamentals.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I changed my pregame ritual of getting wings by going to a different bar that has better wings than my usual watering hole.

Wonder how many posters will remember what the Haslett stomp was LOL... I am sure a lot... but man I remember that game it seems so long ago LOL :) 

This one is on me. Went back to Rochester for the first time in a long time. Had Bill Gray’s, ate a garbage plate, went to the House of Guitars. Bought a Bills pullover, shirt, hat, and a blanket at Marshall’s for what it costs for one t-shirt off Fanatics.

Made it back home in time to put on my previously undefeated Ball Out Boy shirt. 

YOUTH_32ec69f8-ad05-40ea-a2df-582ff8a0d8

It’s been washed.

• Like (+1) 1