Paris Hilton...

Spun

I'm a big South Park fan especially when they make fun of celeberties like Matt Stone and Trey Parker did in Team America World Police. Where I live the show is not as popular as it once was. I'm just curious is it as popular as it once was in other places or more of a cult-like following?

I'm a big South Park fan especially when they make fun of celeberties like Matt Stone and Trey Parker did in Team America World Police. Where I live the show is not as popular as it once was. I'm just curious is it as popular as it once was in other places or more of a cult-like following?

363558[/snapback]

its not as popular as it used to be. i think its a mix of the novelty has worn out after a couple seasons, and the last couple seasons haven't been as good as the first couple

i used to watch South Park every week. now i'll catch it if i remember to or if i surf into Comedy Central

It may not be as popular with the hotpocket crowd, who ride the fad wave then get bored, but for those that love it for it's biting social commentary and it's ability to bust balls, this past season has been one of the great ones.

363594[/snapback]

Agreed. especially the ones about little league baseball, Terri Schavo, and the sex change. I was rolling on the floor about them. Lately, Parker and stone have turned up the intensity on modern issues, and crossed lines that no one dares to come close to.

It may not be as popular with the hotpocket crowd, who ride the fad wave then get bored, but for those that love it for it's biting social commentary and it's ability to bust balls, this past season has been one of the great ones.

363594[/snapback]

Does anybody else see the irony of every other poster calling others "hot pockets" now...?

363594[/snapback]

Yes I agree. Show has changed over the years but certainly hasnt declined. I love it. One of the few shows on TV that I make a point of watching.

I finally put my Tivo to good use and started getting caught up with South Park. When I saw the "Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche" episode, I realized that maybe one of the reasons people don't stay atop this show is because it makes fun of most people in this country and how they boil everything down to what can be gleaned in the time it takes to cook a Hot Pocket.

"What's the sense of voting if my only choices are a Turd Sandwich and a Giant Douche?"

I finally put my Tivo to good use and started getting caught up with South Park. When I saw the "Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche" episode, I realized that maybe one of the reasons people don't stay atop this show is because it makes fun of most people in this country and how they boil everything down to what can be gleaned in the time it takes to cook a Hot Pocket.

"What's the sense of voting if my only choices are a Turd Sandwich and a Giant Douche?"

363748[/snapback]

:w00t: that was one of their better ones lately

and it takes 11 times longer to watch a South Park episode (22 minutes) than it does to cook a HotPocket®

DING!