For Those Struggling With the Loss...

ToGoGo

25 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

During the SB years, the Bills would do this once or twice a year and just get destroyed. 
Learn from it and move on. 

One of our SN\B years we lost to Tampa something like 9-6. And that's when Tampa sucked all the time.

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yep! Problem is the script is out. Our defense is too small to man up against smash mouth football. 

That’s been the script for years though.  That’s why we never matched up well with the Titans when they were good, and why the Colts spanked us a couple years ago too.

• Agree 1

This isn’t the Tour De France where we start off next week down 25 but it’s the way they lost that has people a little angry. 
  Couldn’t stop a cold on the ground…couldn’t protect the QB, key drops by receivers and not getting any separation. 
Tyler missed a kick. 
  Basically a repeat of the things people have been yelling about the last two years. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.  So he just acts like a teen then.

Didn’t somebody wish him a 50th birthday years ago? 50+ year old man that talks like a zoomer with edgelord takes. Yikes.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Quoting Marv Levy after he got outclassed by Parcells will not assuage those of us that think our HC gets outclassed every year.

“Man up and grow a pair you big babies. We’re 3-14”. 

McDermott after hearing he can use a 1st overall pick on a DB. 

Any team that has Damar Hamlin as starting safety is not going anywhere in the long run.  It's just a sign of a talent depleted back end of the defense.  It's glaring and the Ravens show you what a talented, physical, sticky coverage defense looks like.

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

During the SB years, the Bills would do this once or twice a year and just get destroyed. 
Learn from it and move on. 

You are spot on, per usual, Firebaugh Kid! During the 91 season, the Bills were 5-0 going into Arrowhead on a Monday night and lost 33-6. Thurman tells the story, that on the plane back to Buffalo it was silent. Then all of a sudden someone broke the silence by chanting and doing the Chiefs tomahawk chop which they had heard ad nauseum that night as they got pummeled. As Thurman recants this tale, gents, the plane erupted with laughter and they went home and thumped the Colts 42-6 the following week. Later that season, they beat the same Chiefs team 37-14 in the divisional round en route to getting back to the Super Bowl. Sometimes teams, no matter how great they are, just aren't ready to play on a given night. It happened to us last night. I think we will find that we are still contenders as the season goes on. 

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

I’d actually rather lose like last night at this point in the season than in a nail biter. Much easier to get guys attention after that debacle. Going forward Bishop needs to replace Hamlin, Edwards when ready needs to replace Rapp. Need to get Bernard and Johnson back. Hopefully Milano later on. The D line has to be better. Same with O line. That’s the concerning part. They’re relatively healthy. More Samuels and less Hollins. It’s a playoff team but think that’s the limit. Next year seems to be the target. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is true. But name me another team in the AFC that can play that brand of football?

Jets don't have the Oline

Colts don't have the QB

Chargers don't have the RB

Quoting Marv Levy after he got outclassed by Parcells will not assuage those of us that think our HC gets outclassed every year.

You’re right I can’t- sadly 😢

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I hear ya but we should be OK. The AFC East is extremely weak and this alone shoud guarantee us many wins. Tua is out, NE is a dumpster fire. The Jets have a good defense. That said, Rodgers made some good throws but on some plays he looked his age, and he took a couple of brutal hits. Their coach will be lucky to finish out the season.

I expect the Bills to coast to a division championship and we will see what happens from there.

Yep have thought the same! I watched the Jets yesterday and I can’t see Rodgers lasting more than 3 more games - his age and injuries have caught up to him.

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Lol 

We'll see how you're feeling at 3-2 next week 

They lost to a motivated team in their house in a must win situation. A team many thought were better than their record and what they've shown thus far. And you know they had a chip hearing they weren't considered a top team to this point. Texans and the NYJ are not that team. Jax took Texans to the wire and should have won. Jets scored 9 points against Denver and Bo Nix. 

I'm not deflated by the loss. Nobody expected 17-0 and everyone would've taken 3-1 at this point.

I'm just upset by the way they played, the coaching decisions made and what appeared to be a lack of preparation and missed opportunities. Losing is never good but acceptable if the effort was there.

It wasnt.

I’m not even struggling with the loss. 

If we got blown out with no answer, I probably would be .. but out of half, we looked poise to get right back in the game.

What I’m struggling with is the Brady playcall that lost us the game, mid 3Q, only down 11 and driving.. getting positive yardage every play.  

Im not sure one playcall has ever made me so annoyed in my life .. and it’s still not sitting right with me today.