It's still coaching

Herb

On 10/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He has to because in eight years McDermott has never taken responsibility. He loves the "It starts with me line", but then the special teams coordinator is gone, Leslie is fired and then Dorsey. Hmmmm...

What is Mcdermott gonna do? resign? He is also responsible for making a change when his hires dont work out. Seems like he's willing to do that

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What is Mcdermott gonna do? resign? He is also responsible for making a change when his hires dont work out. Seems like he's willing to do that

As I’ve stated many times, in many threads, McD has taken this team as far as he’s able to.

great coach, just not good enough to get over the hump.

always seems at a loss, deer in the headlights when the Bills are getting whooped!

no answers, or if he does have them, too little, too late.

a great coach to change the culture of a team, but after he’s accomplished that, bring someone else in to finish the job.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Savage said:

As I’ve stated many times, in many threads, McD has taken this team as far as he’s able to.

always seems at a loss, deer in the headlights when the Bills are getting whooped!

a great coach to change the culture of a team, but after he’s accomplished that, bring someone else in to finish the job.

Even if the worst-case scenario happens and they miss the playoffs.  I still think both McDermott and Beane are safe for 2025. They have done a lot of winning with division titles and playoff appearances that Terry would give them 2025 to fix it. IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

McDermott isnt going anywhere.  I don't think Terry Cares about a superbowl, the Team is good, we have the best damn QB and he is selling Luxury boxes.  I still feel if Kim would have been 100% all this time, Sean would have been canned, the Bills were HER baby, not his.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I always like to ask this question: how many more wins would ANY coach have other than Andy Reid? McD has a higher win percentage than ever other coach during his time frame here than any other coach in any sport other than Reid. To argue he is a bad coach means that the only good coach in all of sports is Reid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

McDermott isnt going anywhere.  I don't think Terry Cares about a superbowl, the Team is good, we have the best damn QB and he is selling Luxury boxes.  I still feel if Kim would have been 100% all this time, Sean would have been canned, the Bills were HER baby, not his.

Terry has fired his share of coaches with the Sabres so he will do it. Granted the Sabres have been a **** show for a long time now. If the Bills start to decline, then I could see him cleaning house with a new GM/HC. It's not happening until 2026 the earliest, but it could happen.

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

I always like to ask this question: how many more wins would ANY coach have other than Andy Reid? McD has a higher win percentage than ever other coach during his time frame here than any other coach in any sport other than Reid. To argue he is a bad coach means that the only good coach in all of sports is Reid. 

I think Bill would have gotten the Bills to a Super Bowl and probably won one with Allen as his QB. His defenses would have performed better in the playoffs. With the exception of the Ravens game where they had a 100-yard INT for a pick 6 has Sean's defense ever played well in a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Even if the worst-case scenario happens and they miss the playoffs.  I still think both McDermott and Beane are safe for 2025. They have done a lot of winning with division titles and playoff appearances that Terry would give them 2025 to fix it. IMHO.

Agreed 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Savage said:

The Bills don't get whooped. Like ever. Sunday was the first time this team had lost by more than a TD since 2021. I have plenty of reservations about McDermott, but hes a damn good coach.

Also, who is the mystery coach that is going to take the team to the next level? Everyone acts like there is some mystery chiefs slayer coach that no one else has hired that the league is just waiting to give to Josh Allen 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The Bills don't get whooped. Like ever. Sunday was the first time this team had lost by more than a TD since 2021. I have plenty of reservations about McDermott, but hes a damn good coach.

Also, who is the mystery coach that is going to take the team to the next level? Everyone acts like there is some mystery chiefs slayer coach that no one else has hired that the league is just waiting to give to Josh Allen 

No mystery coach. If Terry decided to move on from McDermott, then the choice is obvious. IMHO

th?id=OIP.78XnZAUG-2P5eSAf9iHIDQHaE7&w=2

Hate him all you want. When he had an elite level QB he went to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. Also defeated the Chiefs in the playoffs at Arrowhead. Allen is a lot closer to Brady then he is Jones. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No mystery coach. If Terry decided to move on from McDermott, then the choice is obvious. IMHO

th?id=OIP.78XnZAUG-2P5eSAf9iHIDQHaE7&w=2

Hate him all you want. When he had an elite level QB he went to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. Also defeated the Chiefs in the playoffs at Arrowhead. Allen is a lot closer to Brady then he is Jones. 

Ah yes, I knew this was coming. Lets ignore the fact the he also assembled a receiving core that makes Mack Hollins look like Jerry Rice. Or the fact the team was so bad his last few he got fired for his former LB to come in and continue to suck. Or that the Falcons choose Raheem Morris over BB

He also beat the chiefs in Arrowhead in 2018, which is a lifetime in the NFL. BB time has come and gone. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ah yes, I knew this was coming. Lets ignore the fact the he also assembled a receiving core that makes Mack Hollins look like Jerry Rice. Or the fact the team was so bad his last few he got fired for his former LB to come in and continue to suck. Or that the Falcons choose Raheem Morris over BB

He also beat the chiefs in Arrowhead in 2018, which is a lifetime in the NFL. BB time has come and gone. 

Doesn’t matter how bad they are, nobody is making Mack Hollins look like Jerry Rice.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

????

We basically HAVE a Pats level receiving core. In fact, lots of folks POINTED at the Pats about a team that won multiple SB's with unremarkable receiving talent.

Mack and MVS is the kind of JAG that BB would feel right at home coaching. There's no great WR group to destroy.

Also, BB can still coach defense and its inarguable. 2018 was a long time ago, but last year, with a horrific QB and horrific offense, his defense was 3rd in yards per drive and 5th in points per drive. They have been great defensively even til the end.

Since 2021, the Pats' defense have been 6th, 5th, and 9th in DVOA.

As far as the Falcons go, Morris is already actively losing games, and they have spent multiple top 10 picks on guys they cannot even begin to understand how to use. If the Falcons picked Morris over BB, it's a pretty safe bet they picked wrong

Personally, I think BB is never coming back. But wrinkling your nose at the greatest defensive coach of all time?  Please.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

????

We basically HAVE a Pats level receiving core. In fact, lots of folks POINTED at the Pats about a team that won multiple SB's with unremarkable receiving talent.

Mack and MVS is the kind of JAG that BB would feel right at home coaching. There's no great WR group to destroy.

Also, BB can still coach defense and its inarguable. 2018 was a long time ago, but last year, with a horrific QB and horrific offense, his defense was 3rd in yards per drive and 5th in points per drive. They have been great defensively even til the end.

Since 2021, the Pats' defense have been 6th, 5th, and 9th in DVOA.

As far as the Falcons go, Morris is already actively losing games, and they have spent multiple top 10 picks on guys they cannot even begin to understand how to use. If the Falcons picked Morris over BB, it's a pretty safe bet they picked wrong

Personally, I think BB is never coming back. But wrinkling your nose at the greatest defensive coach of all time?  Please.

Add in the Gronk and Hernandez days. We have two solid TEs and have no clue how to use both at the same time

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If his concerns are age related I could potentially see some nose-wrinkling; cuz Belichick is probably starting to smell a little "off" by this point in life.

He's no Dick LeBeau.....

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope in 20 years there isn’t a 30 for 30 about Josh Allen being the best QB of all time to never win a Championship. 

I have a feeling 90% of that show would be focused on the GM and the HC leaving him high and dry. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am 99.6% sure it would never happen, but in my opinion if we had Bellichick as a coach (not a GM!!) in the last 4 years or going forward, we would win a super bowl.  He is much better on defense. He would kick all the proper backsides. The 2nd biggest challenge behind getting him to agree to not be the GM would be getting him to at least consider hiring better assistants.  

Obviously Reid and Spags are proven winners too.  But this is all just idle amusing talk, McDermott isn't going anywhere for at least 2, and maybe many years.  Especially with the new stadium.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Hes Dak Prescott of head coaches . Dak has a good regular season winning %. But we kno he isn’t gonna win anything that matters 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You don’t hire BB because off his Offensive acumen…. Duh!!! 
You do hire him because he’s forgotten more about different defensive schemes than McClappy and his magical playoff folding defense could even imagine.😘