It's still coaching

Herb

25 minutes ago, beer can shower said:

Oh can't forget the many players brought here from CAROLINA by McDermott.....
The fixation with CAROLINA is why they are where they are now after 7 years.

So you are blaming our woes on the "many" ex-Carolina players we have?

Are you aware that, of the initial 53 this season, only THREE - Douglas (1 Year - 2020), Jones (1 Year - 2021) and Samuel (3 years - 2017-2020) - had ever played for the Panthers before? And of those three, only Jones came directly from Carolina to the Bills.

Yes, I know there have been others over the years but we are living in the here and now.

So, can we just drop this false narrative, once and for all?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beast said:

The answer is to just score. It doesn’t matter whether it’s with a huddle or without one. Would a hurry up offense have stopped the Ravens from having their way with the Bills o-line? Doubtful and it may have even got worse.

This is a simple concept that IMO the Bills have completely disregarded in favor of playing complimentary football (balanced O & D).  If the goal was to just outscore your opponent then the Bills would have needed to do what Miami has done and directed the lions share of their resources to the offense.  Of course Miami has not been as successful with their approach as the Bills have been with theirs.  The intriguing question is IF the Dolphins had Allen would their approach have worked better?  I think the answer is yes.

• Agree 2

I guess if you think about it - we can see this as a potential playoff match up (if we even make it) and most of us are having flashbacks of the last 5 and outs and see that nothing really has changed, has it? The Bills are still relying on Clark Kent to put on his cape, and score primary on scramble drills. Still run a cover 3 defense 70% of time which they no longer have the personnel to play. They trotted out that nickel again from play 1 against 250 pounds of HOF muscle in Henry and got destroyed and it wasn't until after we spotted them 14 that they finally added a real LB into the mix -
They have neutered Allen, any ham and egger can throw the wheel routs but think about it, when is the last time he's thrown deep to the post or to the flag? They were stacking 10 men in the box all night long and that offense stayed the move the chains Ryan Tannehill course, teams are simply not afraid of the deep ball anymore and they don;t need to play honest. 

21 minutes ago, ren1701 said:

Seriously?? 

Let me Google that for you - 

Bill Belichick, the NFL head coach:

Career wins: Belichick is third all-time in career wins with 302. 

Super Bowls: Belichick has won six Super Bowls, which is a record. 

Conference titles: Belichick has won nine conference titles, which is a record. 

Coaching tree: 17 of Belichick's assistant coaches have become head coaches in the NFL and college. 

Defensive coordinator: Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants when they won Super Bowls in 1987 and 1991... where he beat Marv Levy

You can feel the way you feel but it doesn't support the numbers, sorry. All that garbage of AFC titles and best arm strength or whatever you think matters doesn't. It's all about the Lombardi. McD is Andy when he was in Philly, hit a ceiling and it's time to move on.

You can do all kinds of things with numbers. 

https://en.as.com/nfl/what-was-bill-belichicks-record-with-new-england-patriots-without-tom-brady-n/

“However, his success deteriorated significantly once Brady left the Patriots for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In the four seasons that followed Brady’s departure, Belichick’s Patriots made the playoffs only once. With Brady as his starting quarterback, Belichick’s record with the Patriots was 219-64 (.774). Without him during that same span, his record with the Patriots was 47-57 (.452). After Brady left for the Bucs, Belichick’s Patriots went 29-38 (.433) with just the one postseason appearance and no AFC East titles in four years.”

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

4 AFC Championships?  I'm confused, we haven't gotten past the divisional round the last two years.  Yeah, with the talent this staff has, the results are unnacceptable.  Injuries are a tired excuse, like KC an SF and Balt don't have those, wait, they do.  The WR room is "too new", that's surprising, since Kincaid and Knox are both returning players, Samuel is a vet, and they had all preseason and the first 3 games to get it figured out.  But let the excuse train continue unabated until Allen retires without a Lombardi.

AFC East Championship EXCUSE ME !!! 

Knox & Kincaid returning yep you right second year player with a new coordinator & his entire scheme & by the look of last night Braday has all but forgotten about Knox, Samuel although a vet is learning a entirely new offense, and chemistry is not something that is developed in a couple of games . 

And in the pre season do you mean 3 games that Josh had exactly ONE series in yep now that a lot of time to build in game chemistry .

So please tell me who di you pick that could walk into McD's spot and have the instant gratification that you so desire ? I mean the minute that they enter the building everything points to a Lombardi that we all want .

The coach in Jacksonville a SB winning coach is doing a great job in his second year, Um I see Denver going to a SB with their SB winning coach this year don't you ?

There's only 1 coach that MAYBE just might be able to walk in the door and give you what you want immediately but he's not quitting his job in KC & i don't se Shanahan leaving SF any time soon .

Oh wait there is Pete Carol & Bellichek, 🤔 

Edited by T master

12 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

So you are blaming our woes on the "many" ex-Carolina players we have?

Are you aware that, of the initial 53 this season, only THREE - Douglas (1 Year - 2020), Jones (1 Year - 2021) and Samuel (3 years - 2017-2020) - had ever played for the Panthers before? And of those three, only Jones came directly from Carolina to the Bills.

Yes, I know there have been others over the years but we are living in the here and now.

So, can we just drop this false narrative, once and for all?

I don't think you read  my post entirely.  The CAROLINA players were mentioned because present day Management brought them here.

I did  not refer to the present roster. You  must have read that wrong.

Are you aware that the PRESENT GM...Head Coach...Defensive Coordinator....Offensive Coordinator are With the CAROLINA connection?

The choices made for building this team over the 7 years has leaned on a CAROLINA connection.

And yes, to this very day.

So I don't see a false narrative in my post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, beer can shower said:

I don't think you read  my post entirely.  The CAROLINA players were mentioned because present day Management brought them here.

I did  not refer to the present roster. You  must have read that wrong.

Are you aware that the PRESENT GM...Head Coach...Defensive Coordinator....Offensive Coordinator are With the CAROLINA connection?

The choices made for building this team over the 7 years has leaned on a CAROLINA connection.

And yes, to this very day.

So I don't see a false narrative in my post.

HC Andy Reid - Eagles

DC Steve Spagnuolo - Eagles

OC Matt Nagy - Eagles

GM Brett Veach - Eagles

"bUt sUpErBoWlS"

so, one potential sliver lining from a coaching POV, is how much room to improve with little things the O is.  w all the blitzing and such, you'd think a screen to super fast cook here and there would get something done.  at some point the bills have to just line up in a one read and go scheme and throw an rb screen out of a formation they can also do their slower to develop stuff out of.

the constant josh has to dodge a guy, roll around find someone is great sometimes, but there has to be some plays that are rock paper scissors vs what the d is doing, and i think the one saving grace is that there should be some low hanging fruit there.

1 hour ago, ren1701 said:

Seriously?? 

Let me Google that for you - 

Bill Belichick, the NFL head coach:

Career wins: Belichick is third all-time in career wins with 302. 

Super Bowls: Belichick has won six Super Bowls, which is a record. 

Conference titles: Belichick has won nine conference titles, which is a record. 

Coaching tree: 17 of Belichick's assistant coaches have become head coaches in the NFL and college. 

Defensive coordinator: Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants when they won Super Bowls in 1987 and 1991... where he beat Marv Levy

You can feel the way you feel but it doesn't support the numbers, sorry. All that garbage of AFC titles and best arm strength or whatever you think matters doesn't. It's all about the Lombardi. McD is Andy when he was in Philly, hit a ceiling and it's time to move on.

You missed the point.   That's fine. 

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You missed the point.   That's fine. 

What? What is the point? 6ths time's a charm this year? Maybe, we get by the first round? It is the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I don't get yours and some other people allegiance to a coaching franchise that has done nothing, except draft superman, which makes them look better then they are. 

Let me ask you this and if you don't get it, then maybe you missed the point. If Mahomes was a Bill and Allen a Chief how many rings does Allen have? Just curious your thoughts

13 hours ago, Herb said:

It seems that nearly every time the experts start talking about us being an elite team, we have an inevitable crashing back down to 🌎. As a head coach, you have to realize very quickly that you have absolutely no answer for the opposing team running the ball and dominating the time of possession. The only answer to this reality is to score quickly whenever you possess the ball. McDermott has largely coached just well enough to sustain his job. We fans have witnessed countless performances in McDermott's tenure that have defied logic in terms of how well your QB performed and how the games ultimately turned out when it really mattered most. This was our first real test of a playoff atmosphere where a team at home needed a win. 35-10 the way we did it says everything to me.

Theoretically, if a head coach would design the perfect QB to run a full no-huddle offense, who would that be? 🙄

You do realize we are missing our 2 best linebackers and an all-pro CB, right?  My lord.  It's the NFL, sometimes good teams lose to good teams.  Some  times good teams lose to bad teams.  This was our first lost by more than 6 points in over 40 f'n games.  You need to RELAX.  If we don't have that stupid gimmick play that Josh fumbled, we very well may have maintained the momentum and won that game.

10 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He's far from the only problem on the defense.

Von and Ed are back to being invisible and no one can seemingly tackle 

Well they only had Von play 9 snaps (usually plays about 30) as they only use him as a pass rusher so its not like he had a lot of opportunity to make plays. Ed, yeah invisible.

41 minutes ago, ren1701 said:

What? What is the point? 6ths time's a charm this year? Maybe, we get by the first round? It is the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I don't get yours and some other people allegiance to a coaching franchise that has done nothing, except draft superman, which makes them look better then they are. 

Let me ask you this and if you don't get it, then maybe you missed the point. If Mahomes was a Bill and Allen a Chief how many rings does Allen have? Just curious your thoughts

My point is Bill never beat Mahomes and Reed in their prime.  That's all.  I support the team we have and believe they are good enough to get over the hump.  I dont get into this week 4 meltdown like some on here.  I dont call the coach chicken *****.  I dont claim we have no talent when we lose and we cant coach all the talent we have next week.  I dont buy into the bipolar BS. 

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

I warned all of you what would happen when we lost a game. And it's happening 🤣

It's like they have never watched the ebb and flow off a season of football. 

Edited by nedboy7

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

We are starting Cam Lewis! They are not! How is this constantly ignored??

Cam Lewis is a big part of how we lost. People want to point to mostly Hamlin being bad and Oliver being invisible, However Cam Lewis is a big reason. They use Lewis almost like a 3rd linebacker.  He is always in position and around the play but is terrible at tackling and misses a lot of tackles. Not just last night but in past weeks as well.  He has had some good plays but he misses too many as well. This D will be much better when we get Bernard and Johnson back.

Is this all it takes for the haters to come out? The Ravens were a more desperate than the Bills last night. Baltimore was 13-4 last year, where did they end up? Come to Buffalo in January fellas. We are 3-1. It’s not the end of the world. Better this should happen in September. McDermott and Babich will adjust. More importantly, those players will step up. The ass whopping we laid in the fins still counts. I do not fear Houston, their offense looks just ok.  Look at the Super Bowl champion jets, how would you like to be a fan of that? I’ll take our team and coaches ! Accept and move on bit@hes!