It's still coaching

Herb

23 minutes ago, T master said:

And the 4 AFC championships & not loosing a game until last night by more than 7 points in some 40 some games & being in the play offs for what 6 years in a row yah he sucks you got me !! 

Oh too the entirely new WR room & 2 new coordinators, injuries to all pro players too this year nothing to over come there . Sorry i forgot about those things .

and how many Lombardi's does that equal? Just curious 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ren1701 said:

and how many Lombardi's does that equal? Just curious 

It's a hole lot closer to the Lombardi and much better than the previous 17 years that you have seemingly forgotten about . 

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Beast said:

It’s a passing league. The Bills are designed to stop the pass. A team that runs the ball freakishly well got ‘em last night. The Bills had a night where things snowballed on them and they didn’t recover.

The answer is to just score. It doesn’t matter whether it’s with a huddle or without one. Would a hurry up offense have stopped the Ravens from having their way with the Bills o-line? Doubtful and it may have even got worse.

Totally agree. McDermott's defenses are designed to stop the pass in a passing league. They utilize quick, strong, interior DL to push the pocket and aid in the pass rush. Teams with big OL's and big, hard running RB's have always given the Bills trouble under McDermott. Think Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Pacheco, and even Rhamondre Stevenson of the Pats. They primarily play nickel with Taron Johnson the extra DB/LB because he is such a good tackler and smart player. Without Bernard, Milano and Johnson, they were doomed from the start. As Beast writes, you need to score first and often to make a team like the Ravens pass the ball, take them out of what they do best. We didn't do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, T master said:

And the 4 AFC championships & not loosing a game until last night by more than 7 points in some 40 some games & being in the play offs for what 6 years in a row yah he sucks you got me !! 

Oh too the entirely new WR room & 2 new coordinators, injuries to all pro players too this year nothing to over come there . Sorry i forgot about those things .

4 AFC Championships?  I'm confused, we haven't gotten past the divisional round the last two years.  Yeah, with the talent this staff has, the results are unnacceptable.  Injuries are a tired excuse, like KC an SF and Balt don't have those, wait, they do.  The WR room is "too new", that's surprising, since Kincaid and Knox are both returning players, Samuel is a vet, and they had all preseason and the first 3 games to get it figured out.  But let the excuse train continue unabated until Allen retires without a Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

4 AFC Championships?  I'm confused, we haven't gotten past the divisional round the last two years.  Yeah, with the talent this staff has, the results are unnacceptable.  Injuries are a tired excuse, like KC an SF and Balt don't have those, wait, they do.  The WR room is "too new", that's surprising, since Kincaid and Knox are both returning players, Samuel is a vet, and they had all preseason and the first 3 games to get it figured out.  But let the excuse train continue unabated until Allen retires without a Lombardi.

Allen wont retire without a Lombardi, it just might not be here

• Agree 1

Coaching was definitely an issue this game.  Doesn't mean our coaches suck. 

The fact that we were missing TB, MM and TJ was huge specifically for an offense built like the Ravens. 

They Ravens are an anomaly.   We wont have to play another team like them.  When we meet in the playoffs there has to be better coaching. 

To say we lack talent or good coaching is an emotional over reaction.  Which is not shocking as it starts the moment we are down 0-3 in the first. 

Von is invisible now when he doesn't get a sack?   Yet we are not impressed when he does.  It is a way of thinking thats not realistic. 

They had the flats open and Brady did not adjust.  I dont think they gain 200+ yards either with our real LB and slot in there. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If it's coaching when we lose, is it not coaching when we win?

That seriously is the narrative on here on many levels.  It's absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

It's a hole lot closer to the Lombardi and much better than the previous 17 years that you have seemingly forgotten about . 

Really? you're the guy that would be defending Marv Levy, greatest roster ever assembled some would argue, and just could not get it done and let me see if I remember the conversation back them when this board was hosted at one bills drive - if we only  had a Parcels or Gibbs or Walsh ... song is starting to sound VERY familiar to me. I have no doubts, with a Belichick, Josh would already have bling and most people are seeing that to. Said it before and saying it again - without 17 the Bills are a sub .500 team at best and would be fighting for the basement still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, balln said:

McD and beane are NOT going to give up the 1 year of Carolina / cam Super Bowl participation season blueprint. They are just not.

Maybe Pegula can bring in some more CAROLINA connections that had to learn their new jobs as they go. (Called on the job training)
McDermott...Beane...Dorsey....Brady...Babich.........CAROLINA !!
Oh can't forget the many players brought here from CAROLINA by McDermott.....
The fixation with CAROLINA is why they are where they are now after 7 years.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Sweats said:

As much as i don't like the guy, he got so much out of so little with his rosters.

Well, the primetime spotlight for one.......an AFC opponent that will see the playoffs for sure and a generally overall good team.

That's how i see it as a big game.

So last week when we kicked the Jags butt was a big game as well I guess.  Or the Fish game.

1 minute ago, ren1701 said:

Really? you're the guy that would be defending Marv Levy, greatest roster ever assembled some would argue, and just could not get it done and let me see if I remember the conversation back them when this board was hosted at one bills drive - if we only  had a Parcels or Gibbs or Walsh ... song is starting to sound VERY familiar to me. I have no doubts, with a Belichick, Josh would already have bling and most people are seeing that to. Said it before and saying it again - without 17 the Bills are a sub .500 team at best and would be fighting for the basement still.

What year was that when Bellicheat beat Mahomes and Reed?  2018 when Mahomes became a starter?  Since then has he beaten them? 

3 minutes ago, beer can shower said:

Maybe Pegula can bring in some more CAROLINA connections that had to learn their new jobs as they go. (Called on the job training)
McDermott...Beane...Dorsey....Brady...Babich.........CAROLINA !!
Oh can't forget the many players brought here from CAROLINA by McDermott.....
The fixation with CAROLINA is why they are where they are now after 7 years.

I actually wouldn't even see an issue with this if Carolina was a dynasty or a juggernaut, however, we shouldn't be looking at another man's garbage......we have enough of our own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree it's still the coaching.

Coaching is largely why we won the first three games.

Coaching is largely why we lost to the Ravens.  

I was at Arrowhead a couple of years ago when we crushed the Chiefs 38-20.   That game didn't prove that McDermott was a genius nor that Reid was unfit to be a HC.  It didn't prove anything at all.   Neither did this game - though the performance, all around, does have me concerned.

12 hours ago, Herb said:

It seems that nearly every time the experts start talking about us being an elite team, we have an inevitable crashing back down to 🌎. As a head coach, you have to realize very quickly that you have absolutely no answer for the opposing team running the ball and dominating the time of possession. The only answer to this reality is to score quickly whenever you possess the ball. McDermott has largely coached just well enough to sustain his job. We fans have witnessed countless performances in McDermott's tenure that have defied logic in terms of how well your QB performed and how the games ultimately turned out when it really mattered most. This was our first real test of a playoff atmosphere where a team at home needed a win. 35-10 the way we did it says everything to me.

Theoretically, if a head coach would design the perfect QB to run a full no-huddle offense, who would that be? 🙄

Every loss is on coaching and every win is on the players…makes sense

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

What year was that when Bellicheat beat Mahomes and Reed?  2018 when Mahomes became a starter?  Since then has he beaten them? 

Seriously?? 

Let me Google that for you - 

Bill Belichick, the NFL head coach:

Career wins: Belichick is third all-time in career wins with 302. 

Super Bowls: Belichick has won six Super Bowls, which is a record. 

Conference titles: Belichick has won nine conference titles, which is a record. 

Coaching tree: 17 of Belichick's assistant coaches have become head coaches in the NFL and college. 

Defensive coordinator: Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants when they won Super Bowls in 1987 and 1991... where he beat Marv Levy

You can feel the way you feel but it doesn't support the numbers, sorry. All that garbage of AFC titles and best arm strength or whatever you think matters doesn't. It's all about the Lombardi. McD is Andy when he was in Philly, hit a ceiling and it's time to move on.

Just now, Roundybout said:

Is a random week 4 game a “big one?”

A primetime game against an AFC opponent which may or may not dictate homefield advantage come the playoffs is fairly big i would consider.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

As much as i don't like the guy, he got so much out of so little with his rosters.

Well, the primetime spotlight for one.......an AFC opponent that will see the playoffs for sure and a generally overall good team.

That's how i see it as a big game.

I'd agree- the guys knows scheme and builds around the bodies he has on hand, and if those bodies change, the scheme adapts.  Was he perfect, of course not.  Better than McDermott, the evidence suggests clearly, yes.  No hate for McDermott, he's presided over a very strong stretch in Bills history- but maybe he was here for a reason, and that reason no longer exist.  Maybe time to give a new direction a shot.