It's still coaching

Herb

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s very upsetting that the Chiefs defensive coaching is better than ours. Truly, if we don’t have that advantage then what is the point of having this guy? We are always going to be way behind them on offense because of Reid. You can’t also be out coached on the the other side of the ball. 

KC's offense was not good last year....we were better than them.  The defense won them the Super Bowl.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s very upsetting that the Chiefs defensive coaching is better than ours. Truly, if we don’t have that advantage then what is the point of having this guy? We are always going to be way behind them on offense because of Reid. You can’t also be out coached on the the other side of the ball. 

But, McD is a D guru and the smartest man in the room.......surely, that must mean something.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

KC's offense was not good last year....we were better than them.  The defense won them the Super Bowl.

We couldn’t stop them in the playoffs. Again. Like every year. And yeah they had a down year on offense and still won. Our offense can’t even have 1 off week. You never can lean on this defense. Every time we play anyone decent, if our offense isn’t scoring we are dead. You have to be able to allow for an off night here and there. This offense carries this entire team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are starting Cam Lewis! They are not! How is this constantly ignored??

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

It’s a passing league. The Bills are designed to stop the pass. A team that runs the ball freakishly well got ‘em last night. The Bills had a night where things snowballed on them and they didn’t recover.

The answer is to just score. It doesn’t matter whether it’s with a huddle or without one. Would a hurry up offense have stopped the Ravens from having their way with the Bills o-line? Doubtful and it may have even got worse.

I do think the Bills formula for success this year will be hold them to field goals and score TDs...  BTW surprized I have seen this... where was Ed Oliver last night... was he hurt or just wildly ineffective. 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We couldn’t stop them in the playoffs. Again. Like every year. And yeah they had a down year on offense and still won. Our offense can’t even have 1 off week. You never can lean on this defense. Every time we play anyone decent, if our offense isn’t scoring we are dead. You have to be able to allow for an off night here and there. This offense carries this entire team 

Truer words haven’t been spoken. I’m so sick of this defense being completely  overwhelmed in big games.  I’ve become increasingly convinced you can’t win it all with this light in the a$$ reactive defense.  

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

In a thread where it’s my time to shine for how much hate I have for the HC and want him gone. A game like last night is like a pat on my shoulder to how I’ve felt the whole time. Sucks being right about him. Anyway, I am not allowed to talk bad about our HC or the almighty lord moderator will suspend me for another week or more next time. So I’ll exit the conversation now. But this post is well put and pretty much how I feel. 

I was on the fence for a while, and the injuries on D, how well allen played, and the missed fg vs kc gave me some hope, but at this point i have to think mcd is just cut out to lead us to the chip.

one thing that bothers is his selection of coordinators.  frazer was a vet, but a scaredy cat who worked his way out of a job.  dabol, dorsey, and now brady are all raw green ocs, brady did have a sliver of experience, and dabol had some too, but none have had any nfl success at all.  the hc having the goat at qb and bringing in guys like that is just not a good strategy.  harbaugh in baltimore is clearly a superior coach, and has a good qb, and we see how hard it is for him to get past kc.  how are we gonna do it with these consistent just set up to fail moments?

the optimist in me hopes mcd can go down like the GB now dallas coach, who kinda fluked his way to one w rogers just lighting the world on fire.

7 hours ago, Herb said:

It seems that nearly every time the experts start talking about us being an elite team, we have an inevitable crashing back down to 🌎. As a head coach, you have to realize very quickly that you have absolutely no answer for the opposing team running the ball and dominating the time of possession. The only answer to this reality is to score quickly whenever you possess the ball. McDermott has largely coached just well enough to sustain his job. We fans have witnessed countless performances in McDermott's tenure that have defied logic in terms of how well your QB performed and how the games ultimately turned out when it really mattered most. This was our first real test of a playoff atmosphere where a team at home needed a win. 35-10 the way we did it says everything to me.

Theoretically, if a head coach would design the perfect QB to run a full no-huddle offense, who would that be? 🙄

Let the HC ing hate begin i knew they were waiting in the wings to pounce when ever 1 bad game came about . 

SAME AS IT EVER WAS ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Last offseason the Bills brass told everyone that the some of the teams talent had aged out and by default much of the talent had maxed out and not only because of salary cap but to bring in some new fresh faces and attempt a sort of retool on the fly. 

Is it possible that the Bills coaching had also hit that wall and a retool might have also been in order for them. 

Beane shouldn’t be immune from criticism. He has spent a lot of money with nothing really to show for it. It’s not like this team would even be competitive without Josh Allen. 

Look at how Minnesota or San Francisco or Baltimore or the Lions have built their rosters. 

Beane might get pushed around by McDermott to use so many draft picks on D linemen and linebackers cause it doesn’t look like they give much of a concern about helping out Allen. 

Who could blame Allen if one day he realizes that he wasted the best part of his career with no help and a defensive minded HC who couldn’t be bothered to really make an effort to maximize his talent?

A ton has been made out of this year of Allen being a good general and making better decisions and in effect reigning himself in. What if he had complimentary talent that could help him maximize his immense ability instead of trying to dumb down his aggressive nature? 

This is Marty Shottenhiemer’s KC or Marvin Lewis’ Cincinnati all over again. Always competitive but never winning a damn thing. 

…..or I could be wrong and am just venting as per usual. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, colin said:

I was on the fence for a while, and the injuries on D, how well allen played, and the missed fg vs kc gave me some hope, but at this point i have to think mcd is just cut out to lead us to the chip.

one thing that bothers is his selection of coordinators.  frazer was a vet, but a scaredy cat who worked his way out of a job.  dabol, dorsey, and now brady are all raw green ocs, brady did have a sliver of experience, and dabol had some too, but none have had any nfl success at all.  the hc having the goat at qb and bringing in guys like that is just not a good strategy.  harbaugh in baltimore is clearly a superior coach, and has a good qb, and we see how hard it is for him to get past kc.  how are we gonna do it with these consistent just set up to fail moments?

the optimist in me hopes mcd can go down like the GB now dallas coach, who kinda fluked his way to one w rogers just lighting the world on fire.

He chooses his coaches because they are YES men for him. No matter what it’s essentially him coaching both offense and defense because the coordinators are doing exactly what he wants to do. I will never give any OC or DC any credit under him because they are just doing what he wants. Exception being Daboll because they clearly had issues with each other. Tells me Daboll was not a yes man. 

your correct, Allen is the key to everything. If he goes full nuclear at the right time (assuming the coaches haven’t sucked that life out of him) then the sky is the limit. 

last night he looked like a Deer in headlights look on the sidelines. Absolutely no answer to anything the opponent was doing. He looked like he had no clue what was happening or how it could happen. Then he got conservative and stupid. Punting on 4th and shorts. Stupid trick plays when they weren’t needed. You wait until 4 games in when your down by 2 scores to pull out a questionable trick play. That by the way nobody on the defensive side was fooled. 

🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Last offseason the Bills brass told everyone that the some of the teams talent had aged out and by default much of the talent had maxed out and not only because of salary cap but to bring in some new fresh faces and attempt a sort of retool on the fly. 

Is it possible that the Bills coaching had also hit that wall and a retool might have also been in order for them. 

Beane shouldn’t be immune from criticism. He has spent a lot of money with nothing really to show for it. It’s not like this team would even be competitive without Josh Allen. 

Look at how Minnesota or San Francisco or Baltimore or the Lions have built their rosters. 

Beane might get pushed around by McDermott to use so many draft picks on D linemen and linebackers cause it doesn’t look like they give much of a concern about helping out Allen. 

Who could blame Allen if one day he realizes that he wasted the best part of his career with no help and a defensive minded HC who couldn’t be bothered to really make an effort to maximize his talent?

A ton has been made out of this year of Allen being a good general and making better decisions and in effect reigning himself in. What if he had complimentary talent that could help him maximize his immense ability instead of trying to dumb down his aggressive nature? 

This is Marty Shottenhiemer’s KC or Marvin Lewis’ Cincinnati all over again. Always competitive but never winning a damn thing. 

…..or I could be wrong and am just venting as per usual. 

You are not wrong. Believe that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

He chooses his coaches because they are YES men for him. No matter what it’s essentially him coaching both offense and defense because the coordinators are doing exactly what he wants to do. I will never give any OC or DC any credit under him because they are just doing what he wants. Exception being Daboll because they clearly had issues with each other. Tells me Daboll was not a yes man. 

your correct, Allen is the key to everything. If he goes full nuclear at the right time (assuming the coaches haven’t sucked that life out of him) then the sky is the limit. 

last night he looked like a Deer in headlights look on the sidelines. Absolutely no answer to anything the opponent was doing. He looked like he had no clue what was happening or how it could happen. Then he got conservative and stupid. Punting on 4th and shorts. Stupid trick plays when they weren’t needed. You wait until 4 games in when your down by 2 scores to pull out a questionable trick play. That by the way nobody on the defensive side was fooled. 

🤦‍♂️

Exactly.

You would think that our coaching staff would have done their homework......There were no trick plays or tomfoolery going on with the Ravens last night. They basically said from the very first play, "here's our gameplan.....stop us if you can" and it's the same gameplan every week and every season with Baltimore, so it's not like they tried to fool anyone with anything new.......heavy dose of runs, LJ runs, and some throw in some passes to mix it up.

It's like the Ravens gameplan caught them so off-guard, like they had no idea it was going to happen or even how it could happen, that they panicked and tried to stop the bleeding by any means necessary.

It's like they thought, "how dare you run on us" mentality......like they had no idea it was going to happen.

#disgusting

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

We are starting Cam Lewis! They are not! How is this constantly ignored??

Don’t do it. You have other guys. Elam never seeing the field is absurd. We have Edwards inactive and Safety’s that don’t belong in the league are starting. This inexcusable ***** is also on the coaches. You should have already been ready to move one of these corners inside. The second that T Johnson went down …Elam comes in and you move one of the other 2 inside. There’s just constant BS personnel decisions with this team. We are heavily rotating in Dlineman that shouldn’t see the field. This team acts like these are preseason games. The starters are starters for a reason 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll just go pick one up from Walmart 

you could take the Bean approach and trade down to draft a #2 WR in Coleman.  Or, humm, perhaps trade for Hopkins or Adams.   

2 hours ago, T master said:

Let the HC ing hate begin i knew they were waiting in the wings to pounce when ever 1 bad game came about . 

SAME AS IT EVER WAS ...

yeah, pounding on 3 teams with a combined 2 wins demonstrated that this is a well-coached team.  Nevermind the year over years of being unprepared for big games, and rediculous playoff losses.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Truer words haven’t been spoken. I’m so sick of this defense being completely  overwhelmed in big games.  I’ve become increasingly convinced you can’t win it all with this light in the a$$ reactive defense.  

McD and beane are NOT going to give up the 1 year of Carolina / cam Super Bowl participation season blueprint. They are just not.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Don’t do it. You have other guys. Elam never seeing the field is absurd. We have Edwards inactive and Safety’s that don’t belong in the league are starting. This inexcusable ***** is also on the coaches. You should have already been ready to move one of these corners inside. The second that T Johnson went down …Elam comes in and you move one of the other 2 inside. There’s just constant BS personnel decisions with this team. We are heavily rotating in Dlineman that shouldn’t see the field. This team acts like these are preseason games. The starters are starters for a reason 

You absolutely can’t move Elam to TJ. TJ role is that of another OLB. Yes he’s a slot corner. But he’s good cuz he can fire and tackle and act like another OLB. Elam is man to man on an island player that can’t tackle 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

you could take the Bean approach and trade down to draft a #2 WR in Coleman.  Or, humm, perhaps trade for Hopkins or Adams.   

yeah, pounding on 3 teams with a combined 2 wins demonstrated that this is a well-coached team.  Nevermind the year over years of being unprepared for big games, and rediculous playoff losses.  

I’m not interested in paying ancient Hopkins a lot of money. Adams maybe, if the price is right. 

When I watched the Chiefs/ Chargers game yesterday, I thought to myself, Chiefs will win this.

When I watch the Bills/ Solid Team game and we're down by a score or two, I pray Joh Allen will be a hero, because I know the Defense will never take over or get a stop when needed.

Its McDermott.  Always good enough to be pretty good.  McDermott is a younger John Fox.  Good, just never good enough.

Edited by 8BallSippin
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Josh doesnt make a Josh throw they score 3 points. They had guys running free at Josh all night. The Ravens kept crowding the line and bringing guys free to get it out of Josh’s hands fast. 

The way you counter that is with draws and screens. The Bills ran none of these. 

The other side of the ball was an utter disaster As McDermott had no answers for the Ravens running game. Having no LB depth and not even attempting to turn Lamar into a passer was disgusting. 

Coaching played a part but we have holes on this roster and everything came to a head tonight. 

They were terribly outcoached.

the Bills had no answers.

a McDermott masterpiece.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 8BallSippin said:

When I watched the Chiefs/ Chargers game yesterday, I thought to myself, Chiefs will win this.

When I watch the Bills/ Solid Team game and we're down by a score or two, I pray Joh Allen will be a hero, because I know the Defense will never take over or get a stop when needed.

Its McDermott.  Always good enough to be pretty good.  McDermott is a younger John Fox.  Good, just never good enough.

Completely agree.