It's still coaching

Herb

On 10/4/2024 at 6:46 AM, Ga boy said:

It can be argued that Josh has had better weapons than Tom Terrific and more skill himself.  However, either our guy hasn’t figured out how to dissect Ds, or our coaches aren’t as good, or both.  Another difference is that I don’t remember TB running for his life as much as our guy.  The first 3 games looked like we had addressed that.  The next game will tell us a lot.

Tom had a great supporting cast and a stingy Defense under Bellichek.  Allen does not have the same luxury from the Bills. or McDermott

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Tom had a great supporting cast and a stingy Defense under Bellichek.  Allen does not have the same luxury from the Bills. or McDermott

Did he win the first 3 games by himself?  

On 10/3/2024 at 7:21 PM, GoBills808 said:

What about this FO/ownership combo leads you to believe they appreciate the value of a QB like Allen

This is an insane comment.  Complete hysterical news type spin.  

53 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Did he win the first 3 games by himself?  

This is an insane comment.  Complete hysterical news type spin.  

He did win games 1 and 3 with his play.  That is why he is the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.   The defense helped him in Miami...but let him down big time in Baltimore.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

He did win games 1 and 3 with his play.  That is why he is the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.   The defense helped him in Miami...but let him down big time in Baltimore.

It’s not a one man show.  That’s a childish narrative on here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/4/2024 at 7:49 PM, T master said:

This isn't the same staff ! New coordinators on both sides of the ball & 1 is a rookie DC so that statement is totally untrue !!

And by the way you never answered my question i asked you !

Who would be the miracle coach that that you would put in place once you fired McD to change the direction of the team to go straight to a SB ?

enjoying the awful coaching so far in Texans game?  Not challenging a clear catch on a pivotal 3rd down—laughably bad.  And it is the same staff.  Brady was here 1/2 last year.  Babich was here.  And the leader of the staff McD was here. 

Also I did answer your question, you ignored it.  Not my job to find a new HC.  Bu this staff is not getting it done. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2024 at 9:51 AM, The 9 Isles said:

Last offseason the Bills brass told everyone that the some of the teams talent had aged out and by default much of the talent had maxed out and not only because of salary cap but to bring in some new fresh faces and attempt a sort of retool on the fly. 

Is it possible that the Bills coaching had also hit that wall and a retool might have also been in order for them. 

Beane shouldn’t be immune from criticism. He has spent a lot of money with nothing really to show for it. It’s not like this team would even be competitive without Josh Allen. 

Look at how Minnesota or San Francisco or Baltimore or the Lions have built their rosters. 

Beane might get pushed around by McDermott to use so many draft picks on D linemen and linebackers cause it doesn’t look like they give much of a concern about helping out Allen. 

Who could blame Allen if one day he realizes that he wasted the best part of his career with no help and a defensive minded HC who couldn’t be bothered to really make an effort to maximize his talent?

A ton has been made out of this year of Allen being a good general and making better decisions and in effect reigning himself in. What if he had complimentary talent that could help him maximize his immense ability instead of trying to dumb down his aggressive nature? 

This is Marty Shottenhiemer’s KC or Marvin Lewis’ Cincinnati all over again. Always competitive but never winning a damn thing. 

…..or I could be wrong and am just venting as per usual. 

yep

That last offensive possession was classic McDermott. Do the absolute precise thing at the wrong time to completely ruin your chances of winning the game. Passing and preserving the Texan timeouts...

44 minutes ago, Herb said:

That last offensive possession was classic McDermott. Do the absolute precise thing at the wrong time to completely ruin your chances of winning the game. Passing and preserving the Texan timeouts...

Yeah he’s not smart. Just like when he took a timeout immediately after thinking about challenging the call. Here’s a hint dummy, if you were intelligent in any way, shape, or form, you would have just took the flier on challenging the play once you decided to take the TO. I get it, I’m sure someone was up in the booth telling him not to challenge it because the call was correct. But if they knew he was going to waste a TO anyway they prolly would have just told him why not try. 

• Like (+1) 1

grenade GIF

We're going to have to hear another week of, "we need to play better in all 3 phases, we need to have better situational awareness, it's hard to win in this league, we will learn from this, blah, blah, blah".

The guy has been saying it for 7 years and keeps making the worst possible mistakes at the worst possible times.....he just doesn't learn.

Sorry, not sorry.

• Thank you (+1) 1