It's still coaching

Herb

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would be shocked if Josh walked away.

Whens the last time a top 5 QB in his prime just signed as a free agent for another team? (In his prime being the key words, not someone like a rod at 40)

Has it even ever happened in the last 25 years?

The closest example is probably Kirk Cousins. He was probably top 10 at the time 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would be shocked if Josh walked away.

Whens the last time a top 5 QB in his prime just signed as a free agent for another team? (In his prime being the key words, not someone like a rod at 40)

Has it even ever happened in the last 25 years?

When was the last time a team ate $30+M dead cap for a WR?

He’s not going to walk as a free agent, he’ll have 2 years left one his contract with after the guaranteed money is gone. Beane will trade him for the most picks ever & then it will be another 20 years before we make the playoffs again.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I became convinced that we have a top 10 coach the 2nd half of last season.  This love affair with BB is interesting or something.  Could BB have gotten us as far last year with a patchwork team?  Can McDermott get us to SB?  I think he can but if he wins 10 or less this year and has stupid games, and uses Hamlin on 4th down, and runs a base nickel against the Ravens in the playoffs, and runs plays that get JA17 killed, I’d give BB a call.  This Texans game will tell us a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I became convinced that we have a top 10 coach the 2nd half of last season.  This love affair with BB is interesting or something.  Could BB have gotten us as far last year with a patchwork team?  Can McDermott get us to SB?  I think he can but if he wins 10 or less this year and has stupid games, and uses Hamlin on 4th down, and runs a base nickel against the Ravens in the playoffs, and runs plays that get JA17 killed, I’d give BB a call.  This Texans game will tell us a lot.

Terry loves McDermott as his coach. Same with Beane as the GM. He won't fire them if they have a bad year. They would get next year to turn it around and maybe the year after that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Seeing how we bounce back will be huge. While we had to cut out aging vets due to on field peformance, those were all McD guys that had his back in locker room. The new players don’t have the same confidence or loyality.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He’s not going to walk as a free agent, he’ll have 2 years left one his contract with after the guaranteed money is gone. Beane will trade him for the most picks ever & then it will be another 20 years before we make the playoffs again.

Do you actually believe that? Lol. I honestly don't know if you're joking or not .

Josh isn't going anywhere

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you actually believe that? Lol. I honestly don't know if you're joking or not .

Josh isn't going anywhere

I believe Josh wants to win and is realizing it isn’t going to happen here if things don’t change. If ownership is content with 2nd round exits, he will have no choice. I think he wants to be loyal to Buffalo, but his desire to win a Super Bowl is greater.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The team deciding to move on from a WR and Josh Allen refusing to re-sign here as a free agent is apple to orangutans.

He won't leave and he won't be traded.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The team deciding to move on from a WR and Josh Allen refusing to re-sign here as a free agent is apple to orangutans.

He won't leave and he won't be traded.

I was asked a hypothetical question and gave an appropriate response. How many playoff games does Josh need to play flawlessly, only for the defense to ***** the bed? 

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I was asked a hypothetical question and gave an appropriate response. How many playoff games does Josh need to play flawlessly, only for the defense to ***** the bed? 

I don't know but Josh will extend here, like every other QB of his caliber does and the hand-wringing on him leaving us high and dry will seem silly.

The Bills are a good team. Buffalo isn't a perfect place, but there is no reason for the inferiority complex that we will be the first team to fumble a franchise QB because we don't WIN THE SB. We compete every year, which is better than like 29 other teams.

The Chargers are a mess and can't even compete. Their fans and the media was concerned Herbert would walk. He signed the first chance he could get.

The Bengals have a terrible owner and are notoriously cash-poor. They had one good run. There was talk about them being so bad that Burrow should have pulled an Eli. He signed the first chance he could get.

Dak has failed over and over and over again in Dallas. He was playing chicken with his owner in the media. He has gotten everything he wanted in negotiations, TWICE.

Two notable QB's have walked in FA in the last 25 years when they weren't 100 years old.

Brees, who wasn't a franchise QB and who had injury concerns, whose replacement was drafted and on the roster after being selected #4.

Manning, whose neck was falling off and whose replacement was waiting for his old team at #1 overall.

Barring weird injury stuff, there's nothing to worry about.

Looked like a clear case of big boys beating up little boys. No matter, the Ravens will crap out in December again when you need more than Derick Henry to win. Most playoff caliber teams can scheme to stop or limit the opposing run game. It’s then up to Lamar to beat a good D with his arm, which it should be obvious by now he really just isn’t a good enuf passer to do. With DH Ravens have doubled down on the run game, which was always good. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

About a million before a bunch on here see the light😉

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't know but Josh will extend here, like every other QB of his caliber does and the hand-wringing on him leaving us high and dry will seem silly.

The Bills are a good team. Buffalo isn't a perfect place, but there is no reason for the inferiority complex that we will be the first team to fumble a franchise QB because we don't WIN THE SB. We compete every year, which is better than like 29 other teams.

The Chargers are a mess and can't even compete. Their fans and the media was concerned Herbert would walk. He signed the first chance he could get.

The Bengals have a terrible owner and are notoriously cash-poor. They had one good run. There was talk about them being so bad that Burrow should have pulled an Eli. He signed the first chance he could get.

Dak has failed over and over and over again in Dallas. He was playing chicken with his owner in the media. He has gotten everything he wanted in negotiations, TWICE.

Two notable QB's have walked in FA in the last 25 years when they weren't 100 years old.

Brees, who wasn't a franchise QB and who had injury concerns, whose replacement was drafted and on the roster after being selected #4.

Manning, whose neck was falling off and whose replacement was waiting for his old team at #1 overall.

Barring weird injury stuff, there's nothing to worry about.

Chargers: no fans & media doesn't care about them, recently made a coaching change.

Bengals: made a Super Bowl, defense picked up Burrows lackluster performance in the AFCC

Neither Herbert or Burrow has signed their 2nd extension, which is what I'm talking about.

Edited by uticaclub

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Chargers: no fans & media doesn't care about them, recently made a coaching change.

Bengals: made a Super Bowl, defense picked up Burrows lackluster performance in the AFCC

Huh?

No fans and limited media presence would be MORE reason for Herbert to leave. Also, this is the first I've seen that it spun as a positive that Herbert has played for 3 HC's already in his 5 year career. Usually, that's an indication that the org is a mess.

Burrow made one SB with a good defensive performance 3 years ago so he is a Bengal for life is the argument? When they can't figure out the OL and he has been hurt every other year since? Okay.

Josh is getting national Gatorade commercials in Buffalo. He is widely considered a superstar in the league, he is covering all the promos and video games and everything else. I would like the Bills to do a better job to support Allen as well, but please don't let this inferiority complex get you down. He is not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Huh?

No fans and limited media presence would be MORE reason for Herbert to leave. Also, this is the first I've seen that it spun as a positive that Herbert has played for 3 HC's already in his 5 year career. Usually, that's an indication that the org is a mess.

Burrow made one SB with a good defensive performance 3 years ago so he is a Bengal for life is the argument? When they can't figure out the OL and he has been hurt every other year since? Okay.

Josh is getting national Gatorade commercials in Buffalo. He is widely considered a superstar in the league, he is covering all the promos and video games and everything else. I would like the Bills to do a better job to support Allen as well, but please don't let this inferiority complex get you down. He is not going anywhere.

It's not an inferiority, if you are good & win you get attention in any market. That wasn't my point.

This thread is about coaching, my point is that if Josh doesn't think he can win with McD & Co that he has to move on to win a Super Bowl. Endorsements are great, but that Gatorade partnership will eventually end when he retires, championship last forever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

It's not an inferiority, if you are good & win you get attention in any market. That wasn't my point.

This thread is about coaching, my point is that if Josh doesn't think he can win with McD & Co that he has to move on to win a Super Bowl. Endorsements are great, but that Gatorade partnership will eventually end when he retires, championship last forever.

If Josh gives up on McD and Co, they will be fired lol.

There is nobody with more power when push comes to shove in that org. This isn't Brady vs BB. If Josh threatens to walk, ownership will move heaven and earth to keep him.

Like I said, don't worry.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Brees first 5 years were with the Chargers before going to the Saints. 

Brees is an interesting example. He was playing great with the chargers, but there were legit concerns about him being able to play again after his shoulder injury. His original contract with the Saints was very incentive laden. Even they weren't sure he could come back 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If Josh gives up on McD and Co, they will be fired lol.

There is nobody with more power when push comes to shove in that org. This isn't Brady vs BB. If Josh threatens to walk, ownership will move heaven and earth to keep him.

Like I said, don't worry.

Don't worry? Are you new? 😂