It's still coaching

Herb

5 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

I hope in 20 years there isn’t a 30 for 30 about Josh Allen being the best QB of all time to never win a Championship. 

I have a feeling 90% of that show would be focused on the GM and the HC leaving him high and dry. 

The "2 falls of Josh Allen".....Sean & Brandon. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You don’t hire BB because off his Offensive acumen…. Duh!!! 
You do hire him because he’s forgotten more about different defensive schemes than McClappy and his magical playoff folding defense could even imagine.😘

Ok, but his last hire on the offensive side of the ball was Matt ***** Patricia and Joe Judge. His son was the DC. What kind of staff are we getting? BB has nothing left. His staff is going to be all of his old buddies who all failed. You’re going to let that near Josh Allen???? Insane

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ok, but his last hire on the offensive side of the ball was Matt ***** Patricia and Joe Judge. His son was the DC. What kind of staff are we getting? BB has nothing left. His staff is going to be all of his old buddies who all failed. You’re going to let that near Josh Allen???? Insane

If we got Josh McDaniel and B Flo. Take that all day!

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Tangential to this discussion but something I and others have shared….

Shouldn’t the opportunity to work with Josh Allen and BB garner interest from many top tier OCs?

I get the idea that Belichick can be tough to work with/for but the opportunity itself is amazing.

The guy won’t freak out in the playoffs. He won’t run a base nickel D against tte Ravens(😜). He certainly wouldn’t agree to tiny LBs who can’t hold up….. 

And frankly, there is a perverse sense of Karmic justice to winning a SB with him.
   Give me the next 5 years with him or McD? That is an easy answer 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

I hope in 20 years there isn’t a 30 for 30 about Josh Allen being the best QB of all time to never win a Championship. 

I have a feeling 90% of that show would be focused on the GM and the HC leaving him high and dry. 

Josh is out of Buffalo in 2 years when his guaranteed money is out. He'll win, just not here.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Josh is out of Buffalo in 2 years when his guaranteed money is out. He'll win, just not here.

Certainly could happen.  Everyone just assumes he will resign.  However Josh is a man of the world right now. Hollywood girlfriend, lives in California, golf enthusiast etc..  when his contract comes up he will be a man in high demand for virtually anything he wants.  I’m not saying he won’t resign, but it is certainly a possibility. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Certainly could happen.  Everyone just assumes he will resign.  However Josh is a man of the world right now. Hollywood girlfriend, lives in California, golf enthusiast etc..  when his contract comes up he will be a man in high demand for virtually anything he wants.  I’m not saying he won’t resign, but it is certainly a possibility. 

Coaching and the front office have been a disservice to him, I think he is as good as gone if we don't make the Super Bowl this year or next.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Coaching and the front office have been a disservice to him, I think he is as good as gone if we don't make the Super Bowl this year or next.

Ya think?  Don’t say that too loudly.  Those on the good ship Lolly pop won’t take kindly to that.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ah yes, I knew this was coming. Lets ignore the fact the he also assembled a receiving core that makes Mack Hollins look like Jerry Rice. Or the fact the team was so bad his last few he got fired for his former LB to come in and continue to suck. Or that the Falcons choose Raheem Morris over BB

He also beat the chiefs in Arrowhead in 2018, which is a lifetime in the NFL. BB time has come and gone. 

Bill's downfall was he sucked as a GM. But he can still coach. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I would be shocked if Josh walked away.

Whens the last time a top 5 QB in his prime just signed as a free agent for another team? (In his prime being the key words, not someone like a rod at 40)

Has it even ever happened in the last 25 years?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Whens the last time a top 5 QB in his prime just signed as a free agent for another team? (In his prime being the key words, not someone like a rod at 40)

Brees first 5 years were with the Chargers before going to the Saints. 

17 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Bill's downfall was he sucked as a GM. But he can still coach. 

And maybe the reason he isn't a HC somewhere right now. But I have been advocating his hiring as Bills HC for at least 2 years now. If we show more signs of being unprepared for games, as we were last Sunday, then Pegula really needs to call Belichick and say - HC but not GM, chance to coach Allen (who BB admires), chance to cement his legacy and prove he can win the big one without Brady. And see what BB says. I would take 3 years of BB so the Bills can win a couple of titles and he gets to ride off into the sunset with no ifs, ands or buts to his legacy. 

Imo, his biggest attributes are game planning for the specific opponent and having his teams never screw up in big moments. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

And maybe the reason he isn't a HC somewhere right now. But I have been advocating his hiring as Bills HC for at least 2 years now. If we show more signs of being unprepared for games, as we were last Sunday, then Pegula really needs to call Belichick and say - HC but not GM, chance to coach Allen (who BB admires), chance to cement his legacy and prove he can win the big one without Brady. And see what BB says. I would take 3 years of BB so the Bills can win a couple of titles and he gets to ride off into the sunset with no ifs, ands or buts to his legacy. 

Imo, his biggest attributes are game planning for the specific opponent and having his teams never screw up in big moments. 

Bill is not far behind Shula for most wins as HC.

Regular season

1. Shula - 328

2. Halas - 318

3. Belichick - 302

Regular season and playoffs

1. Shula - 347

2. Belichick - 333

I also wanted Bill as HC. The biggest thing he would do for Allen is give him a much stronger defense to help him win a Super Bowl. Allen has played well in the post season. Imagine him playing like that with a defense that also plays well in the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Brees first 5 years were with the Chargers before going to the Saints. 

Fair but that was because of serious injury concerns with his shoulder 

I was a bit young so I don't say this with confidence, but to my recollection brees also wasn't an elite QB when he was with San diego

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

In San Diego, would you have considered Brees an elite QB also though? I was a bit young so honest question, but to my recollection he wasn't 

I looked it up. In the 2001 draft he was selected in the 2nd round (pick #32) by the Chargers. He wasn't considered elite, but a good prospect considering where he was drafted.

Just now, Gregg said:

I looked it up. In the 2001 draft he was selected in the 2nd round (pick #32) by the Chargers. He wasn't considered elite, but a good prospect considering where he was drafted.

Ya he played I think 4 years in San Diego- From what I remember he was good, but not so sure he was ever elite and had the right shoulder injury scare

Which caused Miami to sign Culpepper over him.. lol

• Like (+1) 1

I believe the coaches overly think their gameplan and once they decide this is the way were going to attack a certain team, that's it.  We're too slow (stubborn ?) to adjust during the game.   The defense I saw against Lamar was not good and the coaches did not respond.  Look at how they played the 1st three games - what we saw against the Ravens was not the same team.  Players the same - gameplan and strategy entirely different.

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

No, which is why it's silly.

• Agree 1