Does Brady struggle to feature top TE's and WR?

Mikie2times

I know everybody is point guard, everybody eats, we can catch them by surprise if they can't target one player. But if look at Kincaid, 18 targets in his first four games. He had 17 targets in his first 4 games last year. He only started to surface a bit more these last two weeks. If you have an advantage it would make sense to keep going to that advantage and being skilled in designing ways to do so. So did Brady choose to distribute the ball to everybody last year because he thought that was the best way to do it or was he just not good at a focused game plan toe get a #1's more reps? We have somewhat limited WR talent. I would think we would be making more of a targeted effort to involve Kincaid but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Shakir/Coleman and Kincaid/Knox situation makes me wonder sometimes. Right now probably the most proven players in our passing game and only Shakir and  Kincaid are being used. All players are fairly athletic and pretty versatile for their position. Especially Coleman. The everybody eats thing might come back to haunt you on film with more rotational guys running limited stuff. A pattern will form that will be a give away. Jmo. Not saying a lot of guys can’t contribute, just saying can’t have certain guys just doing the same ***** all the time. 

Edited by BananaB

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

It doesn’t help that he is naturally going to be running in the same space as Shakir.  

Really Shakir and Kincaid seem to have the same role. Quick flat, WR screen, drags. If Shakir isn’t running it, Kincaid is and viceversa. 

Ya, perhaps that is more of the barrier but they will need it be able to go to a 2nd option with consistency. Hell, even a first option. With the way these targets look, it might as well be Shakir, Coleman, and Kincaid for every passing target and that doesn’t work with the targets we are seeing. I know we like to involve Cook but Kincaid sort of needs 10 targets for the offensive math to work. 

44 minutes ago, bouds said:

Since this O became good, 2020, we haven’t had success consistently with our TEs, regardless of who the OC is/was.  This is why taking another TE was such a head scratcher. 

seems like we handicapped our TE's by putting them in the same position we would put our small quick recievers in.   

doesnt matter to much to the defense who is in the short/intermediate role if you know someone is going to be there.  

but if your not  using your TE's to stretch the field, then it just makes it that much easer to contain the short intermediate routes.

we'll see going forward if things evolve or if its still a flawed offense.  

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I know everybody is point guard, everybody eats, we can catch them by surprise if they can't target one player. But if look at Kincaid, 18 targets in his first four games. He had 17 targets in his first 4 games last year. He only started to surface a bit more these last two weeks. If you have an advantage it would make sense to keep going to that advantage and being skilled in designing ways to do so. So did Brady choose to distribute the ball to everybody last year because he thought that was the best way to do it or was he just not good at a focused game plan toe get a #1's more reps? We have somewhat limited WR talent. I would think we would be making more of a targeted effort to involve Kincaid but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Keep in mind, our offense took a vacation second half of weeks 2 and 3 and Josh had only 2 attempts before the final drive of the first half week 1.  Not to mention week 2 was the Cook show. 

So that’s gonna affect his target totals through these first 4 games.

Look Joe Brady is a disciple of Pete Carmichael and Sean Payton they emphasize the backs in the passing game as much as anyone in the league. 
  If you look at the saints offenses they really never had an alpha receiver with the closest being Marquis Colston.

The system works provided the defense isn’t getting gashed like they were a Pac 12 defense forcing you to have to throw downfield to get back in a game. 
  If teams march up and down the field on you forcing you to throw downfield get back in the game you are skunked cause that’s not the way his offenses are designed and the Bills don’t have the personnel to do that. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat