The throw to Shakir deserves its own thread

Success

We take these kinds of plays from Allen for granted now.  In some ways, they're commonplace.

But I don't know - maybe 5-6 guys in the last 20 years or so make a throw like that?  I'm still shaking my head.  Unfortunately, that trick play changed the game, and now I doubt it will even be talked about.  But man....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

We take these kinds of plays from Allen for granted now.  In some ways, they're commonplace.

But I don't know - maybe 5-6 guys in the last 20 years or so make a throw like that?  I'm still shaking my head.  Unfortunately, that trick play changed the game, and now I doubt it will even be talked about.  But man....

The three throws to Coleman were fantastic also.  Even though he was running for his life Allen was actually sharp tonight.  I am concerned at how little separation we saw out there from the Receivers.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I’m watching this year just to watch Allen 

I have zero expectations - this kid is special and I hope you all just relax and realize you are seeing amazing ness 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

That strike on a dead sprint laterally while falling backwards across the OB line was just sick.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The three throws to Coleman were fantastic also.  Even though he was running for his life Allen was actually sharp tonight.  I am concerned at how little separation we saw out there from the Receivers.

The lack of separation in the 1st half was devastating. Josh had to basically throw 2 jump ball "back shoulders" to Keon just to get something downfield.  This team doesn't need a chirping diva like Diggs but it definitely needs a speed wr.

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

His accuracy has been great so far this year. Best we've seen since 2020. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It’s the NFL, sometimes “open” to a fan is different than to a QB. I was much more concerned about the protection tonight. Ravens had a great plan and Bills couldn’t counter. We’ve been on one side for so long, this was bound to happen eventually. They will correct it and win the east with ease. 

Bad night, bury the film and move on

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Success said:

It's one of the "I can't believe it" plays that Allen makes routinely. Similar to the throw to Latavius Murray against KC last year. Just incredible playmaking skill

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The lack of separation in the 1st half was devastating. Josh had to basically throw 2 jump ball "back shoulders" to Keon just to get something downfield.  This team doesn't need a chirping diva like Diggs but it definitely needs a speed wr.

We could have had one, but we gave him to the chiefs. And he’s playing excellently. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Those weren't jump balls and I think you should rewatch defensive schemes and coverages closer before you state that downfield speed was an issue tonight

37 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

We could have had one, but we gave him to the chiefs. And he’s playing excellently. 

Thats funny, I saw someone on this here sight say earlier say when Rice got hurt they had nobody but Kelce left.  not long after that Worthy got the 54 yd TD

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It needs to get some use out Samuel for sure.  This reminds me when they talked up McKenzie back when Cole was still the slot WR all camp long.  How he was gonna be used all over the place and such…then the season started and he barely saw the field the whole

season except for the one Pats game.

But more puzzling is that McKenzie sucked, so that at least made more sense.  Brady has gotten a lot of Samuel before who is a legit NFL WR (unlike McKenzie who is a low rent gadget player at best) but somehow doesn’t look like he has much of a plan for Samuel other than quirky gadget plays.  

It’s never a good thing when the best play your offense makes is because A: your QB has a cannon, B: the play is a backyard scramble drill and was thought up on the fly. Great play extension by Allen and communication to Shakir to keep going. The ball is always in play.