The loss was bad, but watching Josh take a few brutal hits was much worse....

Special K

Starting off the game with a 3 and out followed by an 87 yard Henry TD run almost felt like an early knockout blow for the Bills.

The game was lost, but on several occasions, it looked like the season could be lost as our Franchise QB took several brutal hits on the sidelines while he was running for his life, plus the worst hit of all on the failed trick play.

I know the Ravens D plays with a nasty streak, but a few of those hits plus the eye poke of Kincaid were just downright dirty.

Josh is tough, but even he looked rattled by a couple of those hits....losing a game hurts, but losing Josh for an extended period of time from a borderline dirty hit would be season-ending.

PROTECT THE FRANCHISE, PLEASE!!

• Agree 2

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Is he ok?

yep

alrighr - next game 

Is he?

I think his throwing shoulder took some minor damage and his head hit the ground hard several times.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Ravens were playing dirty the whole game. I really wish the Bills had an enforcer type to retaliate when such happens. After Allen got cheap shotted late, someone should have taken out Lamar late on the next series. The lack of fight is just as worrying as those Sabres teams that let opponents run their goalies and others. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

One would hope Pegula is asking the HC and GM why their 250M QB is this exposed to hits (EDIT: so often in situations the QB shouldn't be the first option).  HC or his offensive staff aren't suited or willing schematically to stop relying on him though.  Something has to give immediately.   

An offense that needs Josh to convert in short yardage, run it as often, and escape more pressure is asking for an injury...if he isn't hurt already.   

Edited by BillsVet
  • Agree 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

But didn't Allen make a couple of his best throws to Coleman after the trick play and his taking that hard hit?

Yes he did; because he's hard-ass muther*****.

But he was down hurt and they were working on his throwing shoulder after the play.

He did not get out of that scot free

• Agree 2

Just now, Simon said:

The Bills wont' be telling us squat about it, nor should they

The loss sucks 

but come on - they are a good team  - a good coach 

of course the ravens game was going to be fire 🔥. - so what?

werk 4 we were going to be undefeated ?  What?

relax!!!!  Sucks I know

they will be better from this and many other losses they will have this year

doesnt matter right now they need to get better for January and February 

Josh will get his SB

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's a football player. That's going to happen sometimes.

I guess its a good thing that most Defenses don't have that much speed across the field like the Ravens have.....not to mention that most teams don't play like dirty pieces of 💩 like they do.

Just now, Drew21PA said:

The loss sucks 

but come on - they are a good team  - a good coach 

of course the ravens game was going to be fire 🔥. - so what?

werk 4 we were going to be undefeated ?  What?

relax!!!!  Sucks I know

they will be better from this and many other losses they will have this year

doesnt matter right now they need to get better for January and February 

Josh will get his SB

Not sure where this si coming from.

I never implied they weren't a good team with a good coach or that they or anybody else should go undefeated.

I just saw Allen take some punishment tonight and am making an observation about it.

I'm plenty relaxed about it; I'm not the guy that has to wake up hurting.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not sure where this si coming from.

I never implied they weren't a good team with a good coach or that they or anybody else should go undefeated.

I just saw Allen take some punishment tonight and am making an observation about it.

I'm plenty relaxed about it; I'm not the guy that has to wake up hurting.

I have a feeling Allen’s bed is more comfortable than yours.

There didn’t look to be a ton of torque on his throwing arm like in the Jets game a few years ago. 

Looked more like he threw his arm out when the ball was stripped.   Probably sore, and doesn’t feel great for a few days, but initially doesn’t look like a structural issue.