So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

32 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I was expecting him to be what he is unfortunately. I think it’s a mistake. Play him at WR and just stop getting cute 

He's exactly what he is. A guy with some speed that is used on gadget plays and is the 3rd or 4th WR. He's a 

better version of McKenzie.

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think Simon is hitting it on the head.  Also, the volume just wasn’t there.  He did well with what he got, but the one drop was a huge one.  If he makes that, the drive is alive, the FG is much more probable and a TD is still in play.  Combine that with the way the 3rd quarter started and it is probably thought to have cost the team the game.  I don’t agree, but I could see it being seen that way.    The Bills got curb stomped and the coaches blatantly refused to change what wasn’t working until way too late and Brady should get a lashing for his play calls, it’s hard to see Coleman as impressive amongst all that.

Amazingly, though we saw it last week when the Ravens faced the Cowboys, the Bills weren't out of the game at 21-3. As you said, the way they started the third quarter suggested another comeback could be on. There were adjustments, there was control, they looked like a team who had come to play. And then that play call. As an outright play call, it's worse than the 13 seconds series. At least the latter had a semblance of logic to it, even though the execution was dreadful. It will always be the 'go to' for the disaster moment for current Bills, whilst (thankfully for all concerned) this happened in the regular season.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He's exactly what he is. A guy with some speed that is used on gadget plays and is the 3rd or 4th WR. He's a 

I think he’s a good WR when given the chance. I think we are making a mistake using him this way. Get Hollins off the field and play 0 and 1 on the outside all game long 

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He caught two back shoulder perfect passes. He couldn't and can't seperate. And he dropped a ball which is something that we were all told he is great at. 

One nice positive, he had great food control on those back shoulder boundary throws. Very nice getting both feet in bounds while shifting his body back to the ball. That was well done.

Yep. Catching back shoulder passes is a great addition to a WR’s arsenal of ways to be successful, but it can’t be all a guy can do. I’m by no means closing the book on Coleman. It’s early and he’s young. He’s got plenty of time to develop and I’m glad the team is finding a way to get him involved. But posters pointing to a couple back shoulder catches as a real sign of his imminent success is just them grasping at straws.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I feel like we haven’t tried to use him like a regular receiver though. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

I feel like we haven’t tried to use him like a regular receiver though. 

Probably because he's a slot guy and we already have Shakir and Kincaid who are also best out of the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shakir is a very good player but he's not Edleman or Welker.  Maybe he could be if he got a higher volume of targets.

Samuel is a free agent bust either becuase of injury or just lack of skill. $8M for 6 catches in four games!

Hollins has 4 catches in 4 games. On pace for 17 catches which is actually what he has done during most of his career

Coleman can't seperate from anyone. People eviscerated Diggs for a playoff game drop that was far more difficult than the pass Coleman dropped tonight. 

MVS is nonexistent. I mistakenly thought he would be better. Maybe he would if he got some of Hollins' or Samuel's snaps. 

Diggs has 25 receptions 

Five Bills WR combined have 40 receptions

Someone on here said Allen is smiling on the sideline because Diggs is gone. Didn't see Allen smiling tonight. 

I missed your tantrums… they bring me great joy. 

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Khalil Shakir is a legitimate #2 wideout in the league.   Kincaid is a very good tight end in the league.   Coleman is as good as players like KJ Osborn or DJ Chark. 

That said, the Bills are paying Knox, Samuel, Hollins and MVS $27 million dollars to be completely non existent.    

it’s a depressing framing but not entirely unfair at the moment. Hopefully we see Knox/samuel get closer to their ceilings though. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

He is a good receiver.

It seems like we are trying to shoehorn him into a gadget roll like McKenzie instead of what everyone thought he was being brought in for and what was repeatedly talked about by the front office.

The tricky part is that he has ALWAYS been more of a “gadget guy” than a boundary receiver. He was a RB at Ohio State. He is like Deebo. The Bills have no idea how to use him. He should be used in a variety of ways. He should get 3 or 4 carries a game. He should catch 1 or 2 screens and 1 or 2 slants. Get the ball in his hands 8 times a game. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The tricky part is that he has ALWAYS been more of a “gadget guy” than a boundary receiver. He was a RB at Ohio State. He is like Deebo. The Bills have no idea how to use him. He should be used in a variety of ways. He should get 3 or 4 carries a game. He should catch one or 2 screens and 1 or 2 slants. Get the ball in his hands 8 times a game. 

I think they're going to have a come to Jesus moment re: Samuel soon. That game really exposed their scheme and they need to exploit his speed far better than they've done so far. He's legit fast.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I’d really like to see Kincaid and Knox on the field together more with Knox getting steady targets like Kincaid gets. He was a pretty decent weapon not all that long ago. 

Totally agreed.

This offense seems to be built to be a TE, play action team with the ability to create multiple coverage mismatches. For whatever reason we absolutely refused lst night. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Khalil Shakir is a legitimate #2 wideout in the league.   Kincaid is a very good tight end in the league.   Coleman is as good as players like KJ Osborn or DJ Chark. 

That said, the Bills are paying Knox, Samuel, Hollins and MVS $27 million dollars to be completely non existent.    

Plus Tyler Bass, Von Miller, Spencer Brown.  Also, the 31 million we're paying Diggs not to be on the team.   So many overpays...

Just now, Mango said:

Totally agreed.

This offense seems to be built to be a TE, play action team with the ability to create multiple coverage mismatches. For whatever reason we absolutely refused lst night. 

We don't run a lot of play action at all.

Honestly, I don't think that was the way to regroup last night. They had free rushers all night, a half second with Josh's back to the defense sounds like strip sack city.

I think @Simon hit the nail on the head. We needed to hit Cook in the flat, either on designed screens or flares and chew up 6 yards or more if he makes a guy miss for a drive or two to get the Ravens to at least think twice about sending 5 or 6.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

Probably won't happen, but Amari Cooper could be a great help, and very doable.  

That's who I want, but the Browns would have to get to the point where they completely punt on the season. I don't think they're there yet. Also, the whole NFL world is mock-trading every WR on a bad team to KC right now.

We know the Texans have probably what will be the best WR core of the playoff teams.  

Not sure the Bengals make the playoffs.  Same Vegas and Colts.  

So rank the current WR/TE cores and take into account the Chiefs lost Rice and Hollywood:

Chiefs 

Bills

Ravens 

Broncos

Chargers 

Steelers 

Jets 

Edited by Big Blitz

If Rashee Rice is out for the year, on top of already losing Hollywood Brown (likely) for the year, it seems a given that the Chiefs will trade for a WR. 

Right now we effectively have Shakir and rookie Keon Coleman.  Thats it.  

I don’t know what Samuel’s deal is, but he’s a complete non-factor out there so far and MVS/Hollins are depth WR’s. 

If Samuel can’t be anything for us (turf toe or whatever), we’re in pretty much the same position KC is in and it would be malpractice to not trade for a WR.