So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

11 minutes ago, T master said:

WOW ! How quickly the tide turns !! Here's some true Bills fandom right here ! Nothing short of perfection every game would make this guy happy and i'll bet he's one of the McD haters too . 

Lol. 

Perfection is unattainable and my OP does not suggest I am seeking that

And yes I am an unabashed McDermott critic

I will give McDermott some props on his ability to get the team to rebound. He's had maybe 5 or 6 games were the defense is brutalized. He usually gets the team to respond. It's probably his best attribute. 

And I said this in a couple other places, there are few if any teams in the AFC or the NFL for that matter that are that physical and can run that effectively. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

I don’t know if everyone has noticed, but that’s our entire passing offense right now outside of Coleman. Short, quick, passes, with tons of WR screens.

Shades of Chan Gailey offense with Stevie, Donald Jones, and David Nelson.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t know if everyone has noticed, but that’s our entire passing offense right now outside of Coleman. Short, quick, passes, with tons of WR screens.

Yep, and it's getting irritating to watch at times, especially when it's not working like last night.

Those plays are basically like run plays and help keep the defense honest, not necessarily to be run over, and over, and over.  They should help open up the intermediate passing game, which from what I saw last night, wasn't used much, and when it was, it was either covered or Josh was facing pressure and they were in the scramble drill.

Edited by Billz4ever

I think this is an overreaction thread in the heat of the moment. If our ratios hold, we will finish the year with 5 or less total losses, which I think we would be good with? Also, where was this thread during our 3-0 run to start the year? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Samuel is in no way closer to John Brown than he is McKenzie. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Right now Samuel is closer to a PS player,  because they're not playing him.  I love the foundation of Kincaid,  Shakir & Coleman.  But I absolutely hate how useless Samuel, Hollins, MVS & Knox are.

Have to ask, did you have this all written 4 weeks ago, but just figured it wouldn't look good to post this when they keep winning each week.

A better title to this post would be

The WR group looks like a dumpster fire last night!

At least then you'd be right about something.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Samuel is probably the Bills 2nd best WR.  If they can’t figure out how to use him except for gadget plays, they are wasting him and the cap space used to sign him. 

Definitely a headscratcher why we paid him that money to only be used in the role he is unless the staff thinks he's not living up to expectations in practice, which I don't believe is the case or else he wouldn't be playing at all.

Khalil Shakir is a legitimate #2 wideout in the league.   Kincaid is a very good tight end in the league.   Coleman is as good as players like KJ Osborn or DJ Chark. 

That said, the Bills are paying Knox, Samuel, Hollins and MVS $27 million dollars to be completely non existent.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We’ve been begging for more YAC for Josh and now we’re complaining about it?

No.

I like YAC. I don't like short YAC routes being the only club in the bag, much like I didn't like the intermediate to deep game being the only club in the bag.

The best offensive strategy is to be able to do everything. That's why the best offenses in history weren't JUST small ball YAC or JUST deep threats. They did it all and did it excellently.

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t understand why people didn’t come out of this game impressed by Coleman

9 hours ago, Simon said:

The mistake he made on the drop was just too glaring for folks to see everything else probably

I think Simon is hitting it on the head.  Also, the volume just wasn’t there.  He did well with what he got, but the one drop was a huge one.  If he makes that, the drive is alive, the FG is much more probable and a TD is still in play.  Combine that with the way the 3rd quarter started and it is probably thought to have cost the team the game.  I don’t agree, but I could see it being seen that way.    The Bills got curb stomped and the coaches blatantly refused to change what wasn’t working until way too late and Brady should get a lashing for his play calls, it’s hard to see Coleman as impressive amongst all that.

16 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think this is an overreaction thread in the heat of the moment. If our ratios hold, we will finish the year with 5 or less total losses, which I think we would be good with? Also, where was this thread during our 3-0 run to start the year? 

to be fair, I think there was a lot of shouting down of questions about the unit because we were highly ranked in scoring 

there were people questioning though

Dump the everybody eats here and get the best guys on the field. Coleman is showing he can make plays. Shakir clearly separated and Samuel needs to be starting. 13/15 are your backups. Or preferably not even on the team but … you need to stop playing games here. We have good players on offense. Get them on the field. Stop trying to outthink the room

• Like (+1) 1