So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

15 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Couple of things -

1) weeks 2 and 3 the bills packed the passing offense in by halftime due to their leads, so it’s very tough to sit here and use their season stats as a benchmark against teams who are chucking the ball for 60 minutes in tight games

2) You are the second person to be “disappointed” in a player on this team not being to the quality of a hall of famer.  Kincaid is not Kelce, and Shakir is not Welker.  Anyone who thinks that is simply inviting disappointment.

3) the offense is built to leverage the line of scrimmage and use the run game to open the pass. They didn’t establish the run enough last night.  That was a mistake that cost the entire offense.

4) they lost to a top 5 team in the league.  It’s going to happen.  I’m giving these receivers another few weeks before claiming anything as bold as you

These are all fair and rationale points.

Will be interesting to revisit this in a few weeks and see what if any adjustments Brady makes

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

So you can't because it's entirely made up.

Can you show us the dozens of post game threads?

Making stuff up to complain about is weak sauce.

I made a post that said I needed to see all 22 first but from what they showed on tv it looked like Coleman was wide open. A fraction of a second longer it may have been a big play. But the all 22 showed that was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I was hoping we had an open guy downfield. That’s rough.

But the blame, all around, is on Brady. He did not set that play up for success. These type of plays work when you put the wildcat formation on film and show teams that you run the ball with it. 

This makes teams practice for defending the run when you go in this formation. It makes LB’s and S’s and even the defensive coordinator creep players up to stop the run when you enter this formation.

But to just toss this out there, willy nilly, with absolutely no prior basis, then teams are going to defend both the run and the pass and this will never work.

Im really disappointed in how poor Brady was last night. Mostly because i’ve been so impressed with him. Such a pendulum shift.

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I made a post that said I needed to see all 22 first but from what they showed on tv it looked like Coleman was wide open. A fraction of a second longer it may have been a big play. But the all 22 showed that was wrong. 

Did you say that Shakir was definitely wide open and that Brady was a genius because of it?

You certainly did not.

And I don't believe anybody else did either.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Diggs had 1 touchdown over the last 8 games and two over the last 10 last year.

Went the last 11 games of last season without a 100-yard game, 6 of the last 8 games with 4 catches or less.

Crazy how some people have a much different memory of how last season went.

Memory is fine. Please also remember the two 80+ yard bombs Allen missed to a wife open Diggs in those games as well.

And that production you described would still be better than any WR on the roster right now by far.

Beane made the team worse by getting rid of Diggs because McD and/or Allen couldn't play with him any longer. 

It's the worst group of WR since 2018. Said it before training camp and it's still true

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

So you can't because it's entirely made up.

Can you show us the dozens of post game threads?

Making stuff up to complain about is weak sauce.

Not making anything up…go back and read the “Brady’s Playcall” thread…

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Colman made some nice plays after the drop. He needs to be involved more. Get Hollins out of here. Samuel is being used like McKenzie. Get him at WR and leave him there. He is a good WR. Probably the best we have. Stop trying to use him like a misfit part and just let him play WR. He’s more John Brown than McKenzie. Stop this 

Samuel is in no way closer to John Brown than he is McKenzie. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

These are all fair and rationale points.

Will be interesting to revisit this in a few weeks and see what if any adjustments Brady makes

He absolutely has to.  The Ravens and Chiefs' defenses are too good to dink and dunk for 60 minutes.  Need to establish the run to create play action.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Memory is fine. Please also remember the two 80+ yard bombs Allen missed to a wife open Diggs in those games as well.

And that production you described would still be better than any WR on the roster right now by far.

Beane made the team worse by getting rid of Diggs because McD and/or Allen couldn't play with him any longer. 

It's the worst group of WR since 2018. Said it before training camp and it's still true

There's no benefit to keeping a guy around to be a locker room cancer who doesn't want to be there.

The passing game was perfectly fine until last night, where questionable play calling and good defensive scheming had blitzers repeatedly almost unblocked or completely unblocked in Josh's face most of the night.

Diggs is not coming through that door and you're going to have a tough time explaining how he makes much of a difference anyway based on his play the entire second half of last season, when we were winning without him doing much of anything. It was abundantly clear he was not a major cog in Brady's offense and not sure how that would be any different this season if he was still here just getting mad he's not getting the ball.

Edited by Billz4ever

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It’s not a dumpster fire but what I saw tonight was a WR group that’s extremely limited in certain game scripts.  This was my biggest concern with how the position was addressed.

Tonight the Bills fell behind and they needed to get open deep downfield and really no one could.  

I was fine with moving on from Diggs but always felt that the Bills didn’t do enough to replace him.

yup. I think all these guys belong in the league and we can have a bunch of good weeks with them… but also anticipate having some challenging matchups or situations because we are lacking a guy that can just win the matchup on their own as consistently as some units have. 

I was at the game, watched the plays unfold. Very little to no separation from Ravens coverage until the broken play long ball to Shakir.  Extremely disappointed in Samuel and Hollins. MVS was he even playing? Coleman will be improving for sure but seems like most of his catches are on 50/50 balls. 

Unfortunately the TV talking heads seem to be more right than wrong about the WR crew.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Samuel Is a good WR. We are trying to use him in some gadget role and wasting him. Let him play WR and he will be the best guy we have.

He is a good receiver.

It seems like we are trying to shoehorn him into a gadget roll like McKenzie instead of what everyone thought he was being brought in for and what was repeatedly talked about by the front office.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Samuel Is a good WR. We are trying to use him in some gadget role and wasting him. Let him play WR and he will be the best guy we have.

He is a gadget guy though. Wasting him? What were you expecting exactly?  

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

He is a good receiver.

It seems like we are trying to shoehorn him into a gadget roll like McKenzie instead of what everyone thought he was being brought in for and what was repeatedly talked about by the front office.

I don’t know if everyone has noticed, but that’s our entire passing offense right now outside of Coleman. Short, quick, passes, with tons of WR screens.

• Like (+1) 1