So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

7 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That’s the Ravens defense which had the worse pass D record heading into week four, IIRC?

Okay, so we just disregard the first three weeks of what we saw from the offense? I hate to break it to you guys, but sometimes we play "bad defenses on paper" and still get stifled. Look at the infamous Jags game in 2021. It happens. If it KEEPS happening, then I get it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ClosetFan said:

Funny, I didn't see this thread last week . . .

It’s OK to be critical when your team gets smashed. There has been plenty of praise to go around this season, and rightfully so. It’s the big leagues. Everyone will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That’s the Ravens defense which had the worse pass D record heading into week four, IIRC?

So just ignore what we saw the first three weeks on offense then? 

The Ravens obviously came in prepared and were able to do to us what they did to Dallas the week before(though Dallas had a little better of a comeback). I am going to wait and see how the next few weeks go before I decide this offense is a disaster or not.

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Yes I would agree. Dolphins, Cardinals and Jags. No good defenses to be found there 

How does this make sense and what does it mean? If those teams don't have a good defense, and The Ravens allegedly don't have a good defense, what went wrong? Why were we able to score at ease on three "bad defenses" but not on the allegedly worst one?? How does this make sense?

Can we just admit Baltimore is a really good team? They always are. I don't care what stats say about their defense. I watch them enough to see how physical and tough they are. I saw what they were doing to Dallas last week, till they took the foot off the gas. They are a tough, physical team, and we had no answers for them.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Shakir, Kincaid, and Coleman looked good.  What we were lacking more in this game was a hammer at RB.  It’s clear that they don’t want Josh taking as many hits on designed runs early in the season, but we don’t currently have a RB who can move the pile against a physical defense like the Ravens.  The 2nd and 3rd down runs were wasted plays last night and ended numerous drives.  

6 hours ago, MPT said:

Maybe you can enlighten us about the Ravens' defensive formations. That would probably increase the quality of the thread and better inform us. 

I've yapped enough about it in multiple threads.

Time to shut up an put the mic down before it gets too annoying.

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Yup, that was DOA

I imagine every defense we play will watch what the Ravens just did.

We struggled badly outside and Keon consistently making contested catches is not sustainable. He might actually be best suited to play in the slot. 

Curtis Samuel being a non factor is not surprising. I don't know why anyone expected him to be more than what he's been his entire career. 

Hopefully this game isn't a sign of things to come 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Sad 1

Ravens came out 1-2 with a playoff intensity.  Took the Bills a half to settle in.  Still was able to play decent till the turnover.  However WR play was not good.  Some concerns. We shall see next week how they adjust 

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Ravens came out 1-2 with a playoff intensity.  Took the Bills a half to settle in.  Still was able to play decent till the turnover.  However WR play was not good.  Some concerns. We shall see next week how they adjust 

I am a little scared of the Texans game. I wish it was in Buffalo. They have looked "okay" on offense, but I have a feeling against our D they are going to come alive. They have so much talent in their offense, and I am sure the Texans have a specific gameplan for Diggs against his former team.

If we don't have Shakir, I am sick :(

Couple of things -

1) weeks 2 and 3 the bills packed the passing offense in by halftime due to their leads, so it’s very tough to sit here and use their season stats as a benchmark against teams who are chucking the ball for 60 minutes in tight games

2) You are the second person to be “disappointed” in a player on this team not being to the quality of a hall of famer.  Kincaid is not Kelce, and Shakir is not Welker.  Anyone who thinks that is simply inviting disappointment.

3) the offense is built to leverage the line of scrimmage and use the run game to open the pass. They didn’t establish the run enough last night.  That was a mistake that cost the entire offense.

4) they lost to a top 5 team in the league.  It’s going to happen.  I’m giving these receivers another few weeks before claiming anything as bold as you

• Like (+1) 1

Once again is it really surprising, we had zero money to bring in any real WR talent.  Samuel is not even close to the answer and is huge bust already.   And the Hodge podge receivers corps we put together this year is not even worthy of any starting teams WR#1 - WR#3 starting WR corp.  We missed in the draft this year and had a chance to get a good receiver but we blew that too, Ladd McConkey is who team should have taken.   Coleman has no chance of being WR#1 or WR#2 on this team.  Speed and skilled WR's that can run routes is everything in this league and last night we got smothered because we have a total lack of it at WR,  and also being able to catch the ball is still priority #1 when you draft a WR which this team had exposed last night.  Last night our WR's looked abysmal.  Shakir will not be a true #1 WR.  This year we might make the playoffs with this team and even then it will be 1 and done.  Sorry but the truth hurts.

Scrap the Hollins BS. The guy is a bottom of the roster role player on an average team. He shouldn’t be even close to seeing the field let alone starting. Stop the gadget garbage with Samuel. He’s the most accomplished WR we have. 0 1 and 10. Those are the WRs. Stop being cute and get the guys that can play on the field as much as possible 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Once again is it really surprising, we had zero money to bring in any real WR talent.  Samuel is not even close to the answer and is huge bust already.   And the Hodge podge receivers corps we put together this year is not even worthy of any starting teams WR#1 - WR#3 starting WR corp.  We missed in the draft this year and had a chance to get a good receiver but we blew that too, Ladd McConkey is who team should have taken.   Coleman has no chance of being WR#1 or WR#2 on this team.  Speed and skilled WR's that can run routes is everything in this league and last night we got smothered because we have a total lack of it at WR,  and also being able to catch the ball is still priority #1 when you draft a WR which this team had exposed last night.  Last night our WR's looked abysmal.  Shakir will not be a true #1 WR.  This year we might make the playoffs with this team and even then it will be 1 and done.  Sorry but the truth hurts.

Like McConkey is a hero.  Just stop.

46 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yup, that was DOA

Thank you…I read elsewhere that Shakir or some other receiver was wide open down field and Brady would be a genius if Josh got rid of the ball a split second sooner. 

Just now, mannc said:

Thank you…I read elsewhere that Shakir or some other receiver was wide open down field and Brady would be a genius if Josh got rid of the ball a split second sooner. 

Can you show us where you read that?

Colman made some nice plays after the drop. He needs to be involved more. Get Hollins out of here. Samuel is being used like McKenzie. Get him at WR and leave him there. He is a good WR. Probably the best we have. Stop trying to use him like a misfit part and just let him play WR. He’s more John Brown than McKenzie. Stop this 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shakir is a very good player but he's not Edleman or Welker.  Maybe he could be if he got a higher volume of targets.

Samuel is a free agent bust either becuase of injury or just lack of skill. $8M for 6 catches in four games!

Hollins has 4 catches in 4 games. On pace for 17 catches which is actually what he has done during most of his career

Coleman can't seperate from anyone. People eviscerated Diggs for a playoff game drop that was far more difficult than the pass Coleman dropped tonight. 

MVS is nonexistent. I mistakenly thought he would be better. Maybe he would if he got some of Hollins' or Samuel's snaps. 

Diggs has 25 receptions 

Five Bills WR combined have 40 receptions

Someone on here said Allen is smiling on the sideline because Diggs is gone. Didn't see Allen smiling tonight. 

Diggs had 1 touchdown over the last 8 games and two over the last 10 last year.

Went the last 11 games of last season without a 100-yard game, 6 of the last 8 games with 4 catches or less.

Crazy how some people have a much different memory of how last season went.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, mannc said:

In one of the dozens of post-game threads here…

So you can't because it's entirely made up.

Can you show us the dozens of post game threads?

Making stuff up to complain about is weak sauce.