So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

Just now, SCBills said:

Shakir is very good. 

Coleman impressed me tonight.  He catches that deep shot 8/9 times out of 10 and if teams want to play him single coverage on the outside, im throwing those sidelines back shoulder/jump ball an obnoxious amount of times. 

The rest of the WR room (Samuel/MVS/Hollins) look to have failed their first big test.   

I don’t understand why people didn’t come out of this game impressed by Coleman

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shakir is very good. 

Coleman impressed me tonight.  He catches that deep shot 8/9 times out of 10 and if teams want to play him single coverage on the outside, im throwing those sidelines back shoulder/jump ball an obnoxious amount of times. 

The rest of the WR room (Samuel/MVS/Hollins) look to have failed their first big test.   

We need to start using Coleman like the Bucs use Mike Evans. If he’s one on one we need to start throwing him the ball and trusting that he will win those battles. Hopefully this is his evolution. 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The mistake he made on the drop was just too glaring for folks to see everything else probably

• Agree 1

Damn, and I am usually one of the more negative ones here. I think Shakir is pretty effing awesome. I don't get this take at all. Honestly, the offense had been lighting it up for three weeks straight. One dire game is not going to make me think this offense sucks suddenly. I need to see how they adjust before I start thinking that. Baltimore's D was just TOO good and we had no answers for them.

11 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Damn, and I am usually one of the more negative ones here. I think Shakir is pretty effing awesome. I don't get this take at all. Honestly, the offense had been lighting it up for three weeks straight. One dire game is not going to make me think this offense sucks suddenly. I need to see how they adjust before I start thinking that. Baltimore's D was just TOO good and we had no answers for them.

Out negative-ing the overly negative gameday thread posters is very hard to do 🤣 

19 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We need to start using Coleman like the Bucs use Mike Evans. If he’s one on one we need to start throwing him the ball and trusting that he will win those battles. Hopefully this is his evolution. 

Love this

I think I said at one point in preseason he reminded me a little of Evans👍👍

17 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

That’s the Ravens defense which had the worse pass D record heading into week four, IIRC?

32 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it’s because the drop was a key moment in the first half, where all momentum drained away to the Ravens and the Bills didn’t regain it until the third quarter. Coleman himself recovered well.

46 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Sweet hot take

Not a hot take. 

Many of us have had ocncernszabout WR group as a hole for a long time

23 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Baltimore had the worst pass defense in the league going into that game. 

30 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's a good take. Coleman is an inch shorter and 15-20pounds lighter but it's still a good idea. At his height he is going to be able to out jump many CB and Safeties.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

That’s the Ravens defense which had the worse pass D record heading into week four, IIRC?

Making claims like that about a defense after only three weeks when 66% of their games were against the cowboys and chiefs is pretty wild lol. If this was week 10 or something then yea go nuts with that 

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

The mistake he made on the drop was just too glaring for folks to see everything else probably

And I’ve said it a bunch now, Coleman absolutely torched his defender one on one and was running down field for a would be long TD on the play OCyrus got worked and they sacked Allen quickly.  

The kid then got open downfield again next drive and that was the one he dropped.  And I am pretty sure it was Coleman running open deep down field that Allen tried to launch the ball too on the stupid trick play where Allen got stripped on the attempt.  

I really feel like this is the game where when they go back and look at the film they realize they need to get this kid going early moving forward.  And if they can get the Allen-Coleman connection humming, this offense is going to benefit greatly.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He caught two back shoulder perfect passes. He couldn't and can't seperate. And he dropped a ball which is something that we were all told he is great at. 

One nice positive, he had great food control on those back shoulder boundary throws. Very nice getting both feet in bounds while shifting his body back to the ball. That was well done.

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He caught two back shoulder perfect passes. He couldn't and can't seperate. And he dropped a ball which is something that we were all told he is great at. 

One nice positive, he had great food control on those back shoulder boundary throws. Very nice getting both feet in bounds while shifting his body back to the ball. That was well done.

He separated several times tonight, and deep.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not a hot take. 

Many of us have had ocncernszabout WR group as a hole for a long time

Baltimore had the worst pass defense in the league going into that game. 

It's a good take. Coleman is an inch shorter and 15-20pounds lighter but it's still a good idea. At his height he is going to be able to out jump many CB and Safeties.

Worst pass defense in the league after three games is the funniest thing getting parroted here 😂. Say what you will about the cowboys in the playoffs but they light it up in the regular season, then they had the chiefs week 1.  That’s 66% percent of their games right there. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The kid then got open downfield again next drive and that was the one he dropped.

If he turns to secure that ball instead of getting greedy and trying to turn it into 6, he makes that play 9/10 times.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And I am pretty sure it was Coleman running open deep down field that Allen tried to launch the ball too on the stupid trick play where Allen got stripped on the attempt.

Yeah, I think he was coming free there too and that was the only reason Josh exposed himself to a bad hit because he saw a potential TD there.

The All22 will tell teh tale.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Worst pass defense in the league after three games is the funniest thing getting parroted here 😂. Say what you will about the cowboys in the playoffs but they light it up in the regular season, then they had the chiefs week 1.  That’s 66% percent of their games right there. 

That's fair.

Then you would probably agree the Bills #1 scoring offense was a mirage as well given it was only 3 games? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

If he turns to secure that ball instead of getting greedy and trying to turn it into 6, he makes that play 9/10 times.

Agreed

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yeah, I think he was coming free there too and that was the only reason Josh exposed himself to a bad hit because he saw a potential TD there.

The All22 will tell teh tale.

Yeah they focused so much on the fumble and if Josh was hurt on the replay I had to rely more on what the announcers were saying who mentioned it was Coleman coming open.  So yeah, will be interesting to see what that crap show play was looking like downfield on the All 22.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

And the Raiders were their other game…