So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

14 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shakir is a very good player but he's not Edleman or Welker.  Maybe he could be if he got a higher volume of targets.

Samuel is a free agent bust either becuase of injury or just lack of skill. $8M for 6 catches in four games!

Hollins has 4 catches in 4 games. On pace for 17 catches which is actually what he has done during most of his career

Coleman can't seperate from anyone. People eviscerated Diggs for a playoff game drop that was far more difficult than the pass Coleman dropped tonight. 

MVS is nonexistent. I mistakenly thought he would be better. Maybe he would if he got some of Hollins' or Samuel's snaps. 

Diggs has 25 receptions 

Five Bills WR combined have 40 receptions

Someone on here said Allen is smiling on the sideline because Diggs is gone. Didn't see Allen smiling tonight. 

I agree and I want to add to it by saying Coleman is a suped up version of Isiah Hodgins same guy but Coleman cost a 2nd Rd pick and Isaiah is just looking for roster spot.

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

They didn't have answers to the pressure Josh was facing all night.  That's the reason why the WR room looked bad.

Philosophically they need to take those 6 Mac Hollins targets and get them to Coleman. 

The best blessing from the game was that JA17 didn’t get concussed or have his arm torn off.  We need to score first and fast to hold off these bull rushes.  When we play KC and Ravens in post season, we’ll have a better chance when we get our starters back, but we’ll still need to score first and fast.  Go Bills !!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Simon said:

The Ravens entire coverage scheme was predicated on taking away the WR corps downfield.

They were dropping into a shell right from the get go and mixing in blitzes to force teh Bills to not have time to attakc them downfield

Radio show today said almost the opposite.  Heavy boxes to take away the run and fast attack the screen plays that Buffalo likes to do. They were daring Josh to throw deep knowing we don't separate well and it worked. The blitzes did wreck what was being called the best Oline in the NFL. I couldn't fully believe that was true though. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Also, the volume just wasn’t there.  He did well with what he got, but the one drop was a huge one.

One thing I will say is it took Brady too long to give him that volume. We were getting killed so bad by the Ravens pressure looks that we started going max protect and sending out 2 or 3 man routes. Too often in those situations the Ravens dropped back instead of actually blitzing and all of a sudden we have 2 WRs running towards 5 secondary players. No way that's going to work. We lost that chess match big time.

Eventually Brady spread out all his pass catchers and that's when Josh started hitting Coleman in 1v1 sideline coverage. By then it was too little too late. Hopefully Coleman showed enough on those plays to make Brady and Josh trust it more going forward. That back shoulder needs to become a staple of our offense, make defenses at least think about just crowding the middle and leaving Coleman on an island.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

And then Coleman rattled off a few tough catches that second half 2023 diggs was not making…he looks pretty good to me 

that game was just one tag teamed OC/QB terrible decision away from being competitive 

also bonus round…the game where Diggs piled up the bulk of those catches the Texans lost 

There were people in the game thread declaring Coleman was a bust last night FFS. This place is ridiculous at times.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic