So far WR group looks like a dumpster fire

Shakir is a very good player but he's not Edleman or Welker.  Maybe he could be if he got a higher volume of targets.

Samuel is a free agent bust either becuase of injury or just lack of skill. $8M for 6 catches in four games!

Hollins has 4 catches in 4 games. On pace for 17 catches which is actually what he has done during most of his career

Coleman can't seperate from anyone. People eviscerated Diggs for a playoff game drop that was far more difficult than the pass Coleman dropped tonight. 

MVS is nonexistent. I mistakenly thought he would be better. Maybe he would if he got some of Hollins' or Samuel's snaps. 

Diggs has 25 receptions 

Five Bills WR combined have 40 receptions

Someone on here said Allen is smiling on the sideline because Diggs is gone. Didn't see Allen smiling tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shakir is a very good player but he's not Edleman or Welker.  Maybe he could be if he got a higher volume of targets.

Samuel is a free agent bust either becuase of injury or just lack of skill. $8M for 6 catches in four games!

Hollins has 4 catches in 4 games. On pace for 17 catches which is actually what he has done during most of his career

Coleman can't seperate from anyone. People eviscerated Diggs for a playoff game drop that was far more difficult than the pass Coleman dropped tonight. 

MVS is nonexistent. I mistakenly thought he would be better. Maybe he would if he got some of Hollins' or Samuel's snaps. 

Diggs has 25 receptions 

Someone on here said Allen is smiling on the sideline because Diggs is gone. Didn't see Allen smiling tonight. 

And then Coleman rattled off a few tough catches that second half 2023 diggs was not making…he looks pretty good to me 

that game was just one tag teamed OC/QB terrible decision away from being competitive 

also bonus round…the game where Diggs piled up the bulk of those catches the Texans lost 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Diggs has 25 receptions 

I

It’s not a dumpster fire but what I saw tonight was a WR group that’s extremely limited in certain game scripts.  This was my biggest concern with how the position was addressed.

Tonight the Bills fell behind and they needed to get open deep downfield and really no one could.  

I was fine with moving on from Diggs but always felt that the Bills didn’t do enough to replace him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Diggs has 25 receptions 

I want you to justify that take by telling us what the Ravens D ran tonight.

When you can't I'll be locking this thread eventually and re-opening the other WR thread which was significantly higher in quality and more informed.

Not trying to be a jerk; just letting you know why it's going to happen.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

It’s not a dumpster fire but what I saw tonight was a WR group that’s extremely limited in certain game scripts.  This was my biggest concern with how the position was addressed.

Tonight the Bills fell behind and they needed to get open deep downfield and really no one could.  

I was fine with moving on from Diggs but always felt that the Bills didn’t do enough to replace him.

They really didn’t need to abandon anything…the full playbook was open in the mid third which is what makes that call/the game even more strange lol 

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The Ravens entire coverage scheme was predicated on taking away the WR corps downfield.

They were dropping into a shell right from the get go and mixing in blitzes to force teh Bills to not have time to attakc them downfield

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Shakir is great, crapping on him because he got dinged a bit and the Ravens sat on(took away the RAC) him all night is a bit much, and Coleman got going as the game went on.

He wasn’t crapping on Shakir.  I get what’s he means.  Shakir is a good slot WR but not good enough to be the first option in a passing attack.  The Bills need more pieces than just him.  

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Shakir is great, crapping on him because he got dinged a bit and the Ravens sat on(took away the RAC) him all night is a bit much, and Coleman got going as the game went on.

I have absolutely no problem how we're using Shakir, Kincaid & Coleman. It's the 4 some of Samuel, Hollins, MVS & Knox that are useless. Is it Brady not properly using them or is it something else?  We still don't have a legit X speed guy on go routes. This is what happens when you draft just 1 wr.

Shakir is very good. 

Coleman impressed me tonight.  He catches that deep shot 8/9 times out of 10 and if teams want to play him single coverage on the outside, im throwing those sidelines back shoulder/jump ball an obnoxious amount of times. 

The rest of the WR room (Samuel/MVS/Hollins) look to have failed their first big test.   

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Ravens entire coverage scheme was predicated on taking away the WR corps downfield.

They were dropping into a shell right from the get go and mixing in blitzes to force teh Bills to not have time to attakc them downfield

When they fell behind early, there were times when Josh had time in the pocket and couldn’t find anyone.  Also for a team that plays cover 2 shell it didn’t look like the Bills had receivers open underneath

Just now, JohnNord said:

When they fell behind early, there were times when Josh had time in the pocket and couldn’t find anyone.  Also for a team that plays cover 2 shell it didn’t look like the Bills had receivers open underneath

They didn't in the middle of the field because the Ravens were flooding it.

There was room in the flats that Brady refused to adjust to, imo.

• Agree 1