Brady’s Play Call = L

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Its almost like they had two weeks to correct issues and played better than they did in that raiders game 😂 the superbowl champion chiefs lost to the raiders last year 

And the Chiefs were not good last year. If we didn't have the most injuries on defense in the entire league or had a halfway decent game plan in the playoffs we would have won the Super Bowl pretty easily last year.

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I still have 10 minutes of hell to watch, but I’m getting this out now. Joe Brady did a fireable thing. If the Bills started off the season like crap, and this play happened, I’d be done with him.

ALL THE MOMENTUM BELONGED TO YOU!!!!

…..PUT THE BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AT RECEIVER, THEN, RUN AT HIM WITH THE BALL, AS THE DEFENDERS PURSUE, TOSS IT TO HIM ANYWAYS IN THE MOST AWKARD WAY…. AND WHAT……

Watch the entire game be lost. What an idiotic call, and at the worst time. Truly stupid. YOU DIDN’T NEED TO DO TRICKS, BRADY!!!!

You nailed it.

As atrocious as the first half was, you could sense the Bills coming back. 

Bills defense started the second half by forcing two straight three-and-outs! 

The Bills were back in the game, there was no need to do a play like this, especially with so much game left to play.

That play was a demoralizer, and the Bills never recovered. 

I'm not saying Brady should be fired, but he has to be held accountable for that terrible call.

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

Getting beat 35-10 with our roster is crazy. You could completely remove all our coaches from the game and do better than that. They clearly had no plan for Henry and no plan on to take advantage of the Ravens' weak underneath coverage. 

Kincaid and Shakir should have had 100+ yards each this game. They barely got that total together. 

This is not rocket science. The less stupid team usually wins. Unfortunately we are very stupid in important games.

This seems delusional. We have a huge lack of talent on defense right now. Like 5-6 players on the field right now would not be starters for most teams in this league.

Dorian Williams, Spector, Rapp, Hamlin, Cam Lewis, Cole Bishop, even maybe Epenesa. These guys are backup quality, and we shouldn’t be shocked when they have a hard time. The offense needs to make up for it. Things will hopefully improve when some players return and Bishop gets some game experience.

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

And the Chiefs were not good last year. If we didn't have the most injuries on defense in the entire league or had a halfway decent game plan in the playoffs we would have won the Super Bowl pretty easily last year.

People think if we get past the Chiefs one of these times we just win the Super Bowl. Had we done it in 13 seconds we would have played the team that actually made the Super Bowl and then the team that won it. Last year we would have played these Ravens and a 49ers team that should have beat KC in the Super Bowl twice. Beating KC is one thing we need to accomplish. But plenty more is after it.

Just now, HappyDays said:

So in your opinion, Mahomes wins the game tonight if he's our QB? Or what is the point of this post?

I think Mahomes calls a time out and asks Reid what he’s smoking with that play call . Or protects the ball, takes the sack (no fumble) and try on, I believe it would have been, 3&7, but apologies if I recall incorrectly. 

It felt Josh… and especially Brady… were pushing it when they didn’t need to. The offense was rolling; the trick play which was then executed badly was not needed. I honestly believe with sensible play calling and execution it would have been 21-17 - Bass notwithstanding - after that drive and the game would have unfolded very differently.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fwiw.. I haven’t seen an OC get cooked on social media for a play call like this in a long time….

Every talking head wants everyone to know how idiotic that play was, in that moment.  

And…. Good.  That needs to never happen again. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

This seems delusional. We have a huge lack of talent on defense right now. Like 5-6 players on the field right now would not be starters for most teams in this league.

Dorian Williams, Spector, Rapp, Hamlin, Cam Lewis, Cole Bishop, even maybe Epenesa. These guys are backup quality, and we shouldn’t be shocked when they have a hard time. The offense needs to make up for it. Things will hopefully improve when some players return and Bishop gets some game experience.

Those are all NFL-quality starters. You are comparing them to All-Pros like Milano and Johnson. Only the Bills' coaching staff needs All-Pros at multiple positions to do things like-- oh I don't know-- preventing old, slow ass Derrick Henry from running 90 yards for a TD.

4 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

People think if we get past the Chiefs one of these times we just win the Super Bowl. Had we done it in 13 seconds we would have played the team that actually made the Super Bowl and then the team that won it. Last year we would have played these Ravens and a 49ers team that should have beat KC in the Super Bowl twice. Beating KC is one thing we need to accomplish. But plenty more is after it.

Well yeah if you beat the team that won the Super Bowl then you probably win the Super Bowl...

• Disagree 1

Just now, MPT said:

Those are all NFL-quality starters. You are comparing them to All-Pros like Milano and Johnson. Only the Bills' coaching staff needs All-Pros at multiple positions to do things like-- oh I don't know-- preventing old, slow ass Derrick Henry from running 90 yards for a TD.

No, they really aren’t. Spector and Williams are mid-round picks that are backups this year. They are only playing because of injury. Same with Cam Lewis.

Hamlin and Rapp were backups last year and are only starting because our starters retired or left and we had no cap to replace them. They are the worst starting safety tandem in the league based on talent. Bishop is a rookie. Most second round rookies don’t start.

Epenesa is a JAG and might be in the rotation for some teams, but not get the snap % he gets for us. We had to do that because Von Miller can only play on obvious passing downs and soaks up all of the cap.

Bottom line is half this defense is actual backups, or “starters” that are forced to start because our cap is upside down.

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think Mahomes calls a time out and asks Reid what he’s smoking with that play call . Or protects the ball, takes the sack (no fumble) and try on, I believe it would have been, 3&7, but apologies if I recall incorrectly. 

It felt Josh… and especially Brady… were pushing it when they didn’t need to. The offense was rolling; the trick play which was then executed badly was not needed. I honestly believe with sensible play calling and execution it would have been 21-17 - Bass notwithstanding - after that drive and the game would have unfolded very differently.

And then Andy would have sent him back out there and called it again. The chiefs do stuff like that all the time. 
The difference is when Samuel got the ball he should have just ate it instead of seeing 4 guys surrounding Josh. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

No, they really aren’t. Spector and Williams are mid-round picks that are backups this year. They are only playing because of injury. Same with Cam Lewis.

Hamlin and Rapp were backups last year and are only starting because our starters retired or left and we had no cap to replace them. They are the worst starting safety tandem in the league based on talent. Bishop is a rookie. Most second round rookies don’t start.

Epenesa is a JAG and might be in the rotation for some teams, but not get the snap % he gets for us. We had to do that because Von Miller can only play on obvious passing downs and soaks up all of the cap.

Bottom line is half this defense is actual backups, or “starters” that are forced to start because our cap is upside down. 

What? Yeah, some players become starters when others retire. That's how sports work. Hamlin maybe doesn't start without an injury but Rapp was always going to be our starting safety. Epenesa is a rotational player and always has been. Most other teams don't have better starters than what we put on the field tonight. We just had an unbelievably bad game plan on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Last week, everybody was concerned that Brady was going to be poached to be a head coach because of his brilliance

This week, everybody wants him fired

Everybody? EVERYBODY?! The world would be so much better without hyperbole. Don't be so dense.

Brady had good game plans against bad defenses. He had a garbage game plan against a good defense. If he learns anything from this game we'll be fine. If he doesn't, we probably won't get any further than we've been before 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Whatever side Ricard lines up on the Ravens run Henry to that side, if Lamar pulls it then he’s going to the weak side 90% of the time.  

Apparently an NFL defensive coordinator doesn't pick up on such simple concepts.

2 hours ago, Murdox said:

Given the offensive line was struggling in pass protection, it was not a good call.  This was one of the worst games I've seen under McDermott, and he's laid a bunch of eggs.  They were completely outclassed by the guys on the other side of the field.  The Ravens watched film on the Bills and they had Brady's number. 

I'm not sure whether we should be worried, or whether we just matched up poorly with the Ravens tonight.  But, I do know the Ravens will be in the playoffs so we need to be able to keep up with them, which we didn't do at all tonight.

Let's hope some of our starters on defense get healthy.  We need them badly.

Yes one of the poorest jobs of coaching in Mc13's career. Brady better burn that play right out of the playbook. Almost got Josh killed. He still injured himself on that play. Definitely the worst designed trick play in Bills history. 

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

Everybody? EVERYBODY?! The world would be so much better without hyperbole. Don't be so dense.

Brady had good game plans against bad defenses. He had a garbage game plan against a good defense. If he learns anything from this game we'll be fine. If he doesn't, we probably won't get any further than we've been before 

Apparently an NFL defensive coordinator doesn't pick up on such simple concepts.

Playing small ball Nickel defense against a team with 2 TEs, Ricard & Henry is not a good idea.

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Playing small ball Nickel defense against a team with 2 TEs, Ricard & Henry is not a good idea.

Yep we were always a bad matchup for the Ravens because we never come out of nickel and that's exactly what the Ravens want to see. Would have been nice to see a defensive game plan that actually catered to our opponent instead of the same exact crap that got us blown out the last time we faced a team with the same identity.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Part of its on josh…he definitely saw Keon about to beat the defense and decided to hang in there and try to make the throw.  Could’ve probably eaten it there to minimize the damage or thrown it away.  There’s no way Brady intended it to go down like that 🤣 still a bad call though of course 

I agree.  I thought the same thing.  Josh tried to make a play when the better move would’ve been to take a sack.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes one of the poorest jobs of coaching in Mc13's career. Brady better burn that play right out of the playbook. Almost got Josh killed. He still injured himself on that play. Definitely the worst designed trick play in Bills history. 

Second worst😂😂