Brady’s Play Call = L

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Brady has been excellent this year coming into tonight.  Im not going to condemn him after one game where we were dominated in all areas of the game on both sides of the ball.  

But…that was a learning moment.  It was incredibly stupid play call.  Down 2 scores on the road while you have momentum you stay calm and keep playing your game and do what is working.  You don’t run a risky play there that quite frankly was just a bad play design from the get go.   

It really hurt the team and a case can be made it cost us any chance of getting back into this game.  

But let’s see how he and the offense responds next week.  

Yeah you stick with what's working until they stop it. As far as reaction it did feel like Josh came back in pissed and that's also when he started slinging it to Coleman.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m usually a defender of Josh but I think some of the Brady blame belongs on him there…could easily throw that ball away and just take on the 3rd and 7.  He made that bad playcalling decision exponentially worse 

Definitely should have dropped and took the loss, but good god… you’ve gained the momentum, your D is forcing punts, your QB is making outta pocket 40 yard plays and feeling it, you’re driving again moving the ball… so let’s run a fawking trick play ?????

It was one of the most absurd play calls I’ve ever witnessed, I can't believe McDermott green lit that call at that time. I don’t care how bad of a play it was, it was about the timing, the circumstances.

I better not see another trick play again this season, I can’t take it.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah you stick with what's working until they stop it. As far as reaction it did feel like Josh came back in pissed and that's also when he started slinging it to Coleman.

Coleman is all he has deep .. it’s not a great situation he finds himself in… once again 

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m usually a defender of Josh but I think some of the Brady blame belongs on him there…could easily throw that ball away and just take on the 3rd and 7.  He made that bad playcalling decision exponentially worse 

I need to see the all22 but I think Coleman was wide open. If he could have got the ball off a quarter second earlier it could have been a TD.

I agree with everyone that it was a horrible call at that point in the game but it could have been huge. Fractions of a second and things could have been different. 

23 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Brady has been pretty good, but that play call almost erased everything good he’s done.  If Allen gets hurt on that play, you just bought yourself a pink slip.  I still can’t believe how dumb that play was.  Travis Henry halfback pass bad.  

I agree with this.

In the heat of the moment there is a tendency to overstate the negative and succumb to recency bias. Even with some time to digest, the decision was remarkably bad and has to go down in the annals of worst play calls I've seen in my Bills fandom. And that's with Allen somehow not getting hurt. If that happened...

Edited by buffblue

I don’t believe it’s a “fireable offense”, but it lost us the game and put our QB in harms way. 

He needs to own up to it and be better, because he was dominated by the Ravens DC most of the game. 

Big time learning moment … and he needs to learn quick. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t believe it’s a “fireable offense”, but it lost us the game and put our QB in harms way. 

He needs to own up to it and be better, because he was dominated by the Ravens DC most of the game. 

Big time learning moment … and he needs to learn quick. 

Agreed.  Talk about squandering all your goodwill in 1 idiotic moronic play call.  

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I said it in the game chat as well, but that is a play you make when you are trying to gain momentum. When you are reeling and you want a spark.

That is a play call you do in the first half - when we looked lost. 

That is not a play you call when you have all the momentum and are driving to hopefully come within four or five points of the lead.

Aside from that one abomination of a play call, the rest of the game was an absolute unmitigated disaster of play calls as well. I recall second and shorts, like second and two, that were begging for a play action pass against a stacked box for big chunks. Instead, we ran straight into that stacked box. And also, what is up with all of the 2 yard quick hitter, wide receiver screens?

That run right with Rice. The Bills made the routine seem impossible tonight. 

It was a bad call, but anyone saying “FIRE HIM” needs to take a few quiet moments to themselves.

Who would you replace him with mid-season?

Have you been that disappointed in his performance week 1-3?

Is he so terrible that you prefer for Josh to have an entirely new coordinator mid-season and probably new playbook?

Chill out.

It was bad and they’ll learn from it.

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don't disagree.

But if he saw that Coleman was coming open for 6 down there?

I understand......

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d venture a guess that he had a guy open for 6. He needed a split second more.

Bringing it back to Brady … if that’s a play you want to run at some point, then you line up in wild cat and run the ball a few times over the first 3 weeks. Nothing extensive - just enough to put on tape that we run the ball out of that formation. Then you hit them with the pass.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't disagree.

But if he saw that Coleman was coming open for 6 down there?

I understand......

Oh yea I get why it happened and we have the power of hindsight here haha there’s probably plenty of plays that he pulled off some magic for a huge play that was 0.2 seconds from a sack fumble too 

23 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Brady was atrocious this game. Right from the start, the script looked bad. 

Drive prior to half was " huck it deep" Dorsey crap when there was plenty of time to drive. Why no outside runs to Cook early? 

Totally totally predictable. Seemed like the Michigan play stealer was working for the Ravens I tell ya. 

Just now, Einstein said:

I’d venture a guess that he had a guy open for 6. He needed a split second more.

Bringing it back to Brady … if that’s a play you want to run at some point, then you line up in wild cat and run the ball a few times over the first 3 weeks. Nothing extensive - just enough to put on tape that we run the ball out of that formation. Then you hit them with the pass.

Yeah I think so too.  Give Allen a blink of an eye longer, he hits whoever is downfield.  When the film comes out, I have a feeling someone is downfield by himself.

• Like (+1) 1