Brady’s Play Call = L

7 minutes ago, colin said:

Ya, agree.

I see these insane calls as a strange form of cowardice.  Same as having rapp Lewis and Hamlin start.

Instead of taking the risk of changing from the familiar, mcclap puts in trash players so he doesn't have to change his fragile scheme.

On o, instead of adapting to what hurts the ravens, they run the trash we saw in the first half, and when it gets better they make this idiotic call.  It shows a lack of confidence and ability to adapt, instead just throwing it up against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Low IQ front office.

Why isn’t Bishop ready?? He’s the best safety McDermott has ever drafted. Can’t get him ready?!

Because he looks ready to me, and McDermott has to get him out there starting. Kid could be a beast. But McDermott is weak. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m usually a defender of Josh but I think some of the Brady blame belongs on him there…could easily throw that ball away and just take on the 3rd and 7.  He made that bad playcalling decision exponentially worse 

Ya That's fair. Two things could be true: Brady called a horrible play and Josh should have threw it away

Watching the replay of it, Dawkins is lined up inside and Kincaid is lined up outside of him. They switch spots after the snap and run into each other!

This allows Van Noy to rush basically unblocked and interrupt the pitch. Samuel did a good job to try to half block him and half pitch the ball. 

Dawkins finally lumbers back there and lets Van Noy run right past him toward Allen for the strip sack! I’m not sure if he was afraid of blocking him back towards his own end zone which is a penalty, but do something dude! Dawkins killed this play.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It was a stupid play design but I don’t hate the idea of a trick play there. Something more kosher like a flea flicker 

Your line has been getting blown apart all night. There is no time to run anything like that. WHy Brady thought that he could make that call, and that it would work, is insane.

That play is never the right play. Never. Forget the situation. Never.

This has been the same play calling all year, the difference has been execution (or lack there of on the opposite side).  There has t been a lot going on, just flat out, we’re better than you.  Tonight that wasn’t the case.  The Ravens DARED them to throw the ball deep, so they ran it into the teeth of the D anyway.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It was an exceedingly stupid trick play, everyone knew Josh was getting the ball, if your doing that kind of trick play where you snap it to someone else a more clever trick would be to throw it to the opposite side.

Overall still dumb to take it out of his hands.

Also not a scheme guy but felt like the Ravens were crowding us up front all game not letting us get much going in the short game so why put Josh in that situation to get lit up.

I mean one would hope.

Haha I meant that’s definitely a ‘if your guy is not open quick throw it away’ type play and definitely not the setup for josh to try to buy time with the pocket collapsing to bomb one.

obviously the sack fumble was not intended 😂

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Why isn’t Bishop ready?? He’s the best safety McDermott has ever drafted. Can’t get him ready?!

Because he looks ready to me, and McDermott has to get him out there starting. Kid could be a beast. But McDermott is weak. 

Even if he's not ready for the exact scheme mcclap is sexually stimulated by (guy has a nickel fetish), why not make adjustments to get your best players on the field in a position to win?

Like Williams not playing over AJ flipping Kline vs kc.  Literally taking a husk of a slow guy to lose the way he wants rather than chance winning w some differences.

Reid was right to fire his azz

I won’t condemn him over one game but this game was really bad. That trick play was not only a stupid call in that situation but it wasn’t drawn up well either.

There was no need to run that play there even if it was drawn up well. It looked like something they put together on napkins during the flight without any actual practice of it. 

Just now, Simon said:

I get the sense that the All22 is going to show us Coleman streaking up the seam past flat-footed DBs.

But it was still a bad design and a dipshlt call right there

Yep that’s what I thought I saw and I just don’t have the heart to sit through it again yet 🤣. That’s a quick throwaway if josh didn’t feel like he was a split second from

a huge td I’m pretty sure

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I get the sense that the All22 is going to show us Coleman streaking up the seam past flat-footed DBs.

probably but Coleman was bullying the DB’s at that point in the game without some risky trick play that almost cost us the season. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yeah Coleman would been open for a big play but there was no time with that pass rush. 

• Agree 2