Brady’s Play Call = L

I still have 10 minutes of hell to watch, but I’m getting this out now. Joe Brady did a fireable thing. If the Bills started off the season like crap, and this play happened, I’d be done with him.

ALL THE MOMENTUM BELONGED TO YOU!!!!

…..PUT THE BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AT RECEIVER, THEN, RUN AT HIM WITH THE BALL, AS THE DEFENDERS PURSUE, TOSS IT TO HIM ANYWAYS IN THE MOST AWKARD WAY…. AND WHAT……

Watch the entire game be lost. What an idiotic call, and at the worst time. Truly stupid. YOU DIDN’T NEED TO DO TRICKS, BRADY!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I still have 10 minutes of hell to watch, but I’m getting this out now. Joe Brady did a fireable thing. If the Bills started off the season like crap, and this play happened, I’d be done with him.

…..PUT THE BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AT RECEIVER, THEN, RUN AT HIM WITH THE BALL, AS THE DEFENDERS PURSUE, TOSS IT TO HIM ANYWAYS IN THE MOST AWKARD WAY…. AND WHAT……

Watch the entire game be lost. What an idiotic call, and at the worst time. Truly stupid. YOU DIDN’T NEED TO DO TRICKS, BRADY!!!!

And almost get your Franchise player killed. He deserves to be fired. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ya, agree.

I see these insane calls as a strange form of cowardice.  Same as having rapp Lewis and Hamlin start.

Instead of taking the risk of changing from the familiar, mcclap puts in trash players so he doesn't have to change his fragile scheme.

On o, instead of adapting to what hurts the ravens, they run the trash we saw in the first half, and when it gets better they make this idiotic call.  It shows a lack of confidence and ability to adapt, instead just throwing it up against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Low IQ front office.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4

Everyone knew the ball was gonna end up in Josh’s hands. Really stupid. Execution on it was really Bad too. The toss was horrible and put Josh in a bad position. At that point Josh should have just gone down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Given the offensive line was struggling in pass protection, it was not a good call.  This was one of the worst games I've seen under McDermott, and he's laid a bunch of eggs.  They were completely outclassed by the guys on the other side of the field.  The Ravens watched film on the Bills and they had Brady's number. 

I'm not sure whether we should be worried, or whether we just matched up poorly with the Ravens tonight.  But, I do know the Ravens will be in the playoffs so we need to be able to keep up with them, which we didn't do at all tonight.

Let's hope some of our starters on defense get healthy.  We need them badly.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Part of its on josh…he definitely saw Keon about to beat the defense and decided to hang in there and try to make the throw.  Could’ve probably eaten it there to minimize the damage or thrown it away.  There’s no way Brady intended it to go down like that 🤣 still a bad call though of course 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I hope the press asks this exact scenario to McDermott and Brady!

• Like (+1) 3

Runs the ball on 1st down which sets up 2nd and medium/longish, which makes it a pretty obvious that the bills are gonna throw it the next play especially when down 21-10 in the 3rd quarter.

Im not against creativity, but that was just a ridiculous time to call that, as everyone knew Josh was gonna be involved in that play 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, QCity said:

Josh took a serious shot on that play.

We’re lucky his throwing arm did not get hit.  I know it was only one play call, but people get fired all the time for a single stupid decision.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Murdox said:

Given the offensive line was struggling in pass protection, it was not a good call.  This was one of the worst games I've seen under McDermott, and he's laid a bunch of eggs.  They were completely outclassed by the guys on the other side of the field.  The Ravens watched film on the Bills and they had Brady's number. 

I'm not sure whether we should be worried, or whether we just matched up poorly with the Ravens tonight.  But, I do know the Ravens will be in the playoffs so we need to be able to keep up with them, which we didn't do at all tonight.

Let's hope some of our starters on defense get healthy.  We need them badly.

At the moment in the game, the oline was actually starting to get some decent traction. We had all the moment, and completely blew it with that idiotic call.

• Agree 7

The problem with the play design is that there was no misdirection.  As soon as the “QB” sprints out wide to Allen’s side the whole play was flowing that way so anyone pursing would know if it looks like a lateral you are absolutely teeing off on Allen.  We are insanely lucky that he wasn’t killed.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

And almost get your Franchise player killed. He deserves to be fired. 

He should have to tell his entire team in the locker room he'll never call that play again and permanently tear it out of his playbook.  Damn near lost 17 for the season on that moronic drawn play.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It was an exceedingly stupid trick play, everyone knew Josh was getting the ball, if your doing that kind of trick play where you snap it to someone else a more clever trick would be to throw it to the opposite side.

Overall still dumb to take it out of his hands.

Also not a scheme guy but felt like the Ravens were crowding us up front all game not letting us get much going in the short game so why put Josh in that situation to get lit up.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Part of its on josh…he definitely saw Keon about to beat the defense and decided to hang in there and try to make the throw.  Could’ve probably eaten it there to minimize the damage or thrown it away.  There’s no way Brady intended it to go down like that 🤣 still a bad call though of course 

I mean one would hope.

• Agree 1

Brady has been excellent this year coming into tonight.  Im not going to condemn him after one game where we were dominated in all areas of the game on both sides of the ball.  

But…that was a learning moment.  It was incredibly stupid play call.  Down 2 scores on the road while you have momentum you stay calm and keep playing your game and do what is working.  You don’t run a risky play there that quite frankly was just a bad play design from the get go.   

It really hurt the team and a case can be made it cost us any chance of getting back into this game.  

But let’s see how he and the offense responds next week.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I said it in the game chat as well, but that is a play you call when you are trying to gain momentum. When you are reeling and you want a spark.

That is a play you call in the first half, for example - when we looked lost. 

That is not a play you call when you have all the momentum and are driving to hopefully come within four or five points of the lead.

Aside from that one abomination of a play call, the rest of the game was an absolute unmitigated disaster of play calls as well. I recall second and shorts, like second and two, that were begging for a play action pass against a stacked box for big chunks. Instead, we ran straight into that stacked box.

And also, what is up with all of the 2 yard quick hitter, wide receiver screens?

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Runs the ball on 1st down which sets up 2nd and medium/longish, which makes it a pretty obvious that the bills are gonna throw it the next play especially when down 21-10 in the 3rd quarter.

Im not against creativity, but that was just a ridiculous time to call that, as everyone knew Josh was gonna be involved in that play 

I’m usually a defender of Josh but I think some of the Brady blame belongs on him there…could easily throw that ball away and just take on the 3rd and 7.  He made that bad playcalling decision exponentially worse