9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

I have thought from the off-season this was a reset year. Did they acquire enough young talent to develop and grow around Allen? Remains to be seen. And how many years will we have wasted of a once in a franchise talent at QB?  Would be nice to get some of the pieces of second line of defense back at some point to see what we could look like there. Being dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is the most concerning outcome of this game. Thought that might be a strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Even after everything they were actually in decent shape when that busted trick play happened. The play before I was actually thinking how smart it was that Brady was still calling runs and seemingly being patient. They were only down 11 and were driving with lots of time left in the 3rd quarter. Then BAM, Brady hit the eject button. 

I agree and was thinking the same thing. Could have had the Ravens on their heels had we scored on that drive.👍

Flush this game and move on IMO. Baltimore is a great team and they looked it tonight. A couple unfortunate early drops and coaching mistakes put us too far behind and basically forced us to have a perfect second half to stand a chance. 

3-1 and looking the way we have while doing it is still better than I expected coming into the year. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

If you expect Kincaid to be the same as the best tight end over the past 5 years and a sure fire hall of famer you will always be disappointed.

he had a drop or two, but he was one of the few guys beating his coverage and getting open occasionally.  Maybe not a full on “positive”, but there is positive tape to show about things he did this game

I do expect him to have at least one game out of 4 to have above average production. Right now. You’re getting average production. Which is crazy. Bc we all see it. He’s super talented. The coaches blow 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I remember when Knox was a threat in the passing game and it seemed like we hit on the pick

That's coaching. He didn't forget how to play 

I think he literally leads the league in drop % since entering the league. He had one outlier decent season and has otherwise been a liability as a pass catcher. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

My big fear when Allen went down was the UCL. But replay showed his arm barely got hit and this confirms it. Sounds like he's good. 

Thank God his elbow, shoulder and arm are ok.

He's had a UCL twice in his career already I believe so that was my initial concern too, but yeah, looks like the ball and not his arm took the hit 

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I thought Bishop acquitted himself well.  Might be time to go with him and take your lumps with a rookie at safety.

Is there a chance Hyde would come back?

Thought he lost a step last year, less so than Poyer. Feel he wouldn’t be out of position on critical plays.

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

That trick play if it worked out could have made it a 4 or 3 pt game.  In hindsight that play shouldn't have been called.  Brady thought to surprise them and get back into the game quickly. It didn't work out.  There was still time left and some good momentum going our way. 

He went the OC equivalent of “sugar high Josh”, feeling like he needed to get it all back in a big play when the Bills were driving just fine and had all of the momentum. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we cut him 2mrw morning 

I'd be a little surprised but not shocked.

If this game was closer, maybe.

He hit a 50, the miss wasn't close.

The problem is that I don't like either of the 2 kickers they worked out either.

Derrick Henry set the tone early with early TD and the defense got shook after that. It opened up everything for the Ravens on offense and gave Lamar easy throws. 

Defense started to settle in later in the game and late into the 3rd quarter. Offense started moving the ball then before you know it, Joe Brady completely blew the momentum with the trick play call. Game over. Tough game but no need for concern yet. 

I am concerned about Curtis Samuel role on this team. I have no idea what the plan is for him and I’m not sure Joe does either..they need more out of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What I don’t understand is what happened to all the plans they had for Samuel.  They use him like they don’t know what to do with him.  

Weird right. A recurring trend from Mcbeane tenure. FA wr. Jamison crowder, Deonte harty. Curtis Samuel

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 97bills said:

The defense is all over the place, guys wide open, I expect the Texans to pass heavy, we better be prepared to score 40

Gotta get pressure on Stroud.  Our zone is just too slow to react as tonight showed.

• Agree 1