9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

They were exposed for the soft team they are. The bills do not match up well with a more physical team like Baltimore. The backups that have been forced into starting roles on D caught up to them. Too small, too soft. We need some physical players and some play makers. 

This is the right take for me.  Especially losing physical players like Poyer and Hyde... we don't match up well against this type of team.  I'm disappointed by the outcome, but part of me kind of expected it.

The next two games kind of worry me.  I feel like we never play the AFC south particularly well, and the Jets are another team that tends to cause problems for Allen.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

And two drops by Coleman and Kincaid and that looks something like 18 for 29 for 240 yards. Allen wasn't the problem tonight. A shakey offensive line was the huge issue with our offense.

True, our oline got destroyed , and our Dline hasn’t played the run good all year, you add the injuries to linebacker, this is what we got.. 

• Agree 1

That trick play if it worked out could have made it a 4 or 3 pt game.  In hindsight that play shouldn't have been called.  Brady thought to surprise them and get back into the game quickly. It didn't work out.  There was still time left and some good momentum going our way. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Thank you. Back to my original point.

I don’t give a flip about the D. They’re soft small smurfs that are slow. And play for a wimpy coach. And honestly are just down too many bodies. I had no expectations for them this year. I figured every game we had to win in a shootout.

what is truly concerning. And has halted any serious contention talk for me is. How in the world Josh Allen goes 16/29 for 180. Against a bad pass D. 

Coaching for sure. We saw CC show the halftime “highlights “ - every pass play was for 2 yards / horizontal hoping for yac in first half.

but some is on Josh. Every pass to Hollins he had a wild inaccurate ball. 

Definitely wasn’t Allen’s sharpest game, but I agree - that game plan was all wrong and did him no favors. They didn’t attack, they were trying to rely on YAC from horizontal stuff until they got in a big hole and Allen just started launching it. Would also help if his guys would catch the ball. 

My week just got a lot more productive. I think after this post I won't be opening TBD until after next game. The bipolar nature of a huge chunk of the fan base and the overreaction to this nightmare will make this place miserable.

A few thoughts;

- they weren't ready to play. I think people vastly underestimate the mental side of the game and things like desperation and 'needing' to win, especially by good teams. Baltimore needed this game. They were at home and juiced up big time. We were fat and happy. Overconfident and not as hungry. The Henry run sucked any mojo they had right out of them. Fans always go 'well they're pros. they should always play hard'. That's just not the reality of how things work. Nobody brings their A game every week. Every team has an F game once in a while. Even great teams.

-Baltimore is always a bad matchup for us. It's like a team playing Army. You won't run into another team with this style all year and they are the exact opposite of what our D is built to stop

- We are seeing the impacts of the entire LB group being backups. I'm including Taron in the group. Not only are they all in the same position, they are 3 of the best players on the defence

-It was all ugly but they got punked on the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter what anyone else does when the lines are that bad. I'd bench Torrence yesterday. He's killing us.

-Calls to fire people are brainless. Get real. The reality is that this team is likely what most of us though in the offseason. A competitive reload but not a top shelf team. Too much turnover, too much dead cap space. I still expect them to make the playoffs. They could get hot, any given Sunday, as they say. We're neither as good as we looked last week or as bad as we look today.

Flush it and on to the next one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

not sure why we decided to go all passive agasint baltimore to start out with.   normally we bring house over and over, maybe because of henry..idk.  but in

the 2nd half we were gettin pressure and having results.   

do we have a D line?.... where was Ed?  where was Von?   I seen Groot in the run game but that was about it.   some good plays from new comers and 

rooks on D.  

how is it no matter what we called....which its really hard to say because the camera never does a down field view most of the time, but few times it did...

we had no one past the line of scrimmage.  anyway....  no matter there was tight coverage yet our secondary left 10-15 yard cushions 

I thought the play calling looked a lot like Dorsey.

some dirty plays from the Ravens.  the fingers to the eyes of kincaid and then humphries slamming josh way after he had gotten rid of the ball.

I thought that should have at least...at the least...been a penalty....  (thanks brady for that  play)

Maybe the 0-line can quit reading its own press clippings and get to work because they got their ass kicked today.  way to many free runners coming after 

Josh.

All in all bad coaching, maybe they took baltimore to lightly during the week.

I'm Glad this happened early in the season.   Its a good wake up call to players and coaches.   wake up and get your ***** together.  

Anyone that says if you have a good offense you dont need any window dressing...i call b.s.   So many of the Ravens offensive play calls had

some type of twist or misdirection or something to get it just a little bit of an edge and it worked.   

Hopefully Brady didnt get Allen killed and he will be ok next week.

Final thoughts...

Bean should get taken to the woodshed for rolling with Bass..I dont care how much history he has with the team..his leg is done.  

might as well just designate some player to play back up qb and have an extra player take trubisky spot...he's worse at qb than bass is as a kicker.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You absolutely need to move on from Bass. It’s just not something you can live with going forward. Every single kick against us..I assume will be made. Every kick Bass has outside of 35 yards I assume he will miss. It’s over. Try something else. You also are going to have to start thinking about a WR trade. You can make everything rainbows when you are running it up on some tomato can, but when the good teams can eliminate the easy throw, you need guys that can separate. This was a very bad night that hopefully doesn’t spill into a downfall.

Bass is clearly on the bottom half tier of kickers in this league.

Will probably cost us at least one game this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What I don’t understand is what happened to all the plans they had for Samuel.  They use him like they don’t know what to do with him.  

He hurt his ankle or something right before the season started didn’t he? Felt like one of those injuries that will likely nag him all year and I just don’t think he’s that special to begin with. They’ve tried lining him up all over the place; he just isn’t doing much with the opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1

We're going to need more than a gimmicky / underneath offense against the top teams and coaches. Our QB has one of the strongest arms in the league, we need to start challenging vertically. The Ravens were all over our dink and dunk passing game from the start.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

We just need to all stay together, I lock the doors ands pull down the shades this week, stay outta the social media spaces and avoid all the negativity, go to work or school and just get your ***** done one day at a time until next Sunday 1pm shows up.

Come out firing in Houston and start another streak.

That’s all we’ll and good so long as we don’t get light up by Houston 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Yes, the Bills got punched in the mouth. Beaten up on both lines of scrimmage. But I still believe what I said at the start of the second half: the Bills are not as bad as they looked in this game, and the Ravens not as good. 

Each game is a test. The Texans game will be a stiff one. The Bills need to win one of the next two. 

I'm worried that Allen injured his arm on that crazy fumble play.

We'll see what happens. 

Just watched Josh's presser.  He said he's good.  It was more his lower back that took the brunt.  He wasn't hanging his head.  He gave the Ravens credit.  He said they'll look at the film, learn from it and get ready for the next game.  O line communication was off tonight.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You absolutely need to move on from Bass. It’s just not something you can live with going forward. Every single kick against us..I assume will be made. Every kick Bass has outside of 35 yards I assume he will miss. It’s over. Try something else. You also are going to have to start thinking about a WR trade. You can make everything rainbows when you are running it up on some tomato can, but when the good teams can eliminate the easy throw, you need guys that can separate. This was a very bad night that hopefully doesn’t spill into a downfall.

I agree. You can definitely sign someone off the street more reliable than Bass.

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Yeah, they knew the EXACT defense the Bills would run out there for play #1 and designed a play to kill it. Against a secondary that can run it goes for 20, against the Bills it goes for 87.

Yup. It happens. They just got beat tonight. It was bound to happen eventually. Bills will be fine tho 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sullim4 said:

This is the right take for me.  Especially losing physical players like Poyer and Hyde... we don't match up well against this type of team.  I'm disappointed by the outcome, but part of me kind of expected it.

The next two games kind of worry me.  I feel like we never play the AFC south particularly well, and the Jets are another team that tends to cause problems for Allen.

The defense is all over the place, guys wide open, I expect the Texans to pass heavy, we better be prepared to score 40

1 minute ago, billsherd said:

That trick play if it worked out could have made it a 4 or 3 pt game.  In hindsight that play shouldn't have been called.  Brady thought to surprise them and get back into the game quickly. It didn't work out.  There was still time left and some good momentum going our way. 

We'd all love it if it worked - but it didn't, and it's too easy to 2nd guess. It was all going our way at that point, and the Ravens were definitely thinking about their previous blown leads.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1