9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Woof. Lots of questions. I don’t know why Cook rotates from top AFC player to seemingly in the doghouse fan scapegoat week after week still. We really have nothing after Shakir. Kincaid and for that matter Knox need to step up and get open.

But year of the RB? I don’t see any team having an antidote for a Henry led rushing attack like that. Also Taylor and Kamara to lesser extents. Seems to be more of an advantage than a true #1 receiver at least 4 weeks in. Kind of hilarious with all the offseason WR talk.

MVS, Samuel, Knox and Hollins are absolutely worthless in this offense. We have 3 guys to count on.  That's it....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Honestly I knew 4th and 20 would be ridiculous to go for it, but given the game situation I was kind of like what would even be the point of 3pts plus what if he misses.

It was an 18 pt game at that point if I remember correctly. Needed the 3 there to get it to a 2 score possession.

• Agree 1

1. Henry was untouched on his long TD. Just terrible safety and linebacker play on that one.

2. Rapp, Hamlin, D. Williams, Spector and Cam Lewis were terrible. We already knew this…Bishop also got picked on for 1 TD I think.

3. Offensive game plan was bad. Play designs seemed to be either quick WR screens or deep shots when we were down.

4. WR and TE weren’t getting separation, and had a bunch of drops. Kincaid drops was killer at the beginning of the game to stall a drive.

5. That trick play was just dumb. Bills were driving to be down 4 (or maybe even down 3 if they went for 2).

6. Bass has got to go. We can’t have a kicker that misses 1 FG per game. We just can’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Beaten in all 3 phases.

Felt like the offense was nothing like we've seen the last 2 weeks. Guys couldn't get open and Josh was running for his life way too much. 

I'm still upset with Brady and that incredibly stupid trick play. 

Defense was absolutely dominated in the trenches and our LBs were awful 

Can we now talk about how bad Hamlin is? It's a nice story when we're winning but he has such a negative impact overall. 

Ravens were supposedly bad defending the pass but I guess nobody told them that. We obviously knew this offense would struggle at some point given the talent we have on the outside. Hopefully it's not the start of a trend because you can't expect to survive hoping Keon wins jump balls every week. 

Flush this turd and forget about it 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We had a terrible game plan. 

Brady is the big goat this game. Dumb script then really could not adjust with anything but Madden like deep balls or foolish truck plays. 

I think that drive before half was a huge missed opportunity and just a good awful last few plays. 

I honestly don't think D got pushed around badly. Just looked like bad scheme and WRs really exploiting. 

I don't know what Brady thought he saw on tape but Roquan can't cover the middle and their safeties are ***** and he tried exactly 0 throws to the mid-deep middle. No deep overs, no posts, nothing. He plowed right into their strength running into the line and throwing to the boundaries and basically using the swing passes that were fine against the Jags but won't work when they're putting a chess piece like Hamilton in your way.

Edited by Ralonzo

Tough night at the office for Brady and Babich.  The playmakers couldn’t get open and we couldn’t manufacture yards with RAC.  Brady wasn’t good enough to bail them out.  

The fumble flea flicker bs fittingly ended the game.  Bad play call in a spot where we were moving the ball.  

Keons drops was painful too. 

If those 2 plays had gone in our favor, we had a good chance of winning the games. 

credit to the ravens for having and executing better game plans.  

regroup

Edited by NewEra

Took 30 minutes to start playing ball.  We started to make some plays and then that atrocity of a play call pretty much ended whatever hopes we had.

You can't play timid, and we did on both sides of the ball for most of the night.  We looked like our defenders were stuck in their heads thinking about what their gaps/lane responsibilities were instead of just attacking them and playing fast.

Tyler Bass is my biggest concern moving forward.  Everything else, learn and move on.

2 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Here’s a question for knowledgeable fans:

Who is to blame for Henry’s TD in Baltimore’s first play from scrimmage?

Right side of the defense.

I think it was Rapp who should have been in the hole henry ran through. I want to see the All-22 on that play and the “trick” play.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

MVS, Samuel, Knox and Hollins are absolutely worthless in this offense. We have 3 guys to count on.  That's it....

I will have to agree MVS is not a fit here. Has done nothing.

Knox isn’t a problem.

Edited by davefan66

3 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

What’s up with ed Oliver this year? 4 games in someone please correct me if I am wrong but believe he made couple impact plays against Miami? Just feels like he’s invincible this year 

Oliver hasn’t played all that well but he was getting held all day. Every time I seen him start to break through he got held far worse than the cheap holding call they gave us on that stupid flop. I’m not blaming the refs this game. Just sayin what I seen when I actually watched him a few times. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Excellent blocking. Seriously it was text book blocking. Well done 

Yeah, they knew the EXACT defense the Bills would run out there for play #1 and designed a play to kill it. Against a secondary that can run it goes for 20, against the Bills it goes for 87.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Here’s a question for knowledgeable fans:

Who is to blame for Henry’s TD in Baltimore’s first play from scrimmage?

I'm going to say the defense.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ALG1130 said:

Going into the game, I felt they would do just that. Our run D is weak. Honestly, I don't know what this defense is. I mean, I think I have an idea, and it's not very good, but I seem to make people angry when I say this. I felt it would be weak coming into this season, but they tightened up against Arizona, and we allowed little points the next two weeks, but it felt more like blunders on Miami's offense(Tua and his int's) and Jacksonville did not look great. I never really felt like our D was dominating and felt they would get run over in this game. They did. I just don't think they are very good. They kind of can be if we start off with a lead, but we can't count on them to bail us out(they did have some moments tonight though, and of course Brady blundered big time). I am hoping when we get some key players back, the defense looks a lot different.

I want to know why year after year Pittsburgh and Baltimore always have a great defense. Hell, even The Chiefs have joined the party. Our offense isn't always going to light it up, so it would be nice to have a defense that could help when our offense stalls.

1) I think our D has benefitted the last two weeks by having other teams play from behind.

2) Pitt, Balt, and KC all have historically had game-wrecking pass rushers. When TJ Watt went out a few years ago, the Steelers defense went from like first to last in the league. Amazing what one all-pro rusher can do.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

As usual, lots of overreaction.

I would say the Bills were a bit out-coached in this one. In retrospect I think they should have crowded the box and dared Baltimore to pass. In fairness the Bills were relying on 2 backup LBs and a backup nickel back who all struggled. Cam Lewis is a huge step down from Taron and he whiffed on a few big plays. Also the Bills are weak at safety and I’m glad Rapp was injured and that the Cole Bishop era has begun. Also in fairness to the Bills, Baltimore is still rolling out their Lamar/Henry offense. There’s not much video except 3 games and that offense is still evolving and adding wrinkles.

The Bills will be fine and in fact teams often grow more after losses than  after wins. We’ll probably see these guys in December.

He who laughs last laughs best.

Noticed that with Cam too.

Like he closes his eyes and launches himself. Babich put him in the right place to stop those little outlet passes, but he was slow to get to his spot and whiffed a lot.

Not a lot of help behind him so those misses turned into chunk plays.

We need to get our starters back healthy and let some of the young guys bake a bit more and depth guys go back to those spot duty roles.

Babich and Brady need to figure out how they were both taken to the wood shed as you know Houston will try some of the same things.

Probably more so Brady as the Texans don't present the same offensive problems as Baltimore's Henry and Lamar, but this team has a history of getting into slumps, we need to bounce back quickly.

• Agree 1