9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Ravens have one of the best pass defenses in the league.  Their run defense is bad.

You got that backwards. Near last in pass defense, tops in rush defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Woof. Lots of questions. I don’t know why Cook rotates from top AFC player to seemingly in the doghouse fan scapegoat week after week still. We really have nothing after Shakir. Kincaid and for that matter Knox need to step up and get open.

But year of the RB? I don’t see any team having an antidote for a Henry led rushing attack like that. Also Taylor and Kamara to lesser extents. Seems to be more of an advantage than a true #1 receiver at least 4 weeks in. Kind of hilarious with all the offseason WR talk.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

It's a long season. That record we have in one score games was bound to end and it did spectacularly tonight.  The fact remains that if the Bills go 12 - 5 they've had a fantastic season and will win the division.

Brady's trick play was a bad call and I'm not saying that in hindsight.  When Allen is on the field no one believes he isn't ending up with the ball when Samuel is behind center. The Raven defenders flew to Allen on that play and blew it up.  The only trick plays that will ever work is if Allen touches the ball first and then the trick play happens. Like those throws back to Allen for TD's that Beasley & Brown made. 

In defense of Brady though he had been excellent for 12 straight games (including playoffs) so he was due for a clunker.

The good news is 11-5 with 2 wins over the Jets pretty much guarantees the division.  

And I couldn’t have expected more honestly going in to the season where I just want to get in.  

Healthiest team will win the AFC.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Yes, the Bills got punched in the mouth. Beaten up on both lines of scrimmage. But I still believe what I said at the start of the second half: the Bills are not as bad as they looked in this game, and the Ravens not as good. 

Each game is a test. The Texans game will be a stiff one. The Bills need to win one of the next two. 

I'm worried that Allen injured his arm on that crazy fumble play.

We'll see what happens. 

Allen seemed to throw the ball fine after that. In particular the throws to Coleman on the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

It's Week 4. **** happens. We are 3-1. 

I would like to know what the hell the plan is for Curtis Samuel though. At this point it seems they are forcing him on the field because of the contract we gave him. And it's not working, not even a little bit. 

Yea. He’s WORSE than Harty! And that dude from the jets that broke his ankle. At least those guys caught some balls for first downs! My goodness

We had a terrible game plan. 

Brady is the big goat this game. Dumb script then really could not adjust with anything but Madden like deep balls or foolish truck plays. 

I think that drive before half was a huge missed opportunity and just a good awful last few plays. 

I honestly don't think D got pushed around badly. Just looked like bad scheme and WRs really exploiting. 

Say what you will about this but would you rather get smashed in 1 game by 25 or lose 6 games by 4 points each like the Bills have done the past couple of years.

My running diatribe on the coaching staff has been "do only what it takes to lose, no more and no less." 

Well, at least THIS wasn't THAT! rofl

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

And… the idiot Kicker was the futility exclamation point! 

Honestly I knew 4th and 20 would be ridiculous to go for it, but given the game situation I was kind of like what would even be the point of 3pts plus what if he misses.

Brady's that deserve a punch in the face:

5. Greg Brady- Smug little punk. 

4. Brady Quinn- Never liked him as a player. 

3. Wayne Brady- Except when he appeared on Chapelle Show. That was a great appearance 

2. Tom Brady- Obvious reasons. Normally reserved for my #1 spot

1. Joe Brady- Channelling his "inner Daboll" and getting cute at the wrong time changes the whole momentum of the game. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

What’s up with ed Oliver this year? 4 games in someone please correct me if I am wrong but believe he made couple impact plays against Miami? Just feels like he’s invincible this year 

He spent a lot of the game spying Lamar and Henry did most of his damage on the edges.

He wasn't "good" but he wasn't given many opportunities outside the 3rd qrtr

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Positives:

Coleman showed good hands on the edge

Cook ran pretty well

Kincaid did well

Dawkins continues to look good

Benford played well

thats my list.  Biggest disappointment was the D-line and LBers

Kincaid did well?! 5 for 47!?!? And he had two drops. He’s supposed to be Kelce. How about 1 . 1 game with that production!?! Again I blame it mostly on the coaches 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It’s funny— thinking back on that game, I am not even sure what the ravens did on offense, except some basic hand offs and some short passes and screens. They just gashed us with them. 

Going into the game, I felt they would do just that. Our run D is weak. Honestly, I don't know what this defense is. I mean, I think I have an idea, and it's not very good, but I seem to make people angry when I say this. I felt it would be weak coming into this season, but they tightened up against Arizona, and we allowed little points the next two weeks, but it felt more like blunders on Miami's offense(Tua and his int's) and Jacksonville did not look great. I never really felt like our D was dominating and felt they would get run over in this game. They did. I just don't think they are very good. They kind of can be if we start off with a lead, but we can't count on them to bail us out(they did have some moments tonight though, and of course Brady blundered big time). I am hoping when we get some key players back, the defense looks a lot different.

I want to know why year after year Pittsburgh and Baltimore always have a great defense. Hell, even The Chiefs have joined the party. Our offense isn't always going to light it up, so it would be nice to have a defense that could help when our offense stalls.

• Agree 1