9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

Yes, the Bills got punched in the mouth. Beaten up on both lines of scrimmage. But I still believe what I said at the start of the second half: the Bills are not as bad as they looked in this game, and the Ravens not as good. 

Each game is a test. The Texans game will be a stiff one. The Bills need to win one of the next two. 

I'm worried that Allen injured his arm on that crazy fumble play.

We'll see what happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFooteball said:

Long season and sitting at 3-1. That’s all I got on the positive. Totally dominated from the start tonight. Not sure if anything good came from it. Grade F performance all around. My favorite regular season stat involving the bills not losing by more than 6 in I believe 42 or 43 games is over 😞 

Positives:

Coleman showed good hands on the edge

Cook ran pretty well

Kincaid did well

Dawkins continues to look good

Benford played well

thats my list.  Biggest disappointment was the D-line and LBers

1 minute ago, balln said:

Allen 16/29 for 180

kincaid 5 for 47

against a BAD ravens pass D. 

That’s such an epic failure. Coaches / players. Allen

Allen first QB the Ravens have played that didn’t throw for at least 235. Bills are the first team that didn’t score at least 25 against that defense and the QBs even include Gardener Minshew. Just felt like they weren’t attacking on offense or defense. On offense everything was horizontal until they got down big and Josh just started chucking it. On defense they played scared of Lamar until they came out with aggression after halftime. The trick play turnover was the back breaker. Never recovered from it.

• Like (+1) 1

Tired on these primetime games,  this was a stinker and I'm thankful Allen never got injured on stupid Brady play call that a high school defence could have spotted.  Throw that play away,  stupid design and Ravens are not a team that you should be trying it against

• Agree 1

Looking forward to the AM shows talking about being able to throw deep and attack after we got throttled by a team that ran for 250 yards and whose opening 87 yard TD RUN set the tone.  

Welcome to the NFL in 2024. 

We need bigger people in the middle on that D Line.  

It's Week 4. **** happens. We are 3-1. 

I would like to know what the hell the plan is for Curtis Samuel though. At this point it seems they are forcing him on the field because of the contract we gave him. And it's not working, not even a little bit. 

Just now, Brand J said:

Allen first QB the Ravens have played that didn’t throw for at least 235. Bills are the first team that didn’t score at least 25 against that defense and the QBs even include Gardener Minshew. Just felt like they weren’t attacking on offense or defense. On offense everything was horizontal until they got down big and Josh just started chucking it. On defense they played scared of Lamar until they came out with aggression after halftime. The trick play turnover was the back breaker. Never recovered from it.

Bingo. There HAS to be blame laid at the feet of the QB. I lay way more at the coach - Brady !

It's a long season. That record we have in one score games was bound to end and it did spectacularly tonight.  The fact remains that if the Bills go 12 - 5 they've had a fantastic season and will win the division.

Brady's trick play was a bad call and I'm not saying that in hindsight.  When Allen is on the field no one believes he isn't ending up with the ball when Samuel is behind center. The Raven defenders flew to Allen on that play and blew it up.  The only trick plays that will ever work is if Allen touches the ball first and then the trick play happens. Like those throws back to Allen for TD's that Beasley & Brown made. 

In defense of Brady though he had been excellent for 12 straight games (including playoffs) so he was due for a clunker.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think these coaches are capable of winning a superbowl.

That might seem harsh but be honest, unless every single call, every single bounce  goes their way this coaching staff will not out class any top tier coaches when it really counts. 

The GM refuses to load the team with any blue chip offensive talent to help out his all world QB and they keep handing out huge contracts to brittle undersized players. 

This current regime is maxed out. Sorry. 

Edited by The 9 Isles
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

Even after everything they were actually in decent shape when that busted trick play happened. The play before I was actually thinking how smart it was that Brady was still calling runs and seemingly being patient. They were only down 11 and were driving with lots of time left in the 3rd quarter. Then BAM, Brady hit the eject button. 

This.

We have a lot of new faces and depth guys playing starting roles.

OC and DC coaching staff did them no favors with this uninspired game plan that put them behind the 8 ball from the start.

Terrible gadget play call by Brady just when the team was starting to string positive yards together and the defense was getting some stops.

Wrong place, wrong time, so many Raven players crowding the line it was a super risky thing to try that weird flea flicker play at that spot on the field and nearly got Allen killed.

Completely swung the momentum. Maybe something where Allen should have checked out of that too when he saw they were playing so many in the box, but any chance we had was buried there

The young guys will learn, we will get our starters back and some guys that showed why they are depth players will go back to those roles.

As usual, lots of overreaction.

I would say the Bills were a bit out-coached in this one. In retrospect I think they should have crowded the box and dared Baltimore to pass. In fairness the Bills were relying on 2 backup LBs and a backup nickel back who all struggled. Cam Lewis is a huge step down from Taron and he whiffed on a few big plays. Also the Bills are weak at safety and I’m glad Rapp was injured and that the Cole Bishop era has begun. Also in fairness to the Bills, Baltimore is still rolling out their Lamar/Henry offense. There’s not much video except 3 games and that offense is still evolving and adding wrinkles.

The Bills will be fine and in fact teams often grow more after losses than  after wins. We’ll probably see these guys in December.

He who laughs last laughs best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Positives:

Coleman showed good hands on the edge

Cook ran pretty well

Kincaid did well

Dawkins continues to look good

Benford played well

thats my list.  Biggest disappointment was the D-line and LBers

That’s fair. I know it will happen but I will I believe Coleman had one drop and Kincaid 2 all being drive killers. 

I will add Hamlin and Lewis to biggest disappointment tonight