9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

This game felt like a disjointed game plan from the jump.  Unfortunately the D was reeling from the 87 yard gash and the offense didn’t pick them up when they needed it.   

Felt like it was going to get out of hand much earlier but they stayed in it until their coaches failed them with some questionable decisions.  

Bottom line 3-1.  Top of their division.   It could be worse.   But they need 2-0 over next two or things will get tight at end of season in a bad way.  

Where are my power ranking pals???

Henry set the tone, and the offense was forced to be one dimensional when it was 21-3.  We get some momentum, and the busted trick play pushes it away.

we were bullied tonight.  Ravens are a big, tough team.  You have to be willing to block hard and hit hard to beat them.

one thing I did notice - ravens were so successful with their outside blitz.  When our RB moved up towards the line pre snap, they brought a rusher on the opposite edge and the RB couldn’t move over in time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Coleman in the 2nd half was a bright spot.

I'm sure some other fans and analysts will call us pretenders after this - but sometimes, these games just happen. If not for that trick play, I think we probably win. We had them on their heels at that moment, but lost the moment.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don’t mind the loss. It’s the complete utter embarrassment. We haven’t lost like this since that Colts game like two year ago. I expect our team to have some fight in it. 

To be fair, they re-grouped and tried hard to the end. Not like they quit at any time. Just got beat badly.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Learn from this game and move forward.  Total failure from top to bottom.  This team was not ready physically or mentally.  Baltimore imposed their will upon the Bills.  

Prime Time games are always tough for the visitors.  The Bills got punched in the mouth.  Learn from the mistakes and move on.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Torrence looked like he was on the ravens pay roll. Almost an accomplice in the murder of josh allen 

He had a good rook year but he's a few more games like this from being a bust right now.

Sloppy fat body and a weak mind aren't a great combo

• Agree 1

Long season and sitting at 3-1. That’s all I got on the positive. Totally dominated from the start tonight. Not sure if anything good came from it. Grade F performance all around. My favorite regular season stat involving the bills not losing by more than 6 in I believe 42 or 43 games is over 😞 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Still in first place. ***** happens. They played terrible in the first half and looked to be taking the game over in the second until Joe Brady happened. Took all the air out of the balloon.

They’ll be ready for Houston. You can count on it.

I hope so. They took a physical beating tonight, hope they can heal enough for next week.

Hope Rapp is back. Houston has some WR’s that will cause us problems with a depleted D.

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Allen 16/29 for 180

kincaid 5 for 47

against a BAD ravens pass D. 

That’s such an epic failure. Coaches / players. Allen

And two drops by Coleman and Kincaid and that looks something like 18 for 29 for 240 yards. Allen wasn't the problem tonight. A shakey offensive line was the huge issue with our offense.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1